Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

well, i just think he should given a run this spring in order to gain some lost form. For how long he has been out form i do not no. But judging him on last season only is not fair imo. We played some of the worst football ever and if he doesn´t get any service and is left alone on top - what can you do?

With remy probably leaving in the summer i think we should keep cisse and use this season to try and fix him. If remy goes then we still need 2 new strikers at least as good as cisse.

If we don't sign another forward this January I agree we should give him another chance in the second half of the season, because I would still rather play him than Shola. That said, he was an integral part of last season's failure, not (just) a victim of it. It could be argued we didn't play to his strengths (not sure which ones really, but there you go), but the fact we were treathened by relegation for much of the season was as much to do with not having a striker putting the ball in the net (especially second half of the season after Ba left) as anything else tbh. For him to refind his early form, it's not just a matter of Pardew giving him that chance, but also him taking whatever chances come his way and proving that he's on the way back, making himself undroppable. From what we've seen so far this season you have to wonder if he's even interested.

agree, but still think we should give him chance - starting now!

At the expense of who though? If we're changing our front three I would rather introduce Ben Arfa to be honest, at least he's shown he's eager in his substitute appearances and we all know what he can contribute. If we gave Cisse a number of starts to get him firing again we could very easily suffer in an attacking sense if he doesn't magically click. All in all, I still believe he should not be given a start before he displays some signs of improvement in his substitute appearances, which he certainly hasn't done lately.

maybe try remy in wider role (left) instead of gouffran. Our 3 next matches should allow us to play with both!

You could also argue that arfa should show some more tracking back / defending in his substitute appearances...

well, i just think he should given a run this spring in order to gain some lost form. For how long he has been out form i do not no. But judging him on last season only is not fair imo. We played some of the worst football ever and if he doesn´t get any service and is left alone on top - what can you do?

With remy probably leaving in the summer i think we should keep cisse and use this season to try and fix him. If remy goes then we still need 2 new strikers at least as good as cisse.

If we don't sign another forward this January I agree we should give him another chance in the second half of the season, because I would still rather play him than Shola. That said, he was an integral part of last season's failure, not (just) a victim of it. It could be argued we didn't play to his strengths (not sure which ones really, but there you go), but the fact we were treathened by relegation for much of the season was as much to do with not having a striker putting the ball in the net (especially second half of the season after Ba left) as anything else tbh. For him to refind his early form, it's not just a matter of Pardew giving him that chance, but also him taking whatever chances come his way and proving that he's on the way back, making himself undroppable. From what we've seen so far this season you have to wonder if he's even interested.

At the expense of who though? If we're changing our front three I would rather introduce Ben Arfa to be honest, at least he's shown he's eager in his substitute appearances and we all know what he can contribute. If we gave Cisse a number of starts to get him firing again we could very easily suffer in an attacking sense if he doesn't magically click. All in all, I still believe he should not be given a start before he displays some signs of improvement in his substitute appearances, which he certainly hasn't done lately.

maybe try remy in wider role (left) instead of gouffran. Our 3 next matches should allow us to play with both!

You could also argue that arfa should show some more tracking back / defending in his substitute appearances...

You'd drop Gouffran for Cisse?

Shola will sail off into the sunset this summer, Remy will join a club with money and Cisse will be off to the highest bidder sooner rather than later,and Campbell is very small, so we could potentially go into next summer with no recognized striker at the club.

I'm so pleased we actually pay a bloke to be in charge of all transfers at the club..........your doing a great job Joe a great job !!!!!

Guest reefatoon

Shola will sail off into the sunset this summer, Remy will join a club with money and Cisse will be off to the highest bidder sooner rather than later,and Campbell is very small, so we could potentially go into next summer with no recognized striker at the club.

I'm so pleased we actually pay a bloke to be in charge of all transfers at the club..........your doing a great job Joe a great job !!!!!

Aye, and if we sign 1 - 2 players a year like Joe was babbling on about, then we might have a Premiership ready strikeforce by the 2019/20 season.

If we're going to crucify him for last season, can we at least have the linesmen that ruled off something like 7 or 8 perfectly good goals incorrectly, crucified up there with him too? They stand his confidence doesn't collapse and we don't have the Cisse we have now IMO

I think Cisse has shot his load, we looked a weaker team yesterday when he took Anita off and brought him on .

don't think you can judge him on that tbf. Give him 1, 2 or 3 starts in a row! Cisse is not the type of player who makes a great sub, i think. He needs confident (like many other strikers) obviously - he will only gain that by being trusted.

I think Cisse has shot his load, we looked a weaker team yesterday when he took Anita off and brought him on .

don't think you can judge him on that tbf. Give him 1, 2 or 3 starts in a row! Cisse is not the type of player who makes a great sub, i think. He needs confident (like many other strikers) obviously - he will only gain that by being trusted.

He started the first 5 games of the season like.

If we're going to crucify him for last season, can we at least have the linesmen that ruled off something like 7 or 8 perfectly good goals incorrectly, crucified up there with him too? They stand his confidence doesn't collapse and we don't have the Cisse we have now IMO

By 7 or 8 you must mean one or two? And what about the offside goals that were allowed.

Yeah, i think i would :cheesy:

A remy (left) and an inform Cisse is better than Gouffran imho. There will still be game time for gouffran, but something more attacking could be nice...remy on left on the break could do more damage than gouffran...

We need to know if Cisse can return to former glory...he has scored goals his whole career. I would like us to build him up (if possible) and keep him along with a new shola and remy type.

If we could get any sort of decent fee for him and were willing to spend the money on a replacement I'd move him on.

There's still a decent player in there somewhere but even when he's in form I don't think he's a good fit for what we need as our lone striker in the current system. We need someone who's good with his back to goal and can give us some sort of physical presence up there, which just isn't Cisse's game.

The only way we'll see the best of him again is if we revert to a 4-4-2 and buy a target man to play alongside him. But with our current squad that'll require a massive overhaul of personnel which won't happen, so I'd rather we just shipped Cisse out and brought in someone who's a better fit.

anita being better than cisse yesterday is silly arguing. I know cisse played badly beginning of the season. So five games and its over? You can´t come back into the team?

Im not defending his performances I'm just saying i do believe he can be really good and it might be to early to write him off. Replacing him only means we might have to sign 3 quality strikers the next 2 windows.... O0

If we could get any sort of decent fee for him and were willing to spend the money on a replacement I'd move him on.

There's still a decent player in there somewhere but even when he's in form I don't think he's a good fit for what we need as our lone striker in the current system. We need someone who's good with his back to goal and can give us some sort of physical presence up there, which just isn't Cisse's game.

The only way we'll see the best of him again is if we revert to a 4-4-2 and buy a target man to play alongside him. But with our current squad that'll require a massive overhaul of personnel which won't happen, so I'd rather we just shipped Cisse out and brought in someone who's a better fit.

we are not buying best fit...we are buying the best bargains...

anita being better than cisse yesterday is silly arguing. I know cisse played badly beginning of the season. So five games and its over? You can´t come back into the team?

Im not defending his performances I'm just saying i do believe he can be really good and it might be to early to write him off. Replacing him only means we might have to sign 3 quality strikers the next 2 windows.... O0

Aren't you talking about Cisse having his 1, 2, 3 starts? Can't see why you mention Anita out of nowhere.

And Cisse has been playing badly for months on end, not just the 5 matches you think he will turn it around. I'd be more than happy if he comes back to his first half-season form but he had been given ample opportunities to prove he still has it. He didn't do much much in his recent sub appearances either and continues to be offside. You are being very generous if you think a few consecutive matches will change things when every evidence has been to the contrary.

Just where exactly was the service expected to come from for him? Sissoko running into blind alleys, Gouffran scared to take players on as per, Cabaye knacked, Remy off the boil, Hatem on the bench.

http://elohell.net/public/comments/small/a538b6a284aec54a28f765beb5894473.png

Feel sorry for this guy, obviously lost all confidence and doesn't get the service he needs to build it back up. Pretty much nailed on we won't see him back at his best now. I still think there's a quality player behind that beaten man and wherever he goes he'll be banging them in again, I guaranty it.

Unless Pardew leaves there's no future for him here now.

Yeah, i think i would :cheesy:

A remy (left) and an inform Cisse is better than Gouffran imho. There will still be game time for gouffran, but something more attacking could be nice...remy on left on the break could do more damage than gouffran...

We need to know if Cisse can return to former glory...he has scored goals his whole career. I would like us to build him up (if possible) and keep him along with a new shola and remy type.

You may as well argue to bring Shearer out of retirement. An in form Alan Shearer is better than our entire strikeforce combined!