NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

If Pardew is going to bring in an Andy Carroll type, not much point in playing three in there anyway, the ball will be sailing over their heads anyhoo. Might as well go 4-4-2..ooof.

God that'd be depressing...

Cisse

Gouffran

Marveaux                              Ben Arfa

Cabaye    Sissoko

So that's 6 players whose best formation is definitely not a 4-4-2. Obertan and Shola are more suited for a 4-4-2 than any of those players.

Was like that all of last season though, players misused in the wrong formations. That's part of Pardew's problem, not knowing which way to play with the players at his disposal.

Depressing really sums it up.

I really think we are crying out for a "busy" nº10 who is willing to work in midfield as well as running up front.

We would look much better with a 4-4-1-1 formation:

-----------------------Krul------------------------

Debuchy----Taylor----Colo----------Mapou

Cabaye    Sissoko

Hatem                                  Gouffran

"Bellamy type"

CIsse

Cabaye and Sissoko should both be capable of Box-to-box roles and know when to stay and when to go.... Busy nº10 who can hassle press and more importantly is decent at putting a few away...

Guest bimpy474

I really think we are crying out for a "busy" nº10 who is willing to work in midfield as well as running up front.

We would look much better with a 4-4-1-1 formation:

-----------------------Krul------------------------

Debuchy----Taylor----Colo----------Mapou

Cabaye    Sissoko

Hatem                                  Gouffran

"Bellamy type"

CIsse

Cabaye and Sissoko should both be capable of Box-to-box roles and know when to stay and when to go.... Busy nº10 who can hassle press and more importantly is decent at putting a few away...

Looks fine but Gouff and Hatem are too deep and would defend far too much for me. They aren't wingers or L/R midfielders as Pardew seems to use them.

I don't mind a target man at all but sad thing is we will try and fit said target and Cisse at the risk of unbalancing the team.

If it was up to me i would rotate them, get a Remy/Aubameyang type, a winger, move Sissoko back and give Ben Arfa a free role.

Can't see that happening sadly.

There's nothing wrong with our wingers defending, it didn't really affect us last year when we were doing well.

A big factor in us getting more goals next year will be letting Cabaye get into the right positions, he's very creative when in and around the final third (has a good relationship with Cisse in particular) and is good at shooting around the edge of the box, we'll see a big difference if we let him be more involved in attacks consistently.

The only player who plays wide that I can think of that isn't asked to defend these days is C.Ronaldo.

Look at Franjen Robbery for Bayern in the SFs they're supremely talented players but they grafted their hoops off.

Because it's lacks everything, basically.

I like Marveaux a lot and would find it very difficult to leave him out of any midfield I picked.  Also it can be argued the midfield people are suggesting with doesn't have the right combination of abilities you'd want in a midfield 3 (though its also arguable that if setup correctly they have all shown most of the abilities required in the past)  But "it lacks everything"?, not even close :nope:

It's really silly tbf.

It's just based on reality. Most of your posts are based on pipe dreams, so I'll let you off taking into consideration the force of habit.

The only player who plays wide that I can think of that isn't asked to defend these days is C.Ronaldo.

Look at Franjen Robbery for Bayern in the SFs they're supremely talented players but they grafted their hoops off.

And CR doesn't really play wide at all either, probably why Jose preferred Coentrao over Marcelo as there really is no left winger in that team.

Ronaldo, just curious, so you prefer a new defensive midfielder to replace Tiote and play alongside with Cabaye and Marveaux?

No place for Sissoko?

No, I'd play Sissoko, Cabaye and Marveaux right now but ideally we'd buy someone capable of getting goals who is also able to receive the ball from the defence, keep it, give it and move. He'd replace Marveaux most of the time.

Think the club will struggle to sign anyone decent with players refusing to play for Pardew and his shit football.

Saying that we could do with a squad trim anyway, with no European football we've got a lot of places taken up with shite. Obertan, gosling, Williamson, Shola & Jonas all need to go and only Shola needs replacing.

I'd like to see something this given a go in pre season and see how it goes.

Cabaye Sissoko

*NEW IF Ben Arfa NEW Winger

Cisse/New CF

*Or Gouffran

Obviously if Ben Arfa isn't fit at any stage then Marveaux plays, doesn't require a great deal of signings then either.

2 strikers: one competes with Cisse and the other operates out wide being our new Bellamy hopefully.

1 winger: Sends Jonas and Obertan where they bloody belong.

Cabaye and Sissoko playing in their natural positions.

Based on what i read in the press, talk of Sissoko being moved deeper next season, Ben Arfa being given a free role and talk of wingers and strikers you would hope this is what Pardew has in mind.

Likely hood is 4-4-2 with Jonas starting every bloody game though.

Guest palnese

A drilled midfield three with Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye would be on the best in the league, imo.

:pardsgrin: :yao:

Saying that we could do with a squad trim anyway, with no European football we've got a lot of places taken up with s****. Obertan, gosling, Williamson, Shola & Jonas all need to go and only Shola needs replacing.

EH?! Our squad is far too small as it is! We've still not replace Best or Lovenkrands, never mind Ba.

Saying that we could do with a squad trim anyway, with no European football we've got a lot of places taken up with s****. Obertan, gosling, Williamson, Shola & Jonas all need to go and only Shola needs replacing.

EH?! Our squad is far too small as it is! We've still not replace Best or Lovenkrands, never mind Ba.

We'd REALLY miss the players listed. I've no idea how we'd function, probably go straight down with 0pts, it would be a tragedy.  :'(

Ronaldo, just curious, so you prefer a new defensive midfielder to replace Tiote and play alongside with Cabaye and Marveaux?

No place for Sissoko?

No, I'd play Sissoko, Cabaye and Marveaux right now but ideally we'd buy someone capable of getting goals who is also able to receive the ball from the defence, keep it, give it and move. He'd replace Marveaux most of the time.

goals aside your problem with anita is his size right?  he ticks all the other boxes

still see no reason he couldn't do it if we were a pass and move team really

We'd REALLY miss the players listed. I've no idea how we'd function, probably go straight down with 0pts, it would be a tragedy.  :'(

We would if nobody replaced them. As I said, our squad is too small as it is. The problem is those players are of poor quality and they need replaced with younger, hungry, better players, not just get rid and not replace. I can't decide whether you're being serious or not.