Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

The only chance we have on the pitch is if we sell our best players, some top logic there.

But you know, words in mouth etc..

The cheek of you saying that.

Not everyone has the same opinion. Been a long time since I gave a fuck about how much we make on sales. It couldn't matter less.

Might as well give up and pack it in. Nothing really matters.

Well, exactly. Is that what gives you joy about NUFC, making money on players?

Cisse is our top scorer by the way, with nearly twice as many goals as anyone else. And he's not in double figures.

The only chance we have on the pitch is if we sell our best players, some top logic there.

Unfortunately under Ashley its the only way we can progress. Plus i never said best players, Tiote and Cisse are far from it. But you know, words in mouth etc..

Cisse is our top and best goal scorer. You've happily said you'd peddle Sissoko too recently.

I'd reckon most would see them as our best or very least two of our most important players.

Tiote probably matters here nor there given his wretched form over the last however many months/years.

Not everyone has the same opinion. Been a long time since I gave a fuck about how much we make on sales. It couldn't matter less.

Cisse is our top scorer by the way, with nearly twice as many goals as anyone else. And he's not in double figures.

What gives me joy is the more money we make the closer Ashley is to leaving.

Not sure what incentive Ashley has to sell if we are making boatloads of money

Unfortunately under Ashley its the only way we can progress. Plus i never said best players, Tiote and Cisse are far from it. But you know, words in mouth etc..

Cisse is our top and best goal scorer. You've happily said you'd peddle Sissoko too recently.

I'd reckon most would see them as our best or very least two of our most important players.

I said £25m for Sissoko is a great price and we should cash in when silly money presents itself. Unfortunately it looks like no one is stupid enough to go that high.

Guest neesy111

That's a backwards statement.  The more money ashley makes the more he is likely to stay.

Clear his debts and the club becomes a very attractive purchase to someone. Right now Ashley would want £300m plus the loan money and no one is going to pay that. If he had his loan paid back and offers start coming in, with the situation at Rangers he'd be out like a shot. He's already hinting at selling the club next year, probably when he thinks we'll have paid him back.

He's never had a decent offer for us, therefore never been tempted to sell, and since its popular opinion he'd sell his mam to make a fiver, then any respectable bid for the club surely will be accepted.

Clear his debts and the club becomes a very attractive purchase to someone. Right now Ashley would want £300m plus the loan money and no one is going to pay that. If he had his loan paid back and offers start coming in, with the situation at Rangers he'd be out like a shot. He's already hinting at selling the club next year, probably when he thinks we'll have paid him back.

Why would he sell though?

He's not short of money and although he's reduced his stake in SD he still remains in control.

From what I've read Ashley is much more a buyer than a seller (of businesses)

If we can get somewhere near £20m for Cisse & Tiote someone needs prison time.

£20m or £2m, what difference does it make at this stage?

The difference between any future players we bring in costing £2m or £20m unfortunately.  As has been shown in the past we refuse to spend our extra revenue.  All we'll spend is what we bring in for players.  Its ridiculous, but its also the way it is under this lot.

He's never had a decent offer for us, therefore never been tempted to sell, and since its popular opinion he'd sell his mam to make a fiver, then any respectable bid for the club surely will be accepted.

He's not short of money and although he's reduced his stake in SD he still remains in control.

He'll sell once the right bid comes in. Especially since Rangers is prime for the taking. He's in the wrong game with us, that money can be better spent else where in a venture more suited to his style.  He can keep Rangers ticking over at a lot less of a risk.

He'll sell once the right bid comes in. Especially since Rangers is prime for the taking. He's in the wrong game with us, that money can be better spent else where in a venture more suited to his style.

Rangers is a waste of time, he can make far more money with us than he can with Rangers.

I think Rangers for him was pure opportunism tbh.

He'll sell once the right bid comes in. Especially since Rangers is prime for the taking. He's in the wrong game with us, that money can be better spent else where in a venture more suited to his style.

Rangers is a waste of time, he can make far more money with us than he can with Rangers.

I think Rangers for him was pure opportunism tbh.

He's one bad decision away from putting us in the Championship, which will cost him big time. Rangers will sit in the prem in europe, sometimes CL without  much of a battle for generations. Rangers is massively low-risk compared to us. He's rode his luck here. Hell, it could still be this season if he doesnt sort a manager out.

I don't understand this loan to Ashley, he bought the club lock stock and barrel which eventually cost him a lot more than he thought due to his own lack of due diligence, Newcastle United owe Ashley nothing

I don't understand this loan to Ashley, he bought the club lock stock and barrel which eventually cost him a lot more than he thought due to his own lack of due diligence, Newcastle United owe Ashley nothing

Incorrect.

He didn't actually clear the debt he in effect bought the debt and paid the bank what was owed.

It was basically a transfer of the debt from the bank to himself.

If only I could believe that to be true. :(

He bought the club and the debt to cover the stadium expansion became repayable. If he hadn't bought the club we'd have been paying interest and a capital repayment over a period of 20 years or so. Possibly £7m pa. So, in this instance, I thing the club benefits from the way Ashley has handled this as long as he takes less than £7m a year and he's taken nothing so far. At least that's my take.