sunderland

JH

What is with them thinking Santon is shit?

Fair enough he is slightly overrated on here, but mackems would have you believe he is the second coming of Stimson

What is with them thinking Santon is s***?

Fair enough he is slightly overrated on here, but mackems would have you believe he is the second coming of Stimson

they'd never heard of him before, hence he's shit (see also cabaye,tiote etc when they first came, the same thing also works in the media).

don't think he is overrated on here at the minute, everyones just pleased he's coming along nicely, it does have the potential to go ott should he have a good next season though.

Guest BooBoo

The bitterness has just sent them quite insane the last few months. Pardew, Cabaye, Tiote, Colo, our style of football, our stadium, the Bobby Robson statue. They've all derided that lot as SHITE over the last few weeks despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary.

The 'Santon is shite' train of thought is just absolute nonsense. For the howler he had against Arsenal I can think of 3 or 4 now where you could easily say he was our man of the match and the majority of his other appearances were solid performances.

For a 21 year old in a new country, of a nationality that often struggles abroad he's had a good first season.

The 'Santon is s****' train of thought is just absolute nonsense. For the howler he had against Arsenal I can think of 3 or 4 now where you could easily say he was our man of the match and plenty other solid performances.

For a 21 year old in a new country, of a nationality that often struggles abroad he's had a good first season.

Indeed. Thought he was class against City too, on both sides he played.

Santon was probably our MOTM against City ffs ( if not then it was Colo for me) in any case can anyone think of any bad performances defensively? that 45 mins against Arsenal aside? because i certaintly cant.....

If he was doing for us but for them they would be wanking themselves silly :lol:

Phil Bardsley? :spit:

Phil Bardlsey second in their POTY award after winning it last year. Fuck me, how grim.  :lol:

They'll always prefer graft over craft. That's why their heroes are Kevin Ball, John Kay etc.

A crunching tackle gets a standing ovation as much as a genuine piece of quality football.

He was fucking lifting against Fulham like. Been class pretty much since the Arsenal game though, still not an absolute rock but he seems to be becoming more and more a part of our defensive unit. His offensive qualities shouldn't even need to be metnioned, he's fucking class going forward.

He was f***ing lifting against Fulham like. Been class pretty much since the Arsenal game though, still not an absolute rock but he seems to be becoming more and more a part of our defensive unit. His offensive qualities shouldn't even need to be metnioned, he's f***ing class going forward.

I usually ignore the Fulham game because everyone was falling apart and its hard for a 21 yr old foreign fullback in his first season to look good when everyone around him is falling apart.....

So i find it unfair to single him out for a bad performance, the first half against Arsenal is the only game where i have felt " Ok he was bad there".