NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

How is that type of pass from Anita any better? That's the type of pass that Nicky Butt used to love, and they are embarrassingly easy to deal with, that's if they don't go straight out for a goal kick. It's still a very direct game, no matter which words you want to use to dress it up.

How is that type of pass from Anita any better? That's the type of pass that Nicky Butt used to love, and they are embarrassingly easy to deal with, that's if they don't go straight out for a goal kick. It's still a very direct game, no matter which words you want to use to dress it up.

Playing a ball over the top of the defence from midfield is now deemed to be bad football?  What utter tosh.  I agree that the margin for error for a ball played over the top that has no angle on it is small but to dismiss it is ridiculous.

Playing a ball over the top of the defence from midfield is now deemed to be bad football?  What utter tosh.  I agree that the margin for error for a ball played over the top that has no angle on it is small but to dismiss it is ridiculous.

It's probably the fact we play it even when there isn't a viable or realistic run on.

We do tend to sometimes play this ball more out of hope than having any real option over the top.

It's more of a bail out than anything, as it's usually due to a lack of options, due to poor movement and availability of players to receive the ball short.

It's not as bad as it was a bit earlier on this season, but there is still room for much improvement.

Gomis staying at lyon after meeting club directors according to french journo.

Surprising, as it seems it was the directors pushing for a sale, as they need the money.

Have they managed to shift anyone else?

Going direct at times would be perfectly logical if we actually had the players and/or setup to do so. Long - sorry lofted - balls up to an isolated striker's chest/head are just pointless yet we continue to it over and over again with Pardew often heard bellowing 'GET IT FORWARD!' from the touchline. It's even dafter now we're no longer have Ba's physicality.

Going direct at times would be perfectly logical if we actually had the players and/or setup to do so. Long - sorry lofted - balls up to an isolated striker's chest/head are just pointless yet we continue to it over and over again with Pardew often heard bellowing 'GET IT FORWARD!' from the touchline. It's even dafter now we're no longer have Ba's physicality.

Pardew is such a throwback nature has forgotten to throw-him-back.

Anyway, it'd be nice if we signed a striker. Where are we with that?

Trying to work out whether we need a target man or a wide forward. Which is how we ended up talking about hoofball and managers again.

Would anyone take Gomis?

i would prefer another type coz i want us to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. same same. point is he cant play next to cisse imo. If he comes in as back up for cisse and we get a LW/attacker with pace and goalscoring record then fine.

have not seem him for some time though.

think we really need to consider if we should be signing the types of player we all want or the types of player that pardew can work with

i have a suspicion that signing the former will be our death note

if we do as you suggest we will not develop and key players will leave in the summer! 100% sure of that!

we're not developing anyway, i think we'll lose more key players when we're relegated after trying to get technically proficient dwarves to play like the wimbledon FA cup winning team

know what you're saying but the football was awful, awful at times last season and players were happy 'cause they were winning

well maybe the first step in the right direction would be to let pardew go :)

oh well yeah but that's looking like the least likely of all the options at the moment isn't it, i was approaching it from the assumption that they'll never sack him, which i really believe

I think they will like, but it'll take ages for the penny to drop and they'll have to find someone else willing to pander to them in the press, which might take a while.

I agree with that.  My point was that Anita's balls were, in the main, attempts to play the ball over the top of the defence for Cisse to run onto and not long balls up to Cisse's head.

We seem to be confining our targets to pretty much only France in this window no? Hope our net is going out a bit further too.

Fatty is sat in some posh hotel in Paris like Jabba dealing wiv it.

Guest icemanblue

16th of January today. What date is the cutoff for when you're officially panic-buying, and probably paying over the odds?

January 1st. Any buys in January are panic buys based on a number of factors, namely that you didn't get your business done in the summer.

16th of January today. What date is the cutoff for when you're officially panic-buying, and probably paying over the odds?

Because we don't do that, obviously.

1st of January was our cut off for signing anyone apart from Right Back, we will no doubt be short in the areas we need it most come 1st Feb. It worries me that we don't appear to have a first choice CB on radar

We seem to be confining our targets to pretty much only France in this window no? Hope our net is going out a bit further too.

Fatty is sat in some posh hotel in Paris like Jabba dealing wiv it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0-RVaKDS55M/TTlxnGvcUJI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/GCP3nPFoXVI/s1600/fat-guy-with-hamster.png