sunderland

JH

He's a bigoted cunt, just as bad as the people giving him sectarian abuse.

Constantly taunting Northern Ireland fans, his twitter of him pic holding that "You are now entering free derry" thing.  He loved winding people up.

Getting slated by the press already.

For someone whose career has gone forward so quickly it's a shame James McClean's views remain stuck in the past. It seems he doesn't want NI to move forward because it suits him to hold on to antiquated views.

Spot on.  It's people with bigoted views like him that try to keep the country stuck in the past, and he's effectively encouraging other catholics not to play for Northern Ireland.

Originally Posted by Usha Dup

Well it is. Unfortunately you seem to be one of these blinkered Sunderland fans.

McClean has had very very quiet spells, and exciting games. Ben Arfa too. Ben Arfa has scored some wonderful goals. Very similar.

Any way, I think its time you stopped judging players by who kept them out of the side. Like I say, Larsson kept McClean out of our side for half the season, but he's not a better left winger. Managers make mistakes, but to be fair they were winning/drawing every week, so why should they have changed it.

Originally Posted by Dexter

Yes, I realise Ben Arfa is an extremely talented player and someone who would walk into our side, but it's a team of the SEASON, not who is the most talented player; otherwise you'd have no one from Boro or Hartlepool in that side.

Statistically, Larsson has had a far better season than Ben Arfa.

Originally Posted by Usha Dup

So should we take McClean out then?

Originally Posted by rocky

Different situation, McClean wouldn't be in our side of Bruce was still manager. Ben Arfa was seen as a risk by Pardew earlier in the season.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699150&page=4#ixzz1uZDFYI4P

Mackem Logic indeed :lol:

Potato heed has done an interview with the Belfast Telegraph, which I doubt is gonna go down well...

However, he repeated his strong views on his international allegiance, claiming that any Catholic who played for Northern Ireland couldn't possibly feel comfortable lining out at Windsor Park.

"I think any Catholic would be lying if they said they did feel at home, seeing all those flags (Union Jacks) and hearing the songs and chants. For me, I didn't feel a part of it (when he played for Northern Ireland at underage level).

"It's probably the wrong thing to say, but it was just a stepping stone in my career. When I signed for Sunderland, my dream of playing for Ireland became realistic."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/james-mcclean-determined-to-be-in-republics-starting-xi-at-euro-2012-16157328.html#ixzz1uYyKT2Pk

:idiot2:

Apparently O'Neill isn't happy about him doing this interview, either.

a simple no comment would have done :lol:

Potato heed has done an interview with the Belfast Telegraph, which I doubt is gonna go down well...

However, he repeated his strong views on his international allegiance, claiming that any Catholic who played for Northern Ireland couldn't possibly feel comfortable lining out at Windsor Park.

"I think any Catholic would be lying if they said they did feel at home, seeing all those flags (Union Jacks) and hearing the songs and chants. For me, I didn't feel a part of it (when he played for Northern Ireland at underage level).

"It's probably the wrong thing to say, but it was just a stepping stone in my career. When I signed for Sunderland, my dream of playing for Ireland became realistic."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/james-mcclean-determined-to-be-in-republics-starting-xi-at-euro-2012-16157328.html#ixzz1uYyKT2Pk

:idiot2:

Apparently O'Neill isn't happy about him doing this interview, either.

a simple no comment would have done :lol:

Manages to stomach living in the home of the union flag though; the bell. This sectatianism is a foolish business.

Yeah, Phillips and that's it. :lol: Fucking hell.

The fact Phillips is arguably their best player by some distance in recent times tells it's own story. He had that brilliant first season in the Premier League, followed it up with a good season (14 league goals) and was then no more than distinctly average after that.

McClean has been 'sensational' for them where as HBA has been average for us. I just LOVE their non biased views.

And some of you are complete morons. Amount of games that a player has featured in doesn't come into question when looking at stats. Pfft, amateurs!

22 PL games (19 starts), 5 goals and 2 assists mclean

25 PL games (15 starts) 5 goals and 5 assists hba

aye, mclean really has been tearing it up hasn't he?  same goals and assists as HBA in 4 more starting appearances

McClean has been 'sensational' for them where as HBA has been average for us. I just LOVE their non biased views.

And some of you are complete morons. Amount of games that a player has featured in doesn't come into question when looking at stats. Pfft, amateurs!

22 PL games (19 starts), 5 goals and 2 assists mclean

25 PL games (15 starts) 5 goals and 5 assists hba

aye, mclean really has been tearing it up hasn't he?  same goals and assists as HBA in 4 more starting appearances

Not only that but.....

Ben Arfa is a clearly superior footballer to anyone with their sight still vaguely serving them.

Also, McClean appears to be spectacularly stupid.

Are Sunderland fans this reclusive to the idea of any sort of good player joining their team (hence they completely overrate their own side), or is it just because he plays for Newcastle?

More selective memory from the macKKKems:

Anybody else read this in the Sun

This morning

"The worst racism I ever received was at Sunderland. Every time I touched the ball I heard the monkey chants . That was 20 years ago "

Replies….

Don't remember out like that happening

If he's talking about the cup game then he's telling porkies.

i hope bennett gets in touch to put him straight (so to speak) about this slander on safc fans

I think Campbell has made this up to be honest.

Don't recall it and I cannot say it's ever been mentioned in the last 20 years - so I think he is telling porkies.

And the piece de racistance….

I don't get why calling black people monkeys is racist. Do they eat lots of bananas or something?

All here – until it’s inevitable deletion.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699313

Falling over themselves to excuse McClean's idiocy too. Classy, classy, classy…..