Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Auba and Bony should be around the £10m each, so we'd have to add a few pounds, but still within being reasonable.  :)

Now, I haven't seen them play a lot but their track record is just as good as Cisse's when he joined us.

This season, Cisse was not nearly a £15m player. I can't believe how many games I watched him being absolutely useless. Offsides, poor decisions and lack of confidence. I just can't see him going back to his previous form, and we really should be able to get a better player for that kind of money.

This is a completely baffling point of view TBH. If we're going to assume that nobody who had a bad season this year can improve then we may as well sell everyone.

I can see a lot of players doing a lot better next season. Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, S Taylor and Marveaux just to name a few. I don't think Cisse, Jonas or Shola will improve though.

I just don't see any reason to put Cisse in that category at all. He's clearly an absolute top goalscorer and has shown it throughout his career.

We're lucky to have him TBH, I just want to get the team functioning better and watch him score the goals.

Guest Roger Kint

As if we could sign Aubermeyeng AND Bony for £20m  :lol:

:lol: We'd be lucky to get one of them for the £15m from the sale. In fact £15m would get us Andy Carroll :lol:

:lol:

Still waiting for more options for this £15m. Really mental suggestion to sell for that :lol:

Guest SweMatt

Auba and Bony should be around the £10m each, so we'd have to add a few pounds, but still within being reasonable.  :)

Now, I haven't seen them play a lot but their track record is just as good as Cisse's when he joined us.

This season, Cisse was not nearly a £15m player. I can't believe how many games I watched him being absolutely useless. Offsides, poor decisions and lack of confidence. I just can't see him going back to his previous form, and we really should be able to get a better player for that kind of money.

This is a completely baffling point of view TBH. If we're going to assume that nobody who had a bad season this year can improve then we may as well sell everyone.

I can see a lot of players doing a lot better next season. Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, S Taylor and Marveaux just to name a few. I don't think Cisse, Jonas or Shola will improve though.

I just don't see any reason to put Cisse in that category at all. He's clearly an absolute top goalscorer and has shown it throughout his career.

We're lucky to have him TBH, I just want to get the team functioning better and watch him score the goals.

I hope you are right. Eight goals and only three (!) assists last Premiership season in 36 games says something else. Obviously I hope that I am wrong in terms of next season.  :)

If the reports are true both Auba and Bony are valued around 10m.

We might need to offer a little more but it wouldn't say both 20 is out of the realms of possibility.

Problem is other clubs might come in and drive the prices up.

Guest Roger Kint

What has Cisse's assists got to do with anything? Isnt that equal to or better than every player we have, Marveaux aside? Your argument gets more stupid be the minute here :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

If the reports are true both Auba and Bony are valued around 10m.

We might need to offer a little more but it wouldn't say both 20 is out of the realms of possibility.

Problem is other clubs might come in and drive the prices up.

The clubs decide their value not 'reports'

Guest Roger Kint

What has Cisse's assists got to do with anything? Isnt that equal to or better than every player we have, Marveaux aside? Your argument gets more stupid be the minute here :lol:

Assists don't matter do they?

Not when judging the teams only goalscorer no. Considering all our creative players cant muster any better than him.

I know that but as of right now that is what it takes according to local media.

Obviously i'm not some fly on the wall in either clubs boardroom so thats all i have to go on.

Also  he could be lying through his backtooth but Bony's agent said he could go for 10m.

we lack presence and hold up play in the final third, and a ballplayer. Cisse is neither, he is a pure finisher. Thats all good and dandy if we had a person who could force our attacks into the final third and hold up the ball for the midfield to get in there. Right now that man is Shola, and I think we all can agree on him not being good enough.

Assists don't matter at all, no. It's a pointless stat on it's own unless you're raking in 15+ a season.

Rightio :lol:

HAHAHA it means fuck all mate. 3 assists or 6 assists, there's little difference over the course of the season and the latter figure certainly doesn't indicate that he was involved in creating more goals and/or chances.

Assists don't matter at all, no. It's a pointless stat on it's own unless you're raking in 15+ a season.

HAHAHA it means f*** all mate. 3 assists or 6 assists, there's little difference over the course of the season and the latter figure certainly doesn't indicate that he was involved in creating more goals and/or chances.

I don't even know where to begin with that post. :lol:

Guest SweMatt

Of course it is still possible to find good transfers. Just to compare a bit: last season Christian Benteke was £9m and Michu was £2.5m.

Guest Roger Kint

HAHAHA it means fuck all mate. 3 assists or 6 assists, there's little difference over the course of the season and the latter figure certainly doesn't indicate that he was involved in creating more goals and/or chances.

Thing is if Cisse's assists matter then we might as well sell Cabaye/HBA etc who were just as hopeless in this stat. Especially given how many corners/free kicks they took :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Of course it is still possible to find good transfers. Just to compare a bit: last season Christian Benteke was £9m and Michu was £2.5m.

Where are they then? Show us this seasons gems.

HAHAHA it means f*** all mate. 3 assists or 6 assists, there's little difference over the course of the season and the latter figure certainly doesn't indicate that he was involved in creating more goals and/or chances.

I don't even know where to begin with that post. :lol:

Start with the capitalised H at the beginning.

Thing is if Cisse's assists matter then we might as well sell Cabaye/HBA etc who were just as hopeless in this stat. Especially given how many corners/free kicks they took :lol:

Probably Cisse's fault for missing all of the chances they apparently put on a plate for him :memelol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

He was also robbed of a few by magnificent saves - Reading at home - their keeper had a stormer.