NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Really expecting at the end of another shit season Pardew will spout 'Our problem was we didn't get any signings in till late and they didn't have time to gel'.

that's assuming we get any at all and he'd have a point

Now Mike Ashley's Newcastle squeezing Crewe for bigger compensation over former Toon reserve Brad Inman

30 Jul 2013 14:15

Billionaire's Premier League giants reportedly want more cash before 'free agent' midfielder can work for League One minnows

Newcastle have reportedly now rejected TWO offers of compensation from Crewe Alexandra as the League One club seek to sign former Toon 'free agent' Brad Inman.

Midfielder Inman - an Australia-born, Scotland Under-21 star - is training with Crewe after rejecting a new deal at St James' Park, according to an agency report.

But Newcastle are still technically entitled to some sort of compo from any club he eventually signs with, having brought the 21-year-old up through the club's academy.

Inman came to England and joined up with Newcastle when he was 14. He spent a successful half-season with Steve Davis's Crewe last campaign and is no longer under contract at St James'.

The nearest he got to first-team action during his Newcastle career was twice being an unused substitute in 2009, and one of those was the Carling Cup.

But he is unable to sign for Crewe until the clubs agree a package.

Manager Davis said: "We are not that close yet, we still have a bit to do. It's ongoing."

It reads like another PR wobble for Newcastle, following the revelation that 20,000 employees of Toon owner Mike Ashley's Sports Direct company are on the infamous 'zero-hours' work contracts.

At the very least, with Newcastle's shirt sponsors Wonga making profit from the cash-strapped, the Ashley era does seem to find the old club shedding its image of hapless flat-cap romanticism, for something more in the moustache-twirling villain line...

I thought he was staying?

Guest bimpy474

Hang on, that's what most clubs do if it's a player they've trained and think they should get a fee for, the slant on that story is terrible.

To completely change the subject, what exactly is the deal with players officially in writing asking for a transfer? In the good old days it was a regular occurrence, now it virtually never happens even when players are actively looking to change clubs (Suarez). Do they lose some kind of loyalty bonus (rumoured) or a percentage of the transfer fee? Does it depend on the players individual contract or is it the same rule for all?

The fact that players virtually never do it must mean that there are financial penalties.

I think it depends on the contract but most of them should have some loyalty bonus or cut of the transfer fee which they will forfeit if they ask for a transfer.

Guest bimpy474

To completely change the subject, what exactly is the deal with players officially in writing asking for a transfer? In the good old days it was a regular occurrence, now it virtually never happens even when players are actively looking to change clubs (Suarez). Do they lose some kind of loyalty bonus (rumoured) or a percentage of the transfer fee? Does it depend on the players individual contract or is it the same rule for all?

The fact that players virtually never do it must mean that there are financial penalties.

They don't lose their loyalty bonus if they don't ask for a transfer i think it is, that's why you get some many disputes about it. And as for a percentage of the transfer fee, i think that's something his agent sorts out (his slice and the players), that isn't affected by asking for a transfer or not, i think.

Guest bimpy474

SSN saying we're in talks with Remy today and we haven't pulled out completely from the Gomis deal  :dontknow:

Same as the last two weeks then  :undecided:

Where the hell is that awful Inman article from? It's not 'squeezing' cash out, the player was offered a written contract equal to or higher than his current, which he has in turn rejected and decided he wants to move on. As with the transfer rules, they owe us compensation. How is that a PR wobble ffs?!

SSN saying we're in talks with Remy today and we haven't pulled out completely from the Gomis deal  :dontknow:

Isn't that what was being reported from the beginning though? we haven't pulled out we just refuse to go higher and the offer remains on the table.

Would be sad to lose him. Isn't he supposed to be one of our most rated talents?

edit: regarding Inman

That was the impression I got too. Thought he was fairly well-regarded.

Guest Roger Kint

Hang on, that's what most clubs do if it's a player they've trained and think they should get a fee for, the slant on that story is terrible.

Wouldnt be a surprise if we are pushing for a big sell on percentage which they wont accept. Any cash value now would surely be tiny. Still shame on Newcastle for not giving him away :lol:

Isn't that what was being reported from the beginning though? we haven't pulled out we just refuse to go higher and the offer remains on the table.

Ah I was under the impression that we'd completely pulled out, looks like i'm alone though  :lol:

Now Mike Ashley's Newcastle squeezing Crewe for bigger compensation over former Toon reserve Brad Inman

30 Jul 2013 14:15

Billionaire's Premier League giants reportedly want more cash before 'free agent' midfielder can work for League One minnows

Newcastle have reportedly now rejected TWO offers of compensation from Crewe Alexandra as the League One club seek to sign former Toon 'free agent' Brad Inman.

Midfielder Inman - an Australia-born, Scotland Under-21 star - is training with Crewe after rejecting a new deal at St James' Park, according to an agency report.

But Newcastle are still technically entitled to some sort of compo from any club he eventually signs with, having brought the 21-year-old up through the club's academy.

Inman came to England and joined up with Newcastle when he was 14. He spent a successful half-season with Steve Davis's Crewe last campaign and is no longer under contract at St James'.

The nearest he got to first-team action during his Newcastle career was twice being an unused substitute in 2009, and one of those was the Carling Cup.

But he is unable to sign for Crewe until the clubs agree a package.

Manager Davis said: "We are not that close yet, we still have a bit to do. It's ongoing."

It reads like another PR wobble for Newcastle, following the revelation that 20,000 employees of Toon owner Mike Ashley's Sports Direct company are on the infamous 'zero-hours' work contracts.

At the very least, with Newcastle's shirt sponsors Wonga making profit from the cash-strapped, the Ashley era does seem to find the old club shedding its image of hapless flat-cap romanticism, for something more in the moustache-twirling villain line...

I thought he was staying?

good grief the only thing the author of that "article" missed was demanding we pay Crewe to take him off our hands

Ah I was under the impression that we'd completely pulled out, looks like i'm alone though  :lol:

We haven't completely pulled out, still giving them the tip.