Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest MrSundlofer

f***ing Hughton argument man. We're better than Hughton and if the squad improves at the same rate over the summer as it has done recently I have a feeling it'll be better than Pardew as well.

It's bloody hilarious how Hughton's become a symbol of 'playing football the right way' in the last few months. This is guy who made Kevin f***ing Nolan captain and basically constructed the team around him.

:lol:

I'm with Venkman so I don't wanna start comparing the managers, but Nolan was the only natural goalscorer in the side so it made complete sense to shape the team to suit his best qualities. I wont deny that he was a poor footballer, but he was good at putting it in the net and Hughton was right exploit that trait in what was a limited team. By the by, Pardew kept him in the side and by all accounts wanted to keep him at the club.

I'm with Venkman so I don't wanna start comparing the managers, but Nolan was the only natural goalscorer in the side so it made complete sense to shape the team to suit his best qualities. I wont deny that he was a poor footballer, but he was good at putting it in the net and Hughton was right exploit that trait in what was a limited team. By the by, Pardew kept him in the side and by all accounts wanted to keep him at the club.

Can't disagree with much of that. But it highlights this notion of Hughton and his beautiful football for what it is.

I wanted us to sell him and replace him with Charlie Adam the summer before we came up, for the record.

Guest andrew

Obviously Pardew has got better results and yes, the football at home to Blackburn and Fulham etc was horrible but there were times when we played better stuff than under pardew. man city away and arsenal away, we controlled a lot of that game with confidence on the ball I hadn't really seen before.

I'd rather have pardew, but hughton got us playing good stuff occasionally. not sure what point i'm making but :laugh:

Plenty of people have said our football was great to watch under Hughton. That's what the initial point was about.

Well these muppets are as bad as the muppets who belittle what Kevin Nolan did for us.

His job, occasionally?

He just about did the bare minimum as a captain.

Guest Chubby Jason

You going to the match today, Ronaldo?  Just wondering if we'll get any respite in the near future.

:lol: get him to call you a pedophile and you might get another 30 day holiday.