NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

He still seems very confused as to the part he plays in our transfer system. I certainly am.

It is totally confusing how we haven't made an offer at this point in transfer window as we knew a Striker was required last season.

Longer we wait the cheaper Bent/Remy might get. That's all we're truly after save for any opportunistic bargains.

Probably had a look at the promoted 3 and current teams and with less games assessed we'll be fine to sit in midtable this coming season. Job done.

What would 'backing' Pardew mean, letting him have more say in signings? Or just spending more? And if we do let him have more say, would that be good for the team/club?

I worry that if Pardew signs anyone they won't be very good and probably outlast him at the club.

It's difficult to assess whether he needs to have more say in signings given that we don't really know what level of say he has. Spending more wouldn't hurt as we have so far spent nothing this summer.

I think we're waiting for the market to develop a bit which kind of makes sense considering some clubs will be more desperate to sell. Likewise as other clubs fill gaps in their squad they're no longer looking at targets we could then make a move for. Reeks a bit of bargain bin and the players who do come in have less time to integrate into the squad but there is still time. On paper our first XI isn't horrendous by any stretch which gives us a tiny bit of leeway. Shame we're ridiculously short in a couple of positions (striker) which undermines the whole squad.

So short version, Shola to lead us to a league and cup double.

I know this is controversial but in my view Pardew is rubbish AND Ashley doesn't back him properly.

I think if we use these two factors as well as adding in other - obvious variables -  then we get closer to the true situation :thup:

A bleak, miserable picture.

Why don't I see you going round making sarcastic posts in response to people saying Ashley isn't good enough then? You're always there when it's Pardew.

Newcastle are keeping tabs on Olympiakos ace Rafik Djebbour as Alan Pardew looks to bring in two new strikers this summer.

The 29-year-old caught the eye of Toon scouts last season as he bagged an impressive 20 goals in 24 games to finish as the leading goalscorer in Greece.

Pardew could now be lining up a bid for the Algerian international, who is available for just £2.25million according to reports, while Marseille are also thought to be interested.

Djebbour is under contract with Olympiakos until 2016 after recently penning a new deal, but the Greek side could still struggle to keep hold of him if Newcastle make a bid.

Pardew also continues to be linked with a move for Aston Villa's want-away striker Darren Bent and a double swoop could be on the cards in the very near future.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/newcastle-united/pards-turns-to-greece-in-hunt-for-striker-1607650.html#.UeZDjY19T0E

Having a quick search of YouTube it would seem his nickname is 'The Terrorist'

What would backing him properly entail?  If you mean allowing Carr ect to bring in more quality players for him, I agree.  But if we're talking about allowing Pardew to spend the clubs money on his backward vision for the club then I don't.

Giving him a full squad of men who can play football at the level required to compete in the Premier League would be a start. Whether they're men of his choosing or otherwise.

He blatantly has that. He had it last year too.

Giving him a full squad of men who can play football at the Premier League level would be a start. Whether they're men of his choosing or otherwise.

Oh yeah, it was only Pardews tactical genius that kept this rag tag bunch of Championship Footballers in the league last season after all..

Giving him a full squad of men who can play football at the Premier League level would be a start. Whether they're men of his choosing or otherwise.

Oh yeah, it was only Pardews tactical genius that kept this rag tag bunch of Championship Footballers in the league last season after all..

:lol: :lol: People on here man.

Giving him a full squad of men who can play football at the level required to compete in the Premier League would be a start. Whether they're men of his choosing or otherwise.

He's got about 15 of them, and with that he should still do far better than he did last year. But the strength in depth is shit and needs to be improved, and if it was, that would constitute our shitty manager being "backed properly".

And yes, we'd still be shit.

:lol: :lol: People on here man.

Well if you mean we're short in some areas then yeah obviously.  Just the way you put it read to me like we've got a squad full of shit not capable of playing in this division.

He's got about 15 of them, and with that he should still do far better than he did last year. But the strength in depth is shit and needs to be improved, and if it was, that would constitute our shitty manager being "backed properly".

I'd say he's got 18, but I still agree with everything else you said.

He's got about 15 of them, and with that he should still do far better than he did last year. But the strength in depth is s*** and needs to be improved, and if it was, that would constitute our shitty manager being "backed properly".

And yes, we'd still be s***.

:thup: Just because he's shit doesn't mean areas that need addressing shouldn't be addressed.

15 is more than most teams have and I'd say our backup is also better than whatever backup those teams have too. Can't begin to imagine how much shite will be on the benches of the promoted teams for example.

I quite like the squad we have, the manager failed them last year though. We are desperate for at least another striker but it wont define our season more than the manager.

Oddly enough, I think this whole Kinnear fiasco could pull the players and management together. Dont mistake that for rating Pardew as a coach.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I know this is controversial but in my view Pardew is rubbish AND Ashley doesn't back him properly.

I think if we use these two factors as well as adding in other - obvious variables -  then we get closer to the true situation :thup:

Why don't I see you going round making sarcastic posts in response to people saying Ashley isn't good enough then? You're always there when it's Pardew.

Because people are happy to blame him for everything and laugh off genuine excuses often missing the bigger picture.

Because people are happy to blame him for everything and laugh off genuine excuses often missing the bigger picture.

How do you know they're missing the bigger picture?

Pardew is shit.

Can you tell from that sentence that I also think Ashley's shit?

Feels obvious to me that there is no cash been given yet for transfers. It's quite clear that when Ashley is willing to spend money then we go out and get who we want quite efficiently. (january signings) So far we appear to be faffing around waiting for someone to be sold before buying anyone ourselves.

Feels obvious to me that there is no cash been given yet for transfers. It's quite clear that when Ashley is willing to spend money then we go out and get who we want quite efficiently. (january signings) So far we appear to be faffing around waiting for someone to be sold before buying anyone ourselves.

Agree with this for the most part. Think we're bargain hunting this summer unless we cash in on Cisse, Cabaye, etc.

Agree with this for the most part. Think we're bargain hunting this summer unless we cash in on Cisse, Cabaye, etc.

Its ridiculous and an absolute joke a club of our stature is rummaging in bargain bins and not utilising the extra TV revenue...FFS southampton and swansea have just spent 12.5 and 13m on a player. We should not only be able to compete but outmuscle these teams in the transfer market

I have just lost all interest in this football club recently and im just full of apathy.. we all know its going to be a shit season knocked out of both cups early and a few spankings along the way. and the same old shite excuses will be rolled out

This is just an assumption based on nothing though right?

This is just an assumption based on nothing though right?

Ofcourse :lol:

Guest chopey

When a club is still trying to arrange pre season frendlies on the 17th of july I dont think we have that much of a clue about transfers until its panic time