NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

S. Sinclair & Remy would be great work.

Agreed. A real injection of pace and skill. Presuming Cabaye will be sold. I'd be tempted to line up:

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor Colo santon

Jonas/Tiote

Marveaux.        Sissoko

HBA.                              Sinclair/Goufran

Remy

Our fastest ever team ! Speed tastic !!!

Taylor over Mapao, fek off.

Been explained plenty of times why Mapou-Colo wouldn't work right now.

Guest Lalasialex

I'm not convinced it wouldn't work tbh.... case of wait and see but i do understand why people would be concerned that it wouldn't work.

Agree, could work - it all depends on how we play as a team... If we lay deep and open up for bullying, blocks and saves on the line it won't work... If we try to play, does stand up a bit and need players who can handle the ball, pace and position it might just do it..

Taylor panics with the ball (and without), blocks with his hands, you got passion - but haven't improved positionvise or with the ball the last 5-6 yrs...

I'm not convinced it wouldn't work tbh.... case of wait and see but i do understand why people would be concerned that it wouldn't work.

Players like Carroll, Crouch, Benteke  etc etc would have a field day against us with Mbwiba Colo partnership. Taylor and Colo would work a lot better as a pair than Mbwiba and Colo. Really don't understand why Taylor gets so much stick on here. He's a really good player. Just because a player has a foreign name doesn't make him good. Mbwiba still has it all to prove in the premiership.

Players like Carroll, Crouch, Benteke  etc etc would have a field day against us with Mbwiba Colo partnership. Taylor and Colo would work a lot better as a pair than Mbwiba and Colo. Really don't understand why Taylor gets so much stick on here. He's a really good player. Just because a player has a foreign name doesn't make him good. Mbwiba still has it all to prove in the premiership.

Carroll would probably have a field day anyway :lol:

I wouldn't be concerning myself with that though, those players are only effective if they get service stop the service and you can play Williamson and Streete at CB and it won't matter a lick.

Anyway lets wait and see, we don't know if the partnership would fail its all assumptions based on style.

It wouldn't be the first time two technical CBs have worked.

Joe?

Toptoon's not the brightest poster on the wall but he's right about Taylor and Colo being our best partnership and certain strikers having a field day against Colo and MYM.

Doesn't that remain to be seen? They've never/hardly played.

MYM is young and new to the league, and yes his style is similar to Colo. But it's not like Taylor physically dominates all his opponents. I can see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't conclude that Colo/Mapou couldn't work yet.

Toptoon's not the brightest poster on the wall but he's right about Taylor and Colo being our best partnership and certain strikers having a field day against Colo and MYM.

MYM is young and new to the league, and yes his style is similar to Colo. But it's not like Taylor physically dominates all his opponents. I can see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't conclude that Colo/Mapou couldn't work yet.

Basically how i feel.

:lol: Backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one.

Basically how i feel.

And the fact the PL now has a shortage of physical hardmen strikers. Game has completely changed from say 10/15 year ago. I think Colo/MYM could would perfectly well.

What about all those balls through/over our back four? Only Mapou is really pacey. It's not just about defending against good headers of the ball. And Mbiwa is twice as composed compared to Taylor who often goes down to the ground when he tackles. Yes i know that Mbiwa wasnt brilliant but he also hasn't played much in this league or with his new team mates, and most above all, we've been a mess of a team and he hasn't got games with the calming influence that Coloccini is.

I think Mbiwa will be much much better this year (if he gets to play with Colo that is)

What about all those balls through/over our back four? Only Mapou is really pacey. It's not just about defending against good headers of the ball. And Mbiwa is twice as composed compared to Taylor who often goes down to the ground when he tackles. Yes i know that Mbiwa wasnt brilliant but he also hasn't played much in this league or with his new team mates, and most above all, we've been a mess of a team and he hasn't got games with the calming influence that Coloccini is.

I think Mbiwa will be much much better this year (if he gets to play with Colo that is)

Amazing how that has been forgotten about tbh :lol:

It was a massive complaint from the majority before we signed Mapou that it was so easy to get in behind the back 4 with Taylor/Williamson and Colo with Mbiwa and Debuchy to some extent we have better recovery pace and positional sense.

I understand where people are coming from but i do feel it could work well none the less.

Based on your own conjecture. It's not like Taylor is some sort of Vidic type that dominates big burly centre forwards either. Benteke had a field day against him at Villa Park.

Based on your own conjecture. It's not like Taylor is some sort of Vidic type that dominates big burly centre forwards either. Benteke had a field day against him at Villa Park.

Wasn't that Taylor's first game back from injury? :lol:

And the fact the PL now has a shortage of physical hardmen strikers. Game has completely changed from say 10/15 year ago. I think Colo/MYM could would perfectly well.

The strikers of today are far better athletes; stronger and quicker. It's not about who likes elbowing defenders.

Playing MYM in CB rather than Tayls adds recovery speed which allows them to push further up. Taylor and Colo will always stay deeper making a passing game harder.

Having said that agree that MYM and Colo isn't yet the partnership that's proven to be as strong as the other, so fair enough on that count, it's just a choice between trying to get a different partnership going for the benefit of a passing game (lol as if anyway) or sticking with what's solid. It's a delicate balance and in the long run the former is better but do think it'll be tough to leave out Taylor. 3 at teh back would be the adventurous option.

Playing MYM in CB rather than Tayls adds recovery speed which allows them to push further up. Taylor and Colo will always stay deeper making a passing game harder.

Having said that agree that MYM and Colo isn't yet the partnership that's proven to be as strong as the other, so fair enough on that count, it's just a choice between trying to get a different partnership going for the benefit of a passing game (lol as if anyway) or sticking with what's solid. It's a delicate balance and in the long run the former is better but do think it'll be tough to leave out Taylor. 3 at teh back would be the adventurous option.

Probably because they only played once together :lol: and they were class that night tbf.

Wasn't that Taylor's first game back from injury? :lol:

So? Can you name me any other physically imposing strikers that you can remember Taylor dominating?