Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

What a puzzling response.

Genuinely don't understand why you're on his back a lot compared to others. Especially seeing as you're probably the one poster on here in the past who has went over the top in their own defence of our own players.  :undecided:

As I said he is turning it around, that is something I have always maintained he would do as well.

It's the excuses though, maybe it's because I have defended players in the past that makes them really stick out but from greedy Ba, being played out of position, no service, he's not that sort of player (when apparently Ba was too similar hence them not working), 4-4-2 doesn't suit him etc..

Maybe he is just struggling for form a little? Maybe he is missing chances he could have done better with?

You must admit he is pretty untouchable on here at times?

I wouldn't necessarily say he's pretty untouchable, just people have a lot of time for him due to the effort he puts in when he's on the pitch for us as well as his attitude which seems to be spot on too. :thup:

Maybe he is just struggling for form a little? Maybe he is missing chances he could have done better with?

Theres no doubt he's struggling for form. He's way off form.

If he keeps having a go, though the goals will come back.

But frankly, he needs to start doing it sooner rather than later

He gets leeway because his on pitch attitude is impeccable, we need him to get back to his old self, he has flashes of it and because we haven't given him very good service for a long time. Players can go out of form and play in such a way that seems to damage us more than help, or just seem to stop trying, Cisse just seems to be struggling at times and I want to see him wheeling away in celebration more often.

Again I think there's a severe service problem to him mind, it's not just an excuse, he feeds off types of ball we have been very poor at providing, should be able to soon though. His goal vs Villa was very well taken and he'll score more soon.

Ba's a box predator. Simple as. His link up play was nothing to shout home about, and ironically he used 2 of those partners you've mentioned to do the majority of the linking and holding up, the dirty work as it's often called.

Pretty much, i don't remember this good form alongside HBA either always felt he looked isolated alongside HBA.

His best form came alongside Best where he feeded off his knockdowns to great effect.

Genuinely don't understand why you're on his back a lot compared to others. Especially seeing as you're probably the one poster on here in the past who has went over the top in their own defence of our own players.  :undecided:

As I said he is turning it around, that is something I have always maintained he would do as well.

It's the excuses though, maybe it's because I have defended players in the past that makes them really stick out but from greedy Ba, being played out of position, no service, he's not that sort of player (when apparently Ba was too similar hence them not working), 4-4-2 doesn't suit him etc..

Spot on. We all hope he silences the critics sooner rather than later for the good of the club we all support. It's just he's not been in good form since the beginning of pre-season, and whilst others in the same situation get loads of stick on here, Cisse gets endless excuses made for him. The simple fact is he's not pulled his weight this season in terms of chance creation and conversion, and he needs to turn it around sharpish.

The only player Ba ever brought into play was himself.

Scored plenty though so people were happy to overlook his greedyness. The amount of times a move would break down just because he'd shoot instead of playing a pass to someone in a better position, was ridiculous.

It was great when he was scoring and we were winning , but it p*ssed me off big time when we were chasing games.

He was all about the personal glory IMO.

Ba was brilliant at converting awkward balls in though, take his goal against man u at home, can't think of many strikers who could do that

Aye he was very good at feeding off very little ( basically scraps) but his all round play wasn't any better than Cisse's .

Neither of them have much all round game to write home about which is why the partnership never worked.

Hopefully Gouffran-Cisse-Ben Arfa can work better and any extra depth we may or may not get in the future.

Spot on. We all hope he silences the critics sooner rather than later for the good of the club we all support. It's just he's not been in good form since the beginning of pre-season, and whilst others in the same situation get loads of stick on here, Cisse gets endless excuses made for him. The simple fact is he's not pulled his weight this season in terms of chance creation and conversion, and he needs to turn it around sharpish.

"Others" have never shown any genuine kind of quality though. I'm honestly struggling to understand your point here, everyone will agree he is off form, were just saying he's clearly a far better striker than his stats will show this season and be will prove it. You seems to be suggesting that he's just shit.

"Others" have never shown any genuine kind of quality though. I'm honestly struggling to understand your point here, everyone will agree he is off form, were just saying he's clearly a far better striker than his stats will show this season and be will prove it. You seems to be suggesting that he's just s***.

I'm not suggesting he's shit at all, I'm suggesting he can do far better than he currently is, and that's why I am frustrated/criticising. For me the fact he is capable of doing so much better makes his prolonged loss of form more frustrating, not less.

I think he'll get off having a fairly shit season as we've been hoofing, displacing him and isolated him for the best part of it.

In his favoured position, with movement around him and the power of Sissoko to play off - he should score goals.

Needs to prove his worth long term. I think he will.

"The lack of service" stuff is annoying. Ba managed to score goals with this lot.

Back half of last season he didn't.

That's excuse 1.2 though, playing out of position.

When started central Ba's goalscoring ratio was ridiculous.