sunderland

JH

So looks like they're getting Fletcher and Johnson. Decent players, will definitely improve them.

Shame that for the same kind of money we got Cabaye, Ba, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Anita, Santon, Gosling, Marveaux and Obertan

Top value-for-money scouting MON!

To be fair I'd pay that kind of money to get rid of Obertan...

Johnson's still a bit of an unknown entity. Who knows how much he's stagnated in City's reserves? It's happened before with other players in similar situations; we know more about that than most.

Where Liverpool's mega-spunking is just plain over-valuation of players, what Sunderland have done is pure 'panic fees' iyam.

Not frightened by either of those signings tbh.

Guest fraser

Johnson has been promoted to Head Office, didn't reach the mark and then has been sent back to one of the smaller branches where he might cope better. Many backward steps for him, be interesting to see how he copes.

So looks like they're getting Fletcher and Johnson. Decent players, will definitely improve them.

Shame that for the same kind of money we got Cabaye, Ba, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Anita, Santon, Gosling, Marveaux and Obertan

Top value-for-money scouting MON!

Those two alone will cost way more than half the cost of our first choice eleven ffs. :lol:

Gonna be totally honest here. Fletcher is a good buy i think, albeit an expensive one. Johnson has been quality all times i've seen him, looking a real threat every time.

Hopefully he has stagnated while not playing for city..

Johnsons the first one i imagine could help them step it up a bit attacking wise, Fletchers a good player but not one you'd expect to take them up a level. He's a decent striker, 6-7m decent though nowhere near 15m or whatever nonsense theyve paid.

Frankly, their team still looks underwhelming as whole.  Certainly doesn't look like one that will tear up trees.  Upper Midtable is their ceiling.

Im sure people were saying that about us last season.........................

Not saying they will emulate us btw.

Guest Geordiesned

Just seen O'Neill saying about Fletcher "He's underrated, but not by me!'

No shit. £14,000,000. :lol:

Aye heard that on Total Sport on the way home. Best thing about it is the thick Mackems lap it up. :lol:

Frankly, their team still looks underwhelming as whole.  Certainly doesn't look like one that will tear up trees.  Upper Midtable is their ceiling.

Im sure people were saying that about us last season.........................

Not saying they will emulate us btw.

people were saying that about us last season but they were people who didn't really have a clue about cabaye, who didn't really have a clue about Ba, people who still had colo down as the mug from the relegation season. the same people that had barton and nolan down as our most important players when the vast majority on here didn't even have nolan in the starting XI as soon as we'd signed cabaye.

Guest bimpy474

Their problem is they have zero creatitivty in the middle of the park.

Well if you discount Catts who is like Zico.

Guest bimpy474

...if Zico had the mighty powers of Olympus in the tip of his penis alone, then you might be able to compare.

I did just disgrace the mighty Catts with such a poor comparison didn't i.

Jack Colback is actually a decent Premiership midfield player, which is as good as it gets for them (in the centre of midfield).