Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Cisse and he does try and on his day he can be a match winner but he is literally our weakest link right now and needs replaced and eventually peddled. We need someone through the middle who can shield the ball, win headers, bully defenders, get in behind, someone strong, quick and with a bit of know how.

Cisse up there looks like a lost lamb or frightened rabbit.

Throwing him wide right last season fucked his mo-jo and he's never been the same since!

Been s*** for donkeys.

Darren Bent 2 Cisse 0

I'd rather we have a more complete striker than bent tbh.

Bent and cisse far too similar

That'd cost money. Bent wouldn't have.

Defoe has 7 in 4 starts this season too btw.

Been s*** for donkeys.

Darren Bent 2 Cisse 0

Bent did cost money though, and decent wages too.

I'd jump at Defoe, Bent not so much.

Been s*** for donkeys.

Darren Bent 2 Cisse 0

He'd have cost a fraction of what a "complete striker" would have cost and would score just as many goals.

Been s*** for donkeys.

Darren Bent 2 Cisse 0

He'd have cost a fraction of what a "complete striker" would have cost and would score just as many goals.

I'm sorry I don't agree with this. Bent doesn't guarantee goals especially in a team like ours that doesn't create much.

Personally speaking I'd like to see us move away from poacher types and look at players with more to their games, due to the often oceans of space between our lines we need someone who can offer more.

Bent is washed up and past his best looking for yet another Gravy train to jump on the days of us signing players like that are hopefully behind us.

Been s*** for donkeys.

Darren Bent 2 Cisse 0

I'm sorry I don't agree with this. Bent doesn't guarantee goals especially in a team like ours that doesn't create much.

Personally speaking I'd like to see us move away from poacher types and look at players with more to their games, due to the often oceans of space between our lines we need someone who can offer more.

Bent is washed up and past his best looking for yet another Gravy train to jump on the days of us signing players like that are hopefully behind us.

He's currently scoring goals at Fulham, a team that creates as much, or maybe even less, than we do. Fuck knows how he's not good enough for us.

Cisse doesn't score. Rarely assists. Link-up play is awful. Can't win headers. Can't hold it up. Can't stretch opposition. Doesn't create space for others.

He's meant to be this top finisher. In close to 50 league games he has 8 goals.

I'm not sure but HBA, Cabaye, remy & Gouffran must have that money goals or better in that time. Fucking horrendous.

Time's up really. Think he's had a bit of an attitude/mentality problem because his effort on the pitch is horrendous.

Starting anew elsewhere might be better for both sides. That's assuming we somehow miraculously sign another striker though.

Which centre-back fears him in this league? Or know they've been in a game after being asked to mark him?

One instance today he picked the ball up on the edge of the centre circle with only a defender ahead of him and he tried to drive at him. So easy for the defender. Even on his best day he had about as much of a chance as scoring there as Danny Simpson would.

Time's up really. Think he's had a bit of an attitude/mentality problem because his effort on the pitch is horrendous.

Starting anew elsewhere might be better for both sides. That's assuming we somehow miraculously sign another striker though.

Christ.

Which centre-back fears him in this league? Or know they've been in a game after being asked to mark him?

One instance today he picked the ball up on the edge of the centre circle with only a defender ahead of him and he tried to drive at him. So easy for the defender. Even on his best day he had about as much of a chance as scoring there as Danny Simpson would.

This. This is the part that worries me. I knew that situation would either end in a stupid shot, him being eased off the ball, or him misplacing a pass to a teammate. If you look back to all the strikers of years past he is meant to be superior to, the likes of Best, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Viduka, Oba, Owen, etc. all of them had one outstanding trait in general play that could use to assist the team when they weren't scoring. Pace, energy, work rate, hold up play, strength, aerial ability. Cisse has not shown any of the qualities I listed for more than twelve months now. In that time, he has been nothing more than a player who occasionally puts the ball in that net when others create the opportunity for him. This simply isn't good enough and it is hard to watch, because we have seen what the player is actually capable of.

Sadly, I've given up on Cisse; he's gash, doesn't really do anything and missed some real tasty chances today. I was his biggest fan, absolutely loved the fella for us but he's just useless.

Christ.

He just doesn't seem bothered anymore. It all matches up with the pre-season shirt sponsor ruckus as well.

Most likely looking for an excuse to get out, leveraged it into a fresh payday.

I like Cisse and he does try and on his day he can be a match winner but he is literally our weakest link right now and needs replaced and eventually peddled. We need someone through the middle who can shield the ball, win headers, bully defenders, get in behind, someone strong, quick and with a bit of know how.

Throwing him wide right last season fucked his mo-jo and he's never been the same since!

Imagine Shearer with HBA and Remy on either side of him.  :fwap:

Imagine Shearer with HBA and Remy on either side of him.  :fwap:

He had Nobby and Robert for a few seasons which were probably best pair of wingers in the league at the time  bar a few teams such as Man Utd Chelsea  and Arsenal