sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Stopped after the second page. It was like walking in on a bunch of middle aged men arguing over a pile of shit in their allotment.

It gets much better mind. Threats of legal action for asking if a sweet shop is open.....

He he, which insult came first, SMB or FTM??

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=672147

:idiot2:

interesting post in there that we are apparently p*ssed off that they have started using SMB to mean sunderland message board, he really should ask why they've adopted the term 'mackem' which had always been  an insult. literally like calling someone a t*** then they adopt it as their name.

On this, I remember Billy Connolly doing one of his "Tour of Britain" type programmes from here and he was in the tower of the Tyne Bridge and pointed out graffiti saying "so-and-so's a mackem", then explained how proud so-and-so must have been of blunderland's shipbuilding heritage to have written that about himself, because it came from the war when they said to each other "we mackem, they attack 'em", then gave an admiring little sigh to camera.

I exploded in about 15 different directions and still haven't properly calmed down at the sheer wrongness of everything about that bit of propaganda, although I will accept that Billy didn't know what he was talking about. IF he corrects the error through a megaphone on every public appearance he ever makes in future. And in an open letter published in all newspapers. Can't say fairer than that.

Also remember an ep of Balderdash & Piffle (the entomology* programme with the lovely bit of posh Victoria Coren) where they could only date it back to the 80s in writing and some jerk (Mike Harding?) presented the bit, also suggesting they invented it. Ffs it's obviously from us cos they talk funny cos they never went to skowul. The losers even had it as an option when they were flapping about for a new nickname but went for the pussies instead. Jeez, what a fiasco that was.

*Tee-hee, my little joke

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wrong_superhero.png

f***ing hell :D

Highlight for me:

Okay watch your letter box.

Pure gold!

How thick is that guy, my word!

If you can make it to page 14 it turns out that the guy threating  letter boxes has previously incorrectly stated that another Sunderland bar is shutting down

haha, i know, i had to read the whole thing, was so fascinating.

Felt like i was a scientist doing research on a tribe located in a far corner of the world, everything is so strange at RTG.

f***ing hell :D

Highlight for me:

Okay watch your letter box.

Pure gold!

How thick is that guy, my word!

I think that's the craziest thread I've read in my life. Some classics in there. I got to page 11, Kingdom Bhoy surely must be trolling?

that thread is exactly what a conversation with vicky toon was like.

This forum is so neat, and well organised when it comes to threads.

RTG had 4 threads about the "Smoke bomb" at the Riverside man.  :lol:

I honestly believe they will have had more threads about attendances than thier average gate.

I honestly believe they will have had more threads about attendances than thier average gate.

;D

The excuses they come up with for their piss poor gates are so funny too and have covered everything, TV,weather,economics,demographics,transport links etc etc.

;D

The excuses they come up with for their p*ss poor gates are so funny too and have covered everything, TV,weather,economics,demographics,transport links etc etc.

deaths and irishmen were my favourites.

EveningChron Evening Chronicle

by MsiDouglas

Breaking. #SAFC stars Nicklas Bendtner and Lee Cattermole charged after cars were allegedly vandalised in Newcastle. Story to follow.

:giggs:

:lol:

Received minimal/zero coverage on yesterday's north east TV news.

Unlike a certain young reserve of ours who gets his own camera team following him to court, it seems they took it easy on Sunderland's club captain and international centre forward.