Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I can only remember him having the one real chance yesterday. We need to create more chances for Cissé as he isn't scoring with every chance this season. Other players need to score more goals too. I think I read we are the only team left in the Premiership with a defender who hasn't scored this season.

We do need another decent striker in the Summer too. We can't go with just Cissé and Ameobi (I'm not sure if Gouffran is a striker or a forward player) again.

No. We just need another real option.

Can you not count? We need to create more opportunities, unless you honestly believe one chance a game is good service? Is another striker going to be more clinical considering how little we create? The average conversion rate for a top striker is 20%.

For 18 months we've had strikers that can score regularly. Now, with a better team, we aren't creating the chances? Cool.

He's had a couple of matches where he's missed a few (Reading and Chelsea) but I think overall, he's had less than one chance a game this year, 6 goals is about right considering the abysmal service. We were dreadful in the opening 2 months especially, I can barely think of any opportunities he had and he's not the type to overpower others to finish scraps, like Ba.

No. We just need another real option.

Can you not count? We need to create more opportunities, unless you honestly believe one chance a game is good service? Is another striker going to be more clinical considering how little we create? The average conversion rate for a top striker is 20%.

For 18 months we've had strikers that can score regularly. Now, with a better team, we aren't creating the chances? Cool.

They are 2 completely different strikers. One finished off scraps, literally only scoring twice from outside the box in his whole time here (one a deflected free kick vs Arsenal), the other isn't like that, he needs service and scores a variety of goals. You play to your striker's strengths as he's the one who wins you games, we don't do that with our current one.

Edit: Adding to what I said. You've obviously been duped into thinking we're some kind of creative team, Dropout. I'd say Ba's fantastic ability to get something out of nothing in the box has masked our creative deficiencies, this year in particular. We've leaned on strikers in hot form for too long, we need to be more expansive as a team, apart from a few games last year, we simply haven't played to our potential under Pardew.

PE Aubameyang would be a good addition to the team in the close season, but I feel we need someone in the Bony mould as an alternative option to Cisse.

Tbf Aubameyang could act as an alternative to Cisse and a winger to play alongside him, that is the beauty of it.

Either way we need a striker, everyone knows it hopefully the board and Pardew do also.

"6 goals is about right". Bullshit.

Considering the complete lack of service to him, I'm afraid it is, like I said, over the season I bet he has had less than a chance a game. You don't find many strikers like Ba who can get so much out of so little. You want Cisse to get goals, give him some openings by getting some movement going on around him and give him some service, like the vast majority of strikers out there.

Alot of creative players were missing for a lot of the season, he was pushed out to the right to accomidate BA and Shola (at times), been supplied with very little to work off.  Its been a shit season, we've been shit over all apart from the odd good half of football.  He does snatch at things and does get caught offside but tbh who wouldn't be eager to put the ball in the net, especially when you know your having a bad season.

He has two shots per game on average, which is significantly less than most other strikers. Ba's is around 4.5 while Suarez is nearly 6. It's less than both Cabaye and Ben Arfa as well as Gouffran and Sissoko.

He has two shots per game on average, which is significantly less than most other strikers. Ba's is around 4.5 while Suarez is nearly 6. It's less than both Cabaye and Ben Arfa as well as Gouffran and Sissoko.

Says it all. Those first couple of months I really felt for him, he just didn't get a sniff. Ba's gone but we still expect the same results from a completely different player, we've got to play to his strengths more.

Bloody hell its worse than i thought, although that isn't just a creativity thing that is also due to poor movement IMO.

His movement off the ball is nowhere near at the level it was last season, which i can only put down to confidence.

Not as good as we thought he was, simple as that, the sooner people stop making excuses and accept this, the better.

That is rubbish though tbf, he was scoring goals like it was something to do in Germany.

Ok he's not a 13 in 14 striker but he's not a 6 in 26 striker either.

Not as good as we thought he was, simple as that, the sooner people stop making excuses and accept this, the better.

Disagree. He's consistently scored at every place he's landed. I doubt he'll ever be a 25+ goal scorer for us, but he should be good for 15+ a year.

The thing is he is getting 2-3 chances a game, it's all about confidence. Not the best striker in the world, but he's extremely unselfish in his way of playing even if he sometimes prefers to shoot than pass the ball.

Says it all. Those first couple of months I really felt for him, he just didn't get a sniff. Ba's gone but we still expect the same results from a completely different player, we've got to play to his strengths more.

I don't mean to be funny, but what exactly are his strengths, except for scoring wonder goals from outside of the area? I think earlier in the season people were correct in pointing to the fact that he probably is a lone forward in a 433 rather than a support striker, and hence didn't work well with Ba unfortunately. However, we've long since changed to his preferred system, and still he hasn't really scored enough goals yet for a lone forward of a team with European aspirations. In my opinion his general contribution to our play isn't good enough either to make his lack of goalscoring acceptable, i.e. he's not creating chances for himself or others sufficiently. At this point, I hope he finds his goalscoring boots before the end of the season, or I would be looking for a replacement in the summer rather than a better deputy than Shola to provide some pressure.

I don't mean to be funny, but what exactly are his strengths, except for scoring wonder goals from outside of the area? I think earlier in the season people were correct in pointing to the fact that he probably is a lone forward in a 433 rather than a support striker, and hence didn't work well with Ba unfortunately. However, we've long since changed to his preferred system, and still he hasn't really scored enough goals yet for a lone forward of a team with European aspirations. In my opinion his general contribution to our play isn't good enough either to make his lack of goalscoring acceptable, i.e. he's not creating chances for himself or others sufficiently. At this point, I hope he finds his goalscoring boots before the end of the season, or I would be looking for a replacement in the summer rather than a better deputy than Shola to provide some pressure.

We've only just switched to that system since we bought Gouffran, supporting him we now have Gouffran, Sissoko, Cabaye, Santon and Debuchy, with HBA waiting in the wings. 

Its going to take time get get that functioning.  Our season has been a big jumble dup pile of shit. And I think he has suffered badly under it.

He's got 2 goals in 5 league starts since the new players came in, and should have had a couple of cup goals but for some awful officiating.

I think he'll be alright and will score at least 1 in 2 for the rest of the season.  Could do with another Gouffran type mind, it's daft that our "forward line" includes Jonas.