NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

You don't ask for much. I absolutely hate the look of that midfield.

Well I know you do, as there's no tackling thunderbastard in it. But most everyone else would love it.

Aye, that's why I've been advocating dropping Tiote all season while the likes of you were saying he'd be great if he'd just 'keep it simple'. I've no interest in a pure tackler. And I'd imagine about 3 or 4 people would 'love' such a midfield. The rest see it for what it is.

As I said, it lacks everything. Creativity, dribbling, physicality, goals, ability to keep the ball in tight situations and turn it into positive possession. Marveaux, who's far from perfect absolutely strolls into that 3.

As I said, it lacks everything. Creativity, dribbling, physicality, goals, ability to keep the ball in tight situations and turn it into positive possession. Marveaux, who's far from perfect absolutely strolls into that 3.

It depends by what standard you are juding that midfield.  By most reasonable standards, it has most of the qualities you claim it is lacking.

I think Marv is one of our better players, but I don't think he's a central midfielder. He's more of a number 10 in my opinion.

I'd take a:

------------------Sissoko-------------------

-----Anita------------------------Cabaye--

Anyday.

Sissoko provides dribbling and physicality surely? Creative wise Cabaye is more than good enough when closer to goal and not picking the ball from CBs and Anita has the ability to keep the ball in tight situations and turn into positive possession.

But i would prefer Marveaux infront of Cabaye and Sissoko how ever, but as i said before we can't rely on Marveaux which is why either Ben Arfa is given the same role on a consistent basis and a winger is bought and see where it takes us or we buy a new #10.

Cabaye and Sissoko are fine but we need something in front of them who can play the final pass, neither Marveaux or Ben Arfa have been trusted enough consistently behind Cisse though sadly.

Wouldn't mind Anita having a bash at a regular role in the middle.

Aye, I think a lot of people have unfairly written him off.

Pardew included too probably.

Not according to his quotes, which we're supposed to take as gospel around here.

Even the lies?

Because it's lacks everything, basically.

I like Marveaux a lot and would find it very difficult to leave him out of any midfield I picked.  Also it can be argued the midfield people are suggesting with doesn't have the right combination of abilities you'd want in a midfield 3 (though its also arguable that if setup correctly they have all shown most of the abilities required in the past)  But "it lacks everything"?, not even close :nope:

I like Marveaux a lot and would find it very difficult to leave him out of any midfield I picked.  Also it can be argued the midfield people are suggesting with doesn't have the right combination of abilities you'd want in a midfield 3 (though its also arguable that if setup correctly they have all shown most of the abilities required in the past)  But "it lacks everything"?, not even close :nope:

It's really silly tbf.

Guest bimpy474

All these different combinations are liked, disliked for whatever reason. Funny thing though, all of them require the ball to be passed through them for any of them to be successful.

If Pardew is going to bring in an Andy Carroll type, not much point in playing three in there anyway, the ball will be sailing over their heads anyhoo. Might as well go 4-4-2..ooof.

All these different combinations are liked, disliked for whatever reason. Funny thing though, all of them require the ball to be passed through them for any of them to be successful.

If Pardew is going to bring in an Andy Carroll type, not much point in playing three in there anyway, the ball will be sailing over their heads anyhoo. Might as well go 4-4-2..ooof.

So depressing, and true.

It's really silly tbf.

Yeah but I do try to be nice.

To be honest with or without an Andy Carroll type with Pardew in charge any decent midfield will be ruined, played too deep and bypassed.

Guest bimpy474

To be honest with or without an Andy Carroll type with Pardew in charge any decent midfield will be ruined, played too deep and bypassed.

Yep, so true. I actually think he might try to play through the middle more next season. Dunno why really, hope above reality i suppose. Flying in the face of all i see before me like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I live in hope that a fresh start and less pressure will see him loosen the reigns a bit, especially in the second half of games, but I'm not expecting much.

How you've put it is basically just how i feel, hope rather than expectation  O0

God that'd be depressing...

Cisse

Gouffran

Marveaux                              Ben Arfa

Cabaye    Sissoko

So that's 6 players whose best formation is definitely not a 4-4-2. Obertan and Shola are more suited for a 4-4-2 than any of those players.

We've been linked with Ivory Coast Striker Niyi Bodé

Any good?

Sorry, thought it was a fairly obvious gag!

Niyi Bodé aka Nee Body aka Nobody

I'll get my coat ...