NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

There are things Gosling is good at, tbf. He's capable of passing the ball slickly if he keeps it nice and simple, and he does have quite a good engine to get from box to box.

He's only just turned 22 and he's had an injury that kept him out for a long time. There's plenty of time for him.

Guthrie had played about 4.7 billion games for us more than Gosling had before anyone thought he could be a good squad player.

That figure might be slightly exaggerated but the point remains the same, Gosling had 6? Starts?

Completely agree he will never be a first choice player here but there's no reason he can't be a useful squad player.

Assuming it's Guthrie or Simpson, fortunately losing either wouldn't be a mistake.

Losing Guthrie would be a mistake. Simpson leaving would be a blessing.

Disagree slightly, Guthrie is a decent player but if he were to leave it wouldnt effect us too much we could easily replace him with better tbh.

Yes, I'd like to have him (providing we sign another CM), but he's not essential and wouldn't be disappointed if we lost him.

Guest Brazilianbob

Who gives a flying f***k who it might be?  No one knows so speculation is just an utter waste of cyber space.

I liked the look of him at Everton and have seen glimpses of that for us too.

Out of interest, what is it about him that you like?

He wants to score goals from midfield, for a start.

I would like to do that too.

He's capable of doing it, though.

He's capable of doing it, though.

The jury is still out on that one.

About Gosling, I've seen nothing of him as yet that indicates that he's going to be a key first teamer for us. I do understand that he is still really trying to get back to full fitness (and without games, you can't really do that) but at this current point in time, he's certainly not going to get in the team ahead of Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie.

I'd like him to stay though, we do need a squad and I can see him being a decent squad player in the future - like some people have said, he's still young and has time on his side.

I don't think it's Simpson, I don't think he has the stones to let something like that get out. Guthrie probably, possibly Gosling.

I agree with Ronaldo though, I'd like to see Gosling stay. Guthrie, though he's done well and I always rated him and knew he as capable of the performances he has given this season, is now not really good enough for where we want to be going. He doesn't offer much different from Cabaye who is much better.

In Gosling we have something we don't have anywhere else. I would rather play him than Guthrie when it comes to it, but he isn't up to speed at all. Not in the slightest. I kind of feel we've let him down and shot ourselves in the foot a little in that respect.

Won't be Guthrie. Douglas covered that one in the Sunday Sun a few weeks back.

Don't see either how it benefits the player publicly declaring his unhappiness in the local media. Surely it would be better kept in-house?

Won't be Guthrie. Douglas covered that one in the Sunday Sun a few weeks back.

Don't see either how it benefits the player publicly declaring his unhappiness in the local media. Surely it would be better kept in-house?

It's the agent who's making noises really. Think it's a way to try and get the board to up their contract offer and all that (well that sounds familiar......).