sunderland

JH

I would kill to be in Europe-and next year's Europa has some cracking teams in it- but I would rather build to a position, over a few more years, where it can become an established thign rather than a one off. Far too many one-offs in our history. Much rather slowly and steadily earn an established place in the op 6 over time than rush for one more season of memories only to not experience it again for a generation as we bankrupted ourselves to get there.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699343&page=19#ixzz1uvbp67UY

I'm sure Southampton have the same feeling this year after just getting promoted from League 1 last season, too much too soon, somebody else can go up instead

I would kill to be in Europe-and next year's Europa has some cracking teams in it- but I would rather build to a position, over a few more years, where it can become an established thign rather than a one off. Far too many one-offs in our history. Much rather slowly and steadily earn an established place in the op 6 over time than rush for one more season of memories only to not experience it again for a generation as we bankrupted ourselves to get there.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699343&page=19#ixzz1uvbp67UY

:lol:

Once again, I hate it when people talk about the finances of a football club as if they have any idea whatsoever. Granted, they release some info, but even then it takes a lot for people to understand the numbers.

I enjoy the serious tone to this post, as though it's under the guise of someone who has a clue.

Of course, beyond the bitterness, the obvious implication which underlies it all is that Sunderland are going to finish in the top 6 in the next 10 years, let alone 3. :lol:

Manager of the season...

So, hang on a minute...we apparently sold the spine of our team, were everyones nailed on relegation chumps as we signed "unknown players", finished just outside a the champs league places all the while never falling below 7th in the league.  Also picking up some cracking stats, like clean sheets etc.

But they think that Rogers or Lambert should get it??

We must just be THAT lucky.

I don't really understand the Lambert and Rodgers BEST MANAGERS THIS SEASON shouts like, they finished 12th and 11th respectively ffs. The same positions as us and West Brom in our first season back last year. Birmingham finished 9th the year before, the year before that Stoke finished 12th.

It's not uncommon that a manager will guide a newly promoted club to a respectable league position.

I don't really understand the Lambert and Rodgers BEST MANAGERS THIS SEASON shouts like, they finished 12th and 11th respectively ffs. The same positions as us and West Brom in our first season back last year. Birmingham finished 9th the year before, the year before that Stoke finished 12th.

It's not uncommon that a manager will guide a newly promoted club to a respectable league position.

Don't understand all the love in for Rodgers. But Lambert has done a great job seeing as his team were in League 1 two years ago.

Still, not better than Pards.

Guest johnson293

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=12586018&postcount=190

Dear me.

Parboo has got reasonable results from players who haven't been bought in for buttons despite the way its been spun by his mates in the media. The bloke is a smug, wizard's sleeve of the highest order who seems to enjoy success early on in the jobs he's had but then loses his way rapidly once he can't emulate this success if his track record is owt to go on. He's also a poster boy for the media, can't think why, and plays up to the cameras and the barcodes in the most shockingly vulgar manner possible. "52,000 screaming jawdees" ffs. This for me has loads to do with why he got the manager awards rather than Roberts or Lambert who have done more, arguabley, with less resources and a hell of a lot less publicity and media attention blowing smoke up their arses. But that wouldn't suit the media/Sky agenda of playing up the 'barcelona of the north'.

Their keeper has got them at least 18 points this season with some stand out performances when they've been getting battered, as defensively they've looked piss weak at times. I watched the Wigan game on Sky, but the amount of games they've had televised this season you could've picked a few (but it just us 'paranoid' Sunderland fans who think that the media's got a hard on for the mags), and they were all over the mags and Krull saved them time after time that game.

Ba, a lad who was a injury waiting to happen, has managed to stay fit and score goals in the first half of the season and they added to this by bringing in a confident player who was thrown straight into the team and just continued doing what he'd been doing in Germany. Cisse's performances have nowt to do with any coaching/managing skill from Parboo imho and the wankfest Parboo has been spouting since his signing has been cringeworthy.

Strangley though they've never scored more than 3 goals a game in the league, yet have had 5 and 4 put past them twice. Their home form has been good but they only seem to shine against the teams who finished at the bottom of the table and against us were average, bar a free kick when Brucey was at the helm and some shocking refereeing at the tip. Stinkers.

There's a good chance that at least 2 of these 3 won't be at the SDA next season along with others according to the 'Melted Messiah', once Real, Citee and all the other CL teams start calling.

Nee doubt the unwashed will be believing Big Mike when the Chronicle reports that he will be reinvesting any money he makes back into the squad as always!

For me they've had key players do well in a couple of positions, a big slice of luck both in terms of injuries and refereeing decisions going for them and a consistent run when most other teams, including those who finished above them, all had drops in form. Nothing extravagent, nothing spectacular, just consistent. Aded to that Senegal got knocked out of the ACoN early. I honestly expected that at some point they would implode and was surprised they didn't but next season is a different animal.

Nee sour grapes, they exceed what I expected from the horrible fuckers but without a head start like Brucey gave them this year things will be different next time around.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=12586018&postcount=190

Dear me.

Parboo has got reasonable results from players who haven't been bought in for buttons despite the way its been spun by his mates in the media. The bloke is a smug, wizard's sleeve of the highest order who seems to enjoy success early on in the jobs he's had but then loses his way rapidly once he can't emulate this success if his track record is owt to go on. He's also a poster boy for the media, can't think why, and plays up to the cameras and the barcodes in the most shockingly vulgar manner possible. "52,000 screaming jawdees" ffs. This for me has loads to do with why he got the manager awards rather than Roberts or Lambert who have done more, arguabley, with less resources and a hell of a lot less publicity and media attention blowing smoke up their arses. But that wouldn't suit the media/Sky agenda of playing up the 'barcelona of the north'.

Their keeper has got them at least 18 points this season with some stand out performances when they've been getting battered, as defensively they've looked piss weak at times. I watched the Wigan game on Sky, but the amount of games they've had televised this season you could've picked a few (but it just us 'paranoid' Sunderland fans who think that the media's got a hard on for the mags), and they were all over the mags and Krull saved them time after time that game.

Ba, a lad who was a injury waiting to happen, has managed to stay fit and score goals in the first half of the season and they added to this by bringing in a confident player who was thrown straight into the team and just continued doing what he'd been doing in Germany. Cisse's performances have nowt to do with any coaching/managing skill from Parboo imho and the wankfest Parboo has been spouting since his signing has been cringeworthy.

Strangley though they've never scored more than 3 goals a game in the league, yet have had 5 and 4 put past them twice. Their home form has been good but they only seem to shine against the teams who finished at the bottom of the table and against us were average, bar a free kick when Brucey was at the helm and some shocking refereeing at the tip. Stinkers.

There's a good chance that at least 2 of these 3 won't be at the SDA next season along with others according to the 'Melted Messiah', once Real, Citee and all the other CL teams start calling.

Nee doubt the unwashed will be believing Big Mike when the Chronicle reports that he will be reinvesting any money he makes back into the squad as always!

For me they've had key players do well in a couple of positions, a big slice of luck both in terms of injuries and refereeing decisions going for them and a consistent run when most other teams, including those who finished above them, all had drops in form. Nothing extravagent, nothing spectacular, just consistent. Aded to that Senegal got knocked out of the ACoN early. I honestly expected that at some point they would implode and was surprised they didn't but next season is a different animal.

Nee sour grapes, they exceed what I expected from the horrible fuckers but without a head start like Brucey gave them this year things will be different next time around.

:dowiespin:

:lol: :lol:

Sigh, it cant be luck if you spend all season in the TOP 7 and then within a few games could have actually finished 3rd, al be it we ran out of steam and came 5th.

That is not luck.  :lol: