NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I would typically expect Whelan to be a jerk when it comes t dealing with us, but considering we just sold Perch to them, we might be in with a chance.

I actually wonder if Perch was used to make up part of the payment.

Guest Roger Kint

I would typically expect Whelan to be a jerk when it comes t dealing with us, but considering we just sold Perch to them, we might be in with a chance.

Its a fixed release clause, Whelan couldnt do anything at all :lol:

If that was the case, Perch wouldn't have gone unless we'd actually paid for and signed Kone?

If that was the case, Perch wouldn't have gone unless we'd actually paid for and signed Kone?

So what you're saying is... WE'VE SIGNED KONE!!

Oh right, of course, D'oh  :lol:

Maybe their waiting till tomorrow so they can announce the signing of Kone along with Aubangyermam.

What happened to us signing players with resale value? He'll be 30 in November.

Yeah but he costs 5 pence and his salary will likely be a pittance in comparison to others.

What happened to us signing players with resale value? He'll be 30 in November.

At £5m he could still have resale value relatively speaking, nothing to say you can't get a few million for a player over 30 as long as he's still in contract.

I can't possibly stress how much I'd prefer Kone to Bent BTW!!!  Both similar age, both similar fee (assuming Villa aren't really insane enough to expect anything like £8m).  But Kone offers so much more and would fit what we need so much better than Bent.

I suppose its still most likely he'll go to Everton though with Martinez there.

Also he's quite a strict muslim, so I wonder if the Wonga thing will have an effect.

I suppose its still most likely he'll go to Everton though with Martinez there.

Also he's quite a strict muslim, so I wonder if the Wonga thing will have an effect.

as opposed to an alcohol company?