Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Playing off the last man requires some sort of intelligence and trying to beat the offside trap. He doesn't do this at all, he just runs as soon as we look to be breaking and more often than not he is caught miles offside because he doesn't look across the line or attempt to time his runs.

Maybe if we were pushing forward rather than looking to break (at home) he would be more useful? With more player in the opposition half it would be less easy for the opposition defenders to step up and play the offside game.

Playing off the last man requires some sort of intelligence and trying to beat the offside trap. He doesn't do this at all, he just runs as soon as we look to be breaking and more often than not he is caught miles offside because he doesn't look across the line or attempt to time his runs.

Maybe if we were pushing forward rather than looking to break (at home) he would be more useful? With more player in the opposition half it would be less easy for the opposition defenders to step up and play the offside game.

I just think we need to stop making excuses for him tbh.

Remy and Gouffran have both managed to break behind or anticipate saves/deflections etc.. The Cisse defence got old a long time ago now, we are verging on blaming the position of the moon or how Capricorns always struggle to score during this month.

Wonder what we could get for him in January...

Would drive him to Craven Cottage if it meant we'd get Berbatov in exchange.

Berba still has some years in front of him while we don't know if Cisse will ever be back to his best,.

Remy and Gouffran have both managed to break behind or anticipate saves/deflections etc.. The Cisse defence got old a long time ago now, we are verging on blaming the position of the moon or how Capricorns always struggle to score during this month.

Remy and Gouffran are better at playing on the break without doubt. But when either one has been asked to play up front as the central striker they haven't exactly pulled up any trees either tbf.

Lee Gibson ‏@Gippa1981 1h

@CissePapiss My 10 year old son is your biggest fan and he would love to meet you for an autograph

Papiss Demba Cisse ‏@CissePapiss 45m

@Gippa1981 hi Lee. U can bring ur son to the training ground. I'll be happy to meet both of u. Thanks

:aww:

Feel really sorry for him, throw him on and still go route one, get on the deck and play give him a chance.

It's hard to feel sorry for him when he hasn't looked like a footballer in a year and half now regardless of the service.

I think Cisse would be a much better player if he was running onto a ball towards the opposition goal rather than trying to pluck balls out of the air or trying to play through the opposition.  He's got pace yet we don't try to make use of it often enough.  I don't know what's wrong with him but you can't go from being the player we signed to the player we currently see for no reason.

His first half of a season was too good for him to be a shit player, shit players can't and don't do what he did for half a season.  They can have good games but they don't do it for as long as he did.

I think Cisse would be a much better player if he was running onto a ball towards the opposition goal rather than trying to pluck balls out of the air or trying to play through the opposition.  He's got pace yet we don't try to make use of it often enough.  I don't know what's wrong with him but you can't go from being the player we signed to the player we currently see for no reason.

His first half of a season was too good for him to be a shit player, shit players can't and don't do what he did for half a season.  They can have good games but they don't do it for as long as he did.

conversely good players don't be as shit as he's been for so long, its been 18 months of tripe and theres no excuses left, when Shola Ameobi has offered more to the team than you have in the  season you know its bad.

Guest Howaythetoon

What the fuck has happened to him? This is for me the biggest drop in form and performance from a player I've ever seen.

Remy and Gouffran are better at playing on the break without doubt. But when either one has been asked to play up front as the central striker they haven't exactly pulled up any trees either tbf.

When was this?

I'm trying to remember some glaring misses from him... anyone? Only because that could lead us to what may be the problem is... is he getting into positions and not converting, or simply not even reading the game as he used to anymore, and positioning is the problem? I'm just as flummoxed by this as anybody.

I'm trying to remember some glaring misses from him... anyone? Only because that could lead us to what may be the problem is... is he getting into positions and not converting, or simply not even reading the game as he used to anymore, and positioning is the problem? I'm just as flummoxed by this as anybody.

wat

Shola has offered more to the team because he suits the manager's style of play better.

This is exactly it.

No it isn't, not by a long stretch. If you'd ask Pardew who he'd rather play when given the choice, a confident striker who scores a goal a game (or even 1 in 2/3) or one who barely ever scores, I think he would prefer the former without a shadow of a doubt. The reason Cisse has offered even less to the team than Shola fucking Ameobi has nothing to do with Pardew, or even with Shola, it's because of the incredibly disappointing performances and contribution of Papiss Cisse himself.

wat

Sounds like a great passtime.. :lol: :suicide:

wat

Goodness me, what the fuck is it with this board? Dave, I just woke up, this was not some pro-Cisse laying-of-the-gauntlet sentence, I'm trying to see if the issue is simply finishing or he's completely stopped even reading the game.

Shola has offered more to the team because he suits the manager's style of play better.

This is exactly it.

No it isn't, not by a long stretch. If you'd ask Pardew who he'd rather play when given the choice, a confident striker who scores a goal a game (or even 1 in 2/3) or one who barely ever scores, I think he would prefer the former without a shadow of a doubt. The reason Cisse has offered even less to the team than Shola fucking Ameobi has nothing to do with Pardew, or even with Shola, it's because of the incredibly disappointing performances and contribution of Papiss Cisse himself.

That's fair I suppose, Cisse has been utterly terrible all season and that's why he isn't in the team.

However, the point is, under Pardew we're likely to get more results when playing a lumbering target man, at the expense of more expansive/progressive options throughout the squad (I'm not referring to Cisse here). We've seen him dabble with 4-2-3-1s and the likes of, and the bloke hasn't got a clue. Doing it this way is just a limited tactic for a limited manager, and probably our best option. Hopefully we get a serious upgrade on Shola in January.

This is exactly it.

That's fair I suppose, Cisse has been utterly terrible all season and that's why he isn't in the team.

However, the point is, under Pardew we're likely to get more results when playing a lumbering target man, at the expense of more expansive/progressive options throughout the squad (I'm not referring to Cisse here). We've seen him dabble with 4-2-3-1s and the likes of, and the bloke hasn't got a clue. Doing it this way is just a limited tactic for a limited manager, and probably our best option. Hopefully we get a serious upgrade on Shola in January.

An upgrade on a Shola-type of targetman is what Pardew dreams of every night, from the looks of it, and from our failed attempts at bringing Carroll back.

wat

Goodness me, what the fuck is it with this board? Dave, I just woke up, this was not some pro-Cisse laying-of-the-gauntlet sentence, I'm trying to see if the issue is simply finishing or he's completely stopped even reading the game.

Calm down you tart. :lol: ;)