sunderland

JH

Hats off, O'Neill is doing excellently there.

You can see though it's all down to his man management. The way they play, there really is very little to be intimidated by. Sessegnon and maybe McClean is all they have who you'd expect to cause problems running at players. The rest are mostly just varying degrees of cloggers.

They've infinitely improved from the end of Bruce's reign (not sure it could have got worse) and with a mixture of O'Neill's management, renewed belief and a fair few lucky moments, they've put together an excellent run. Question remains how they'll cope when a few things eventually start going against them.

Keep expecting the honeymoon period to end and for O'Neill to start coming in and annoying the players by having a shit when they are brushing their teeth (that's how it works ion my house anyway).  They're keeping it going though and he has to take credit for that.

That said i'd fancy the demba's against Turner - he's hideous

Hats off, O'Neill is doing excellently there.

You can see though it's all down to his man management. The way they play, there really is very little to be intimidated by. Sessegnon and maybe McClean is all they have who you'd expect to cause problems running at players. The rest are mostly just varying degrees of cloggers.

They've infinitely improved from the end of Bruce's reign (not sure it could have got worse) and with a mixture of O'Neill's management, renewed belief and a fair few lucky moments, they've put together an excellent run. Question remains how they'll cope when a few things eventually start going against them.

Yes, it's a bit of a worry. They're playing with so much more energy than before. All in the mind, and O'Neill has proved in the past that he can be excellent at instilling confidence in his teams.

I thought that he might be over the hill, in the sense of finding it difficult to motivate himself for a challenge like this, when the top jobs seemed to have passed him by. Looks like that's not the case.

aye, he's doing a cracking job motivating the players and they're on a great run. hopefully they come down to earth with a bump against arsenal at the weekend but hat's off to o'neill because he seems to have gave them confidence and belief. i can imagine their squad morale with agent bruce would have been at the same sort of level we had here when allardyce was dragging the team down, and i think had bruce still been in charge that they would have probably been serious relegation candidates.

but either sides form counts for fuck all in the derby and i hope the demba's tear them a new one

Guest johnson293

Just heard that Football Focus is from the sos this weekend and they're quizzing Sunderland as to why they have so much litter on the pitch :lol: 

Aye, on last saturdays FF, Alan Shearer was on, and they siad they'd be at the SoS, and asked him if he'd be there...

"erm, no." was his blunt answer.  :D

Guest Roger Kint

Is this true? Just been on radio that the mackems are now on their longest cup run in 8 years?

Also based on the majority of their dribblings on FB the aim of this competition is to out last NUFC and not win another 4 games......

Guest johnson293

Is this true? Just been on radio that the mackems are now on their longest cup run in 8 years?

Also based on the majority of their dribblings on FB the aim of this competition is to out last NUFC and not win another 4 games......

Aye, beaten in the semi-final in 2004..... by Millwall.

Guest Roger Kint

Just realised we havent been in thr 5th round ourselves since 2006. Thats pisspoor tbh

by a tim cahill goal if i remember rightly.

nice sunny day it was too

Guest johnson293

just remembered that badly laid out banner they had at MON's first game

'our FTM season starts here'

Mackems?.... Badly laid out banners?.... Shirley not??!!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230082_169050156489383_109099755817757_423014_2561790_n.jpg

just remembered that badly laid out banner they had at MON's first game

'our FTM season starts here'

Mackems?.... Badly laid out banners?.... Shirley not??!!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230082_169050156489383_109099755817757_423014_2561790_n.jpg

Years ago I played a Sunday cup tie against a team in sundlund and we went back to some working mens club in one of the many dingy, run down, nondescript council estates which make up their "city".

In pride of place behind the bar was a photo of some inbred half wits in R&W shirts with a banner, taken outside the Newcastle Arms and looking like they'd just reached the south pole or somewhere. Thing was you could tell by the light that the picture must have been taken at sunrise. They'd made a special trip there in the middle of the night to get their trophy photograph. No wonder they're known as the saddest fans in football.