Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Still think it's a total farce we haven't signed any backup at CB. Absolutely guarenteed to cost us points.

:sadnod:

If we had gone that extra fucking mile, we would probably have had the deal done and dusted by now.

Still think it's a total farce we haven't signed any backup at CB. Absolutely guarenteed to cost us points.

total farce may be harsh, a gamble that could easily backfire and should have been guarded against is more likely.

Guest Chubby Jason

total farce may be harsh, a gamble that could easily backfire and should have been guarded against is more likely.

An easily identifiable problem in having 2 fit centre backs with no backup going unsolved is nothing short of a farce.

An easily identifiable problem in having 2 fit centre backs with no backup going unsolved is nothing short of a farce.

Norwich game says hi.

The extra the wanted is basically worth a single place in the league for prize money. If we need to play Perch for more than a handful of games then we'll slip.

I can totally understand not being held to ransom over transfers. If a club is taking the piss and wanting far more money than the player is worth then we need to keep on walking away....But if we're talking a few hundred grand then we need to bite the bullet and pay. Had it been a few million on a big transfer then fair enough - this is (relative) peanuts. :hmm:

To be fair if the club really do have one (or two) of the players we've seen mentioned lined up to come in during the summer then I can understand the reluctance to not waste cash on a centre back now. It could effectively be £2 million down the drain if whoever we buy is immediately fourth or fifth choice in six months time.

I do think it's daft the club have decided the loan market is a waste of time and money mind.

we don't have 2 fit centre halves.

Guest VaVaVoom

Get a grip man.

Quality striker in and we havent lost ANY of our key players like SO many people on here predicted.

Obviously it is a risk not getting a CB but im glad we are not being held ransom and payin over the odds for shite.

Pretty decent window iyam.

Asked after the game about Mariappa, Dyche said: “I will tell you one thing – exceptional. To see someone have a day like him, although it is not over yet, with friends and agents ringing him, to see his focus tonight shows what he is – an immaculate professional.

“There is an hour, one minute and 20 seconds left of the transfer window but I don’t know and I’m not watching the clock at all.”

Get a grip man.

Quality striker in and we havent lost ANY of our key players like SO many people on here predicted.

Obviously it is a risk not getting a CB but im glad we are not being held ransom and payin over the odds for shite.

Pretty decent window iyam.

Just a bit ;D

The one problem that has been obvious for months, yet we've sat there and done nothing.

This is why I couldn't understand people tripping over each other to shove themselves up Ashley's hoop when we signed Cisse. At least wait until the window "closes" to see what sort of monstrous fuck-up he makes in an attempt to penny pinch, because there's always one. Constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If he played every week, Perch will lose us more points than the strikers gain us because it's so easy to pick him off in the air, possibly starting tomorrow.

The extra the wanted is basically worth a single place in the league for prize money. If we need to play Perch for more than a handful of games then we'll slip.

I can totally understand not being held to ransom over transfers. If a club is taking the piss and wanting far more money than the player is worth then we need to keep on walking away....But if we're talking a few hundred grand then we need to bite the bullet and pay. Had it been a few million on a big transfer then fair enough - this is (relative) peanuts. :hmm:

To be fair if the club really do have one (or two) of the players we've seen mentioned lined up to come in during the summer then I can understand the reluctance to not waste cash on a centre back now. It could effectively be £2 million down the drain if whoever we buy is immediately fourth or fifth choice in six months time.

I do think it's daft the club have decided the loan market is a waste of time and money mind.

Fair point :thup:

Just hope not signing an CB doesn't cost us.

Asked after the game about Mariappa, Dyche said: “I will tell you one thing – exceptional. To see someone have a day like him, although it is not over yet, with friends and agents ringing him, to see his focus tonight shows what he is – an immaculate professional.

“There is an hour, one minute and 20 seconds left of the transfer window but I don’t know and I’m not watching the clock at all.”

Still some life in this?

Guest neesy111

This is why I couldn't understand people tripping over each other to shove themselves up Ashley's hoop when we signed Cisse. At least wait until the window "closes" to see what sort of monstrous fuck-up he makes in an attempt to penny pinch, because there's always one. Constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If he played every week, Perch will lose us more points than the strikers gain us because it's so easy to pick him off in the air, possibly starting tomorrow.

Aye.  I watched Perch in that West Brom game and his marking for the 2nd goal is stuff I'd expect 10 year olds to be better at.

once again the powers that be are taking a massive gamble by not singing a centre half.

We knew in december that steven taylor would be out for the rest of the season. We then saw what happens if we have to rely on perch and danny simpson at centre back.

And despite all we do is make a half-arsed attempt to sign someone.

With the singing of Cisse and the fact we've not lost any of our stars, this transfer window has been better than I ever expected but the failure to bring in a centre-half has still really pissed me off.

Fair point :thup:

Just hope not signing an CB doesn't cost us.

Me too :lol: