Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

any links to cisse's interview?

Haven't been able to find any myself. I would love to see it again too. Had me in stitches.

It was so goofy and funny man, in a good way though. The bit where he says "thank you God" in some kind of sing song fashion was quality.

Yeah, think a top class striker is essential in the summer. I was one of the people who was relieved when Ba went as I thought Cisse was suffering through his selfishness and the rigid 4-4-2 but it seems he's just having a shit season, the amount of chances he's missed this season has been frustrating as fuck. I honestly feel we wouldn't be where we are in the table if Ba was playing in this side instead of Cisse.

No. We just need another real option.

Can you not count? We need to create more opportunities, unless you honestly believe one chance a game is good service? Is another striker going to be more clinical considering how little we create? The average conversion rate for a top striker is 20%.

There's games where he has had shit loads of chances and fucked up. I'm not turning on him, i fucking love him but we need a striker for when Cisse's out of form who can come in and do the job. Shola is not even slightly good enough. If Cisse get's injured we're stuck with him first choice for the rest of the season which would depress me, i'd probably give up on football :lol:

He hasn't been good enough this season in fulfilling his main responsibility for the team: scoring goals when presented with chances. He isn't Luiz Suarez or Carlos Tevez, and the creative side of his game isn't even nearly good enough (even at its best) for him to escape deserved criticism for his poor goal-scoring record this season by virtue of having been more concerned with creating chances for others/link-up play. His season has been a 4/10. He's scored just one more league goal than Cabaye ffs, who has been out injured for ages.

There ought to be repercussions for this, but at our club, there almost never is with certain individuals (cf. Pardew).

He's not finished and no one's given up on him with any finality, but he has been shit this season. Don't see any two ways about that personally.

It's not a form issue either IMO, it's been season-long thing (though during parts of the season when he's been played on the wing for example, there have been obvious and genuine mitigating factors) - so it's not something to be dismissed/ignored IMO.

If he can't demonstrate the sort of form/prowess which instils confidence in the crowd that if he got a chance, he will bury it, then I'd have serious reservations about him being our main striker next season tbh. Especially since he's pretty much our only striker atm. Right now, I dread the thought of him taking a penalty, let alone him ballooning a regular chance then smiling at the sky with whimsy in his eyes.