NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'm not sure if anyone better than us would play him as much as we would. He'd be perfect for a Newcastle or Everton.

Even Everton have Mirallas and Pienaar but i yeah i don't think a top 4 side will buy him straight from the championship that would be unusual.

Usually championship stars go to mid table PL sides or PL sides playing in EL and star for a few years and then go to CL clubs if the club in question have not gone on to CL level.

Aka the Ashley Young route, i would be surprised if a top 4 club comes in at this stage and honestly i feel the same way about Zaha.

I'm not sure if anyone better than us would play him as much as we would. He'd be perfect for a Newcastle or Everton.

Even Everton have Mirallas and Pienaar but i yeah i don't think a top 4 side will buy him straight from the championship that would be unusual.

Usually championship stars go to mid table PL sides or PL sides playing in EL and star for a few years and then go to CL clubs if the club in question have not gone on to CL level.

Aka the Ashley Young route, i would be surprised if a top 4 club comes in at this stage and honestly i feel the same way about Zaha.

Victor Moses. Although I would say Zaha looks a better prospect.

Victor Moses. Although I would say Zaha looks a better prospect.

Moses went to Wigan first though

Wonder how much he'll cash in on a transfer fee in the near future..

More than what we can afford tbh.....

€14m release fee now allegedly, still expected to be sold he just hasn't been a cunt about it, it would seem.

I've not seen enough of him to pass comment but I suspect if we were in for him we've missed the boat. If we do throw a curveball and go for a centre back it'll Douglas you'd think, doubt we'll bother though.

Yanga-Mbiwa of Montpellier has signed a new contract, no longer on a free next summer. 

Still probably won't get that much for him, Montpellier have been s**** defensively this season and he's struggled for fitness.

As for Remy, he's excellent, but he's made of f***ing glass. Injured again last weekend, and he really has yet to deliver on his massive potential. Still he would be a very good addition if he can stay fit.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3776

Fenerbahçe are preparing winter swoop for Newcastle United striker Demba Ba following speculation that the Senegalese international is growing increasingly disgruntled with his role at the Premiership club.

The Yellow Canaries will be able to enter direct talks with the 27-year-old striker once activating his £7.5 million minimum fee release clause.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has told the press that the release clause is a concern regarding the future of Ba at the club.

Pardew recently told the BBC, "There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable, It's still open in the next window."

Alex Gontran, Ba's agent, went one step further and made it clear that the Senegalese international was unhappy with the way he has been treated and that they will look elsewhere if the situation doesn't change.

Gontran said, "Since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, Demba doesn't understand the management.

"If he continues to be a substitute all season, we'll look at other solutions."

"How could you put your best striker with full confidence on the left wing?

"The choice to put Demba on the left last season was good for the club, because Cisse scored 13 goals.

"But there was a lack of recognition for Demba. It is more difficult to play well when you don't have the confidence of your staff."

Ba is currently on a €3.2 million salary however, after tax his earnings drop to around €1.5 million. Fenerbahçe could potentially double his current wages.

Moussa Sow a close friend and national team compatriot of Ba is reported to be involved in helping broker a move.

The 27 year old Senegalese international joined The Magpies from West Ham on a free transfer last season. Ba went onto score 16 goals in 34 games and has already scored seven goals in 11 Premiership games this season.

Nowt new but I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3776

Fenerbahçe are preparing winter swoop for Newcastle United striker Demba Ba following speculation that the Senegalese international is growing increasingly disgruntled with his role at the Premiership club.

The Yellow Canaries will be able to enter direct talks with the 27-year-old striker once activating his £7.5 million minimum fee release clause.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has told the press that the release clause is a concern regarding the future of Ba at the club.

Pardew recently told the BBC, "There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable, It's still open in the next window."

Alex Gontran, Ba's agent, went one step further and made it clear that the Senegalese international was unhappy with the way he has been treated and that they will look elsewhere if the situation doesn't change.

Gontran said, "Since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, Demba doesn't understand the management.

"If he continues to be a substitute all season, we'll look at other solutions."

"How could you put your best striker with full confidence on the left wing?

"The choice to put Demba on the left last season was good for the club, because Cisse scored 13 goals.

"But there was a lack of recognition for Demba. It is more difficult to play well when you don't have the confidence of your staff."

Ba is currently on a €3.2 million salary however, after tax his earnings drop to around €1.5 million. Fenerbahçe could potentially double his current wages.

Moussa Sow a close friend and national team compatriot of Ba is reported to be involved in helping broker a move.

The 27 year old Senegalese international joined The Magpies from West Ham on a free transfer last season. Ba went onto score 16 goals in 34 games and has already scored seven goals in 11 Premiership games this season.

Nowt new but I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

nowt new ? "if he continues to be a substitute all season"

NEWCASTLE United are waiting until their Europa League fate is settled before drawing up in-depth plans for the January transfer window.

Despite reports this week linking the club with a renewed approach for long-term target Mathieu Debuchy, The Journal understands that the club’s key powerbrokers will not assemble a detailed transfer blueprint until they know whether they will be playing European football in the New Year.

And that means another chance for United’s crop of young guns to earn a place in the squad which starts the second half of the campaign, with Alan Pardew planning to field a young and inexperienced side in Bordeaux if Newcastle manage to see off Maritimo next week.

The jury is out on the likes of Dan Gosling, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid, but all four are expected to get opportunities over the next two European games as Pardew considers whether to loan them out or make them available in January to make space for new arrivals.

As for blue-chip signings, Newcastle are yet to whittle down a long list of about 50 priority targets, and have not yet set a budget for incoming transfer business. No offers have been tabled – even for players who have only six months left on their current contracts.

The Journal understands that Mike Ashley is prepared to fund New Year purchases if a business case can be made, with Newcastle also working on a worst-case scenario should a ‘crown jewel’ like Yohan Cabaye, Cheick Tioté or Demba Ba be prised away. But specific targets have not yet been identified, with Pardew set to get more time to assess where additions need to be made.

United are famous for their painstaking preparation for each transfer window, and among the many players of interest are Debuchy, France international midfielder Moussa Sissoko and Marseille striker Loic Remy.

Cabaye’s close friend Debuchy is being considered but there remain reservations over his age, with 27 at the very edge of Newcastle’s usual criteria for new arrivals.

Scouts were again out in force over the international week, with Pardew himself running the rule over Holland’s prestige friendly with Germany and United represented at the games between Ivory Coast and Austria and the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

As United’s transfer plans remain in limbo, the club hope to get a boost on the field against Swansea this afternoon.

Pardew is desperate for the win that would answer some of the criticism that has come the team’s way since their defeat against West Ham last weekend. Much is being pinned on the return of Cheick Tiote from suspension, with Pardew telling the Ivory Coast international that his “season starts here”.

“Cheick’s season starts this weekend, until January 4 when he goes away or whenever it is. He is a massive player for us,” Pardew said.

“His best form will come from more games. It’s just about giving him games, getting him back to his best. He loves to train but he really loves to play, so we might play him in three of the four games coming up.

“He has to free himself up. The sending-off in the derby is going to affect him. My chat will be to say ‘Come on Cheick, let’s get you back to your best’.

“He will pick up bookings, that’s what he does, but we need him to control the silly tackles. Slightly mistimed tackles are what we can handle.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/11/17/europe-is-key-to-transfer-planning-for-alan-pardew-61634-32250317/#ixzz2CTWSCB8p

MOUSSA SISSOKO has admitted that he is ‘flattered’ by interest from Newcastle United and said it would be a ‘dream could true’ to play in England.

The France international has been widely linked with a move from Ligue 1 side Toulouse to St James’s Park in January.

Sissoko, a box-to-box midfielder in the Patrick Vieira mould, is versatile and can play in a more holding or advanced role.

He has made 183 appearances for Toulouse since 2007, scoring 20 goals.

Sissoko declared that he would relish the chance to test himself against the best in the Premier League.

He said: “To play in the Premier League would be a dream come true. It is a fantastic league and I enjoy watching it.

“Newcastle are a fantastic team and would be attractive to any player. I am no different. Newcastle are a fantastic team and would be attractive to any player."

Sissoko would be a welcome addition for Alan Pardew, who is looking to provide more steel to his midfield, seeing as Cheick Tiote will be taking part in the Africa Cup of Nations for the Ivory Coast in just weeks.

Toulouse have valued Sissoko at £10million, so Pardew will have to spend big to secure his services.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/359194

From the other day:

"I have not yet decided what to do, I'm in a phase of reflection," the midfielder told calciomercato.com.

"Juventus, Newcastle and Anzhi interested in me? I know nothing about it. Of course all these rumours please me, but that is the business of my agent, my uncle Bakary Sanogo.

"I have no preference about the type of league, the important thing for me is to play at a high level.

"Italy and England are historically among the major championships, but I want to clarify that I would not have any problem even to go to play in Russia."

Agent-driven nonsense IMO. And we 'can't afford' him anyway.