Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Torn about this, assuming it's true. He's had a rotten season, but all in all I'd be willing to give him another chance to rekindle his earlier (Freiburg, NUFC first half season) form. My main worry with him is that he does not appear to work particularly well with other strikers/forwards, so it's a matter of building the team around him as the main striker or finding a replacement that suits our other players better.

He's a 'lone-wolf', not as good as Inzaghi but similar type of player - well capable of (and willing) dropping deep to collect & play the one/two-touch simple stuff, but aside from that his game built upon sneaking into the box (picking his runs into the box: drifting across the centrehalves from their weak or blind side) after a switch-of-play. Definitely not a 50/50 'run&chase' striker, with the physicality & explosiveness needed to convert early balls/crosses into almost regulation chances ala Ba.

As a team (to get the best of him) you have to maintain pressure & possession in the final third as a cohesive unit, which would allow him time to read the defensive line & positioning, hereby pick & choose his runs. This fundamental is a neglected facet (at least as a focal point in training) under Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

No more selling players for fuck's sake.

:lol: Exactly. Let's keep the good ones and add to them. This clamour to sell our better players is properly bizarre.

:lol: Exactly. Let's keep the good ones and add to them. This clamour to sell our better players is properly bizarre.

People have been conditioned to think that's the only way we can afford to buy players.

Guest icemanblue

People have been conditioned to think that's the only way we can afford to buy players.

No, they haven't. People are just idiots.

Guest neesy111

No, they haven't. People are just idiots.

:rolleyes:

will be sad if he left....would love to see him shine again. Im sure if pardew stepped up and played more attacking football and arfa in form + a new quality LW then cisse would have a great goalscoring season! Better then playing in freakin russia

Once you deal with Carroll's signing on fee and the wages you'd be paying him above what Cisse earns, it will use up all the Cisse money. So it would be pretty much a straight swap. Selling Cisse to bring in a guy who can only score about half as much in a team totally suited to him.

If we can really get £18M for Cisse, could be ggod business. But blowing that on Carroll. Just stupid. No other word for it.

Can't be selling him. Our only f***ing striker it would be disastrous if he went - taking into account how utterly s*** we are at replacing strikers I wouldn't trust us one iota to replace Cisse.

Can't be selling him. Our only f***ing striker it would be disastrous if he went - taking into how utterly s*** we are at replacing strikers I wouldn't trust us one iota to replace Cisse.

:sadnod:

Good point. With their penchant for a good deal at the expense of short term squad needs there is every chance we may not even get a suitable replacement in. Wouldn't sell unless we have at least two strikers coming in.

I think it's extremely unlikely we'll sell Cisse, not sure why we're even talking about it so much.

IF it is true that Anzi are in for him and are willing to spend EUR 18m or over, I could see Ashley going for that tbh.

Guest reefatoon

Dear me, we finished 5th and all our players were classed as unbelievable and no way should we ever sell.  1 season later we had a shit season and all of a sudden, all these players are wank and we should accept offers for them and flog them.

Gotta love the ups and downs in this place like.

Dear me, we finished 5th and all our players were classed as unbelievable and no way should we ever sell.  1 season later we had a s*** season and all of a sudden, all these players are w*** and we should accept offers for them and flog them.

Gotta love the ups and downs in this place like.

Nobody has said all our players are wank and we should accept offers for them. Nice try though.

Guest reefatoon

At the time though, I remember a lot of people wanting Ba out the door too, we seem to go on a witch hunt from one player to the other

genuine question, where would we have finished last season if Chelsea had signed Cisse instead of Ba, and Ba stayed?

Probably a couple of places higher, but that's not really the point.

Also, Chelsea would have done much better as well.

genuine question, where would we have finished last season if Chelsea had signed Cisse instead of Ba, and Ba stayed?

Probably a couple of places higher, but that's not really the point.

Also, Chelsea would have done much better as well.

Agreed.