sunderland

JH

Why would you want to see a great club like Coventry destroyed. No matter how much I slate them I would want sunderland to go under.

do you mean would not ?

if so then I agree, local rivalries are good and even better when the neighbours are like them. on the rare occasions they finish ahead of us, normally 2 or 3 times every couple of decades, it's always by a point or so, so when they go overboard about it it's all the better when we blast them out the water when normal service is returned. we really should thank them for making things so constantly easy for us.

To be fair to the mackems, racism at our ground was terrible and looking back at it, something should have been done to stop it.  I don't think our fans were racist away from football, at the match it was a case of anything goes if it put the opposition players off.

I went to the match with a black lad and it was embarrassing, especially as some of our other mates would scream insults at black players.

To be fair to the mackems, racism at our ground was terrible and looking back at it, something should have been done to stop it.  I don't think our fans were racist away from football, at the match it was a case of anything goes if it put the opposition players off.

I went to the match with a black lad and it was embarrassing, especially as some of our other mates would scream insults at black players.

would you say it was worse at SJP than roker park or both as bad as each other ?

To be fair to the mackems, racism at our ground was terrible and looking back at it, something should have been done to stop it. I don't think our fans were racist away from football, at the match it was a case of anything goes if it put the opposition players off.

it was.

some were , and some not . Racism was the norm for many people in 70s 80s North Tyneside.

it was.

some were , and some not . Racism was the norm for many people in 70s 80s North Tyneside.

I can honestly say that I never looked at a persons colour and thought of them being better or worse than anyone else and I lived in North Tyneside in the 70's.

Obviously some people would have been racist, you get ignorant people in all walks of life.  I knew quite a few people who were giulty of racism at the match but were totally different in normal everyday life.

Guest johnson293

Totalsport had another good one this evening.

They were talking about the Wigan tickets, and how they (Wigan) said we couldn't have any more for 'safety reasons'.

Gawy Bennet then piped up saying 'Sunderland once took 14,000 fans down to Wigan, when they were in the championship', and some supporter had allegedly sent the pic into them?!

Mackems taking 14,000...to Wigan?

Totalsport had another good one this evening.

They were talking about the Wigan tickets, and how they (Wigan) said we couldn't have any more for 'safety reasons'.

Gawy Bennet then piped up saying 'Sunderland once took 14,000 fans down to Wigan, when they were in the championship', and some supporter had allegedly sent the pic into them?!

Mackems taking 14,000...to Wigan?

It's the Mackem multiplier in effect once more e.g. 7,000 down to Goodison in 09/10 season instead of the pesky official figure of 619.

To be fair to the mackems, racism at our ground was terrible and looking back at it, something should have been done to stop it. I don't think our fans were racist away from football, at the match it was a case of anything goes if it put the opposition players off.

it was.

Aye, casual racism was rife in the 80's when I was growing up, think the majority was just ignorance but there was always dodgy "jokes" and the like doing the rounds. Was just widely accepted - embarrassing as fuck looking back...

Bringing up an article from 2006 is really hitting new lows.  I suppose they can't have much to gloat for now that they've realise we have a better team, more fans and probably a better manager.  Its just as well you tube wasn't around when they beat us 9-1....:)

Bringing up an article from 2006 about an incident in 1985 is really hitting new lows.

FYP

Can I also point out that there was once a thread on SMB entitled "Friday fit birds: Black girls" which was pulled for, well, very predictable reasons.

In 1985? in 1996? Nope, about 3 hours ago...

Garth Crooks has a massive chip on his shoulder about the colour of his skin,i'm not a racist but a lot of the time they seem to have a problem with their colour,not us,just my opinion like.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=695418&page=7#ixzz1tGPWzv2o

Classic rtg. Textbook.

That thread is hard work like, love the way that Bristow bloke dismisses acts of Sunderland racism by asking for a fucking article. Thankfully most on there accept that Newcastle were not the only club with a racist element.

By fuck there is still racism in football and probably always will be. I was quite ashamed when I was in the pub watch Swansea/Cardiff in Swansea, everytime a black cardiff player touched the ball the jeers from segments in the pub were louder. A friend and I were standing next to two black fellas, I felt awful even though I had nothing to do with the chanting and jeers including monkey chants.

Sunderland footballer Lee Cattermole has accepted a conditional caution for damaging five vehicles in Newcastle.

The Premier League midfielder will also reimburse owners affected by his actions in Stowell Street on 6 December.

The 24-year-old, from Ponteland, was originally charged with five instances of criminal damage.

So even their club captain wont live in/near their 'city'. :lol:

He was completely off his face in The Diamond last weekend apparently. Acting like a dick, could barely stand and seemed to have very large pupils. What *cough* drink makes your pupils so big?

Be careful if you have to park your car at Close House anytime, the arsehole spends a lot of time there too.

Guest johnson293

Bizarre, official nufc v wafc match thread on rtg, no safc v bwfc one though.

From that thread...

"I'm past caring about them getting 4th (I know they will).

I'm now just a massive Chelsea fan on May 19th.

Mind, knowing those Mag bastards, they'll probably get 3rd now and scupper that hope."

#MackemLogic