Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The only way he's going to get back his confidence is if he has a run of games where he gets a lot of chances. We can't afford to play like that though, I also doubt we've got a coach who can get the system to generate said chances. Gouffran through the middle from now on.

Gouffran will offer even less through the middle IMO. I know he's flavour of the month right now, and Cisse is the pantomime villain, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Gouff is going to be an effective CF.

All those games Gouffran has played as a centre forward for us.

It's got to the point where Cisse is literally doing more harm than good, why the hell wouldn't you want to give a bloke who has shown to be effective centrally for another club a run of games there? It actually makes me angry the pathetic excuses Cisse is getting now :lol:

I would actually prefer Gouffran to be given a go at CF, if only to bust this myth he'll be any good at it. What he did in the French league isn't likely to count for much in the premier IMO. He looks far worse than Cisse in the air, and doesn't look to have any poacher's instinct either.

Does not compute

Can you name me one instant where Gouffran's shown any aerial ability?

Got to buy a striker in the January window - someone who leads the line and poses a threat in open play, a Lukaka or Benteke type. Cisse is a poacher and when his mojo is missing he gives us less than nothing. Is Gomis the answer?

Give him time, he'll turn it round.  Look at Tiote at the minute.

We need a forward thinking Manager instead of this negative ring piece we have at present. Oh and fuck the coaches an all, what are they fucking playing at.

:thup:

It goes without saying that he's been awful for a while now (I thought he was alright tonight tbh, but I've become used to the howls of derision every time he touches the ball) but stuff like just running offside over and over again simply smacks of extraordinarily bad coaching. People will argue that it's up to him to sort that out but it really isn't, that's what coaches are for, you can guarantee that any other club would actually be working on it extremely hard in training and I doubt that sort of thing is terribly difficult to iron out. Maybe they are trying... personally I doubt it.

The only way he's going to get back his confidence is if he has a run of games where he gets a lot of chances. We can't afford to play like that though, I also doubt we've got a coach who can get the system to generate said chances. Gouffran through the middle from now on.

Gouffran will offer even less through the middle IMO. I know he's flavour of the month right now, and Cisse is the pantomime villain, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Gouff is going to be an effective CF.

It's got to the point where Cisse is literally doing more harm than good, why the hell wouldn't you want to give a bloke who has shown to be effective centrally for another club a run of games there? It actually makes me angry the pathetic excuses Cisse is getting now :lol:

I would actually prefer Gouffran to be given a go at CF, if only to bust this myth he'll be any good at it. What he did in the French league isn't likely to count for much in the premier IMO. He looks far worse than Cisse in the air, and doesn't look to have any poacher's instinct either.

Does not compute

Heh? Look at that bolded phrase and tell me what it has to do with Gouffran? A midget couldn't be far worse than Cisse in the air, seeing as Cisse has next to no arial presence or ability.

Started to look better tonight. Isn't saying much.

Yeah, he could actually play a pass more than 3 yards. I was in shock every time he kept the ball and laid it off.

I don't mind players like him being offside now and again but he doesn't even look ffs, he just walks and hopes the linesmans a tard. It's so infuriating to watch his 'movement'.

We need a forward thinking Manager instead of this negative ring piece we have at present. Oh and fuck the coaches an all, what are they fucking playing at.

It goes without saying that he's been awful for a while now (I thought he was alright tonight tbh, but I've become used to the howls of derision every time he touches the ball) but stuff like just running offside over and over again simply smacks of extraordinarily bad coaching. People will argue that it's up to him to sort that out but it really isn't, that's what coaches are for, you can guarantee that any other club would actually be working on it extremely hard in training and I doubt that sort of thing is terribly difficult to iron out. Maybe they are trying... personally I doubt it.

Premier League coaches shouldn't really be there to teach a 28 year old #9 the offside rule.

No doubt his goalscoring has been effected by the teams general shitness, but no amount of bad coaching excuses how shit he has been of late. Hope he sorts himself out, but it is looking more and more likely that he isn't going to return to the level we saw when he arrived.

Edit: Wut Cajun Sed

A 28 year old shouldn't need to be coached about looking across the line. Are player's memories wiped every time they move to a new club? Christ :lol:

A 28 year old shouldn't need coached about passing a ball, about finishing a chance, about crossing a ball. But they all get coached nevertheless.

Absolutely preposterous statement Jon. They're all extremely well paid to get the best out of the players.

We need a forward thinking Manager instead of this negative ring piece we have at present. Oh and f*** the coaches an all, what are they f***ing playing at.

I think Cisse's problems at the moment go beyond tactical questions but I bet he looks better at his next club.

Does not compute

Heh? Look at that bolded phrase and tell me what it has to do with Gouffran? A midget couldn't be far worse than Cisse on the air, seeing as Cisse has next to no arial presence or ability.

Mate, you are just talking rubbish. Gouffran is far better in some aspects than Cisse, but as a CF isn't one of them. Cisse wins far more headers, and has scored far more goals you would associate with a top striker over his career.

A 28 year old shouldn't need to be coached about looking across the line. Are player's memories wiped every time they move to a new club? Christ :lol:

A 28 year old shouldn't need coached about passing a ball, about finishing a chance, about crossing a ball. But they all get coached nevertheless.

Absolutely preposterous statement Jon. They're all extremely well paid to get the best out of the players.

The excuses are getting worse. If you honestly think his moronic offsides are down to coaching then I really don't know what to say.

The excuses are getting worse. If you honestly think his moronic offsides are down to coaching then I really don't know what to say.

And because of that, you don't think the coaching team should be attempting to do anything about it?

Aye, Cisse's offsides are caused by him being an incredibly stupid human. Just look at his face. Look into his eyes and you will notice there is absolutely nothing behind them.

A good instinct finisher when in form but can't be relied on for a whole season. We knew this was the case but our dear leader hasn't invested and here we are.

And because of that, you don't think the coaching team should be attempting to do anything about it?

Can Carver perform brain surgery?

Can we blame all our players inabilities on poor coaching? Obertan would probably play like Bale with a run of games and a good set of coaches behind him. I mean he looks as thick as fuck too in his decision making so it must be linked.

I said this after the Sunderland game, there was a peach of a cross came in from the left in the 55th minute and Cisse and Gouffran ended up attacking the same ball at the near post, and the ball sailed over to the far post harmlessly. Similar today when an offside Gouffran took the ball away from Cisse in a certain goal situation due to lack of understanding. If it's not lack of coaching or training drills, what else would you put this down to?

Offsides aren't really the problem here.

The odd rare incident where forwards might both attack the same ball. The same s**** was spouted when Ba was here but Cisse became a world beater again when he left, as predicted.

To be fair to Cisse, he was a world beater until he was shunted on to the wing.

Can we blame all our players inabilities on poor coaching? Obertan would probably play like Bale with a run of games and a good set of coaches behind him. I mean he looks as thick as fuck too in his decision making so it must be linked.

Our players inabilities are what the coaches are there for, to ultimately work on their weaknesses.  As most of our players seem to be going backwards since arriving, do you not think it's because of the shortfalls in the quality of our coaching staff that are to blame as well as Parpoo?