Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His hold up play really infuriates me, and with McClaren seemingly wanting to play just one upfront he doesn't fit that role.

If we got a replacement in I'd definitely sell, but that won't be the case now so I'd keep him till January.

I don't get why people what Cisse to leave all of a sudden, he's proven he can score goals in the premier league if not a bit inconsistent, and we wouldnt be in this division if not for him. He also seems like a really likeable guy.

Cissé is pretty much guaranteed to be starting the next 3 games if he's still here. Both NUFC and Cissé can wait until January and then see. Cissé will still have a year and a half left on his contract in January so it's not like NUFC would have to sell him cheaply. It also gives Mitrović half a season to get used to the Premiership without the pressure of being our only out and out striker.

He's 30 and he's got 2 years left. If he doesn't go this summer then we run the risk of getting nothing for him and I can't see Ashley going for that.

On the other hand, strikers are the most expensive players so if he can get 2 more years out of him, maybe give him another year after that, he doesn't have to spend £8-12m or whatever for a few years yet. By which time someone like Armstrong might have replaced him for free anyway.

I don't get why people what Cisse to leave all of a sudden, he's proven he can score goals in the premier league if not a bit inconsistent, and we wouldnt be in this division if not for him. He also seems like a really likeable guy.

Because they are stupid enough to think we will buy a replacement if he goes.

He's 30 and he's got 2 years left. If he doesn't go this summer then we run the risk of getting nothing for him and I can't see Ashley going for that.

On the other hand, strikers are the most expensive players so if he can get 2 more years out of him, maybe give him another year after that, he doesn't have to spend £8-12m or whatever for a few years yet. By which time someone like Armstrong might have replaced him for free anyway.

Absolutely. :thup:

Just saying that if it comes down to brass tacks and they can move him on then I think they'll probably go for it and see what happens - make do, wait for Armstrong, look for a bargain etc

Is Riviere fit yet? I think if he was then they'd be more likely to sell. Mitrovic, Perez number 2 striker with Riviere back-up and the option of De Jong in an emergency.

Riviere is the same use whether fit or unfit. Crock of shite that lad.

Is Riviere fit yet? I think if he was then they'd be more likely to sell. Mitrovic, Perez number 2 striker with Riviere back-up and the option of De Jong in an emergency.

As of now we still don't know that Mitrovic or Riviere will score goals in the premier. Might be a bit of a risk to flog the only striker we've got who has a proven record of getting goals here whatever other weaknesses are perceived to be in his game.

Cisse and Newcastle have been good for each other but I don't think he suits McLarens style of play so if we get an offer of £6 million I would take it and buy Austin