NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Just openend the official club website and thought we'd signed someone (the Ba picture) :lol:

Aye, got me jumping for a sec until my the page loaded. :lol: :okay:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/a0/6f/0,,10278~11169696,00.gif

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/30/alan-pardew-still-fears-losing-his-big-name-players-72703-31725557/

With Arsenal still being linked with Cabaye and fans concerned over a deadline day exit akin to that of Andy Carroll in January 2011, Pardew told the Chronicle: “I’m never confident

“I lost Andy Carroll for £35m. Who would have actually said that there’d be a bid for £35m for Andy Carroll?

“No one, and we have to look at those bids if they’re in that region. We’re not in a financial situation where we could say we couldn’t use £40m.”

“Until the day comes when we’re in the Champions League and in a healthier position, that’s going to be our fate right up until 11pm on Friday night,” he admitted. “I’m not going to rule out anything other than that we’re on top of it all.

“The most important thing is we don’t lose one of our key players. I’m on guard at that. The club’s on guard, and we’ve got to be careful.”

It's like a parody now.

Should United offload some of their stars then they could move for other targets. With the likes of Mathieu Debuchy of Lille linked with Real Madrid, Pardew said: “I want the fans to know that myself, Lee (Charnley) and Derek (Llambias) are monitoring all the transfers.

“We know the players we’re looking out for, and if they move, that might trigger us.

“If they don’t, we may hold off until such time we think the deal might be better.”

What does that actually mean? If they move, how can we be triggered? :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/30/alan-pardew-still-fears-losing-his-big-name-players-72703-31725557/

With Arsenal still being linked with Cabaye and fans concerned over a deadline day exit akin to that of Andy Carroll in January 2011, Pardew told the Chronicle: “I’m never confident

“I lost Andy Carroll for £35m. Who would have actually said that there’d be a bid for £35m for Andy Carroll?

“No one, and we have to look at those bids if they’re in that region. We’re not in a financial situation where we could say we couldn’t use £40m.”

“Until the day comes when we’re in the Champions League and in a healthier position, that’s going to be our fate right up until 11pm on Friday night,” he admitted. “I’m not going to rule out anything other than that we’re on top of it all.

“The most important thing is we don’t lose one of our key players. I’m on guard at that. The club’s on guard, and we’ve got to be careful.”

It's like a parody now.

Fucking hell man :lol: :lol:

What a joke this is.

He makes it sound like someone is going to break in, bundle a player into a van and drive him off to a new club.

You don't have to be careful, you just have to turn them all down!

He makes it sound like someone is going to break in, bundle a player into a van and drive him off to a new club.

Depends how much is offered, would you turn down 20 million for Cabaye?

On deadline day, yes.

On deadline day, yes.

Its good money.

Strange that he is inviting big offers by regularly touting our top players. If you were worried about it you wouldn't advertise them via the press.

Perhaps he has been told to sell to buy?

was he not just answering questions which were asked.  I dont think he rang the chronicle up to say that.

Should United offload some of their stars then they could move for other targets. With the likes of Mathieu Debuchy of Lille linked with Real Madrid, Pardew said: “I want the fans to know that myself, Lee (Charnley) and Derek (Llambias) are monitoring all the transfers.

“We know the players we’re looking out for, and if they move, that might trigger us.

“If they don’t, we may hold off until such time we think the deal might be better.”

He's not the most eloquent English speaker. This is in relation to his comment about our targets being secure at their clubs. If that changes, we'll make our moves.

On deadline day, yes.

Its good money.

Selling him without replacing him would be criminal, though.

Our transfer strategy appears to be totally dependent on either other clubs massively overpaying for one of our players, or selling excellent players to us for peanuts.

Granted it's actually worked so far, but I have serious doubts as to it's sustainability long term....

On deadline day, yes.

Its good money.

Not a chance for 20m. Not when complete knackers like Downing are going for 18m.

Our transfer strategy appears to be totally dependent on either other clubs massively overpaying for one of our players, or selling excellent players to us for peanuts.

Granted it's actually worked so far, but I have serious doubts as to it's sustainability long term....

It's how Spurs do business somewhat. Always seem to sell for extortionate amounts, and buy for practically fuck all.

On deadline day, yes.

Its good money.

Selling him without replacing him would be criminal, though.

I agree it would but you can only deal with a bid if and when it comes in.  If it comes in with a couple of hours left in the window they you have to consider it and look at the risks of selling such a player.

Can he be replaced in January or will we have to play a whole season with this player missing??

Fantasy land I know, but I'd sell Cabaye for £20m then test Everton's resolve with a £25m bid for Fellaini

He does come across at times like he's inviting bids.

We don't actually know what he really says at times, though. Sometimes they write what they want to write.

Listening to press conferences is much difference at times.

He's not the most eloquent English speaker. This is in relation to his comment about our targets being secure at their clubs. If that changes, we'll make our moves.

I think it's like Jurassic Park when they're in the car and the T Rex is wandering around.  Just stay still and they can't see you.  If they move then they suddenly appear to us and we can chase them down and crunch their bones.