sunderland

JH

Cabaye has been the best midfielder in the NE by a fair few miles man :lol: Only Tiote could challenge him, but he hasn't played enough games because of injury and ACON. Cabaye is so far ahead of anything the mackems or smoggies got in midfield it's almost embarrassing :lol:

The problem here is quite simple - you need to take out about half of our wins because they actually didn't happen - or at least we didn't win we just outscored our opponents - apparently.

Taking this new lower points total and compare that to all the games Sunderland dominated and therefore won, on paper (and in their heads).  Now the league looks very different. 

Next, ignore the bad start they had and the worse end of the season, only count the short spell just following the arrival of their new manager, use that as a benchmark for how the entire season would have unfolded and there you have it mackems are Champions League contenders and we stayed up by the skin of our scrotums....

Guest Wally_McFool

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699150

Why are they laughing at Cabaye's inclusion?

You have to make  allowances for their lack of knowledge.

Cabaye's pass to Cisse against Stoke was the type of pass not seen at Sunderland since the days of Raich Carter so they simply do not know about the quality of this sort of thing.

Mackems probably see that goal as a Cabaye "hoof" into an empty space and that Cisse was lucky enough to be running in the right direction and mishit his shot.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699150

Why are they laughing at Cabaye's inclusion?

You have to make  allowances for their lack of knowledge.

Cabaye's pass to Cisse against Stoke was the type of pass not seen at Sunderland since the days of Raich Carter so they simply do not know about the quality of this sort of thing.

Mackems probably see that goal as a Cabaye "hoof" into an empty space and that Cisse was lucky enough to be running in the right direction and mishit his shot.

'Hoof into empty space' :lol: like it

Ah, I'd say Bent was an excellent goalscorer for them in the couple of seasons he was there, but that's a bit like saying Bellamy was brilliant in that season at Blackburn or whoever.  So what?  As in players I rate that you'd predominately associate with Sunderland, I'm struggling after Phillips.

How can any set of fans look at Cabaye and say he's shit? And they can't seem to get it into their heads that yes Ben Arfa wasn't exactly top notch at the beginning of the season but the past few months his talent has come through.

Surely they must also see why Cisse is being picked in front of Ba. They are harping on that he's only played half a season, well Ba has only been excellent for just over half a season. Cisse and HBA are the biggest reasons why we are still in the hunt for a CL spot. Fucking numpties.

How can any set of fans look at Cabaye and say he's shit? And they can't seem to get it into their heads that yes Ben Arfa wasn't exactly top notch at the beginning of the season but the past few months his talent has come through.

Surely they must also see why Cisse is being picked in front of Ba. They are harping on that he's only played half a season, well Ba has only been excellent for just over half a season. Cisse and HBA are the biggest reasons why we are still in the hunt for a CL spot. Fucking numpties.

With Ben Arfa, you have to remember that he was injured for the first few games of the season, and then he had to work really hard to get his fitness back after being out for that long. It's not like Pardew kept him out of the team for the first half of the season just because he was shite or owt like that.

Guest johnson293

Potato heed has done an interview with the Belfast Telegraph, which I doubt is gonna go down well...

However, he repeated his strong views on his international allegiance, claiming that any Catholic who played for Northern Ireland couldn't possibly feel comfortable lining out at Windsor Park.

"I think any Catholic would be lying if they said they did feel at home, seeing all those flags (Union Jacks) and hearing the songs and chants. For me, I didn't feel a part of it (when he played for Northern Ireland at underage level).

"It's probably the wrong thing to say, but it was just a stepping stone in my career. When I signed for Sunderland, my dream of playing for Ireland became realistic."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/james-mcclean-determined-to-be-in-republics-starting-xi-at-euro-2012-16157328.html#ixzz1uYyKT2Pk

:idiot2:

Apparently O'Neill isn't happy about him doing this interview, either.