sunderland

JH

You know, this Fletcher chase for them seems to be going on for weeks, but if he passed me in the street I genuinely wouldn't have the foggiest idea who he is.

He looks like your typical Scot who looks twenty years older than he actually is due to years of prolonged heroin and Irn-Bru abuse.

Fletcher is English, from Berwick.

Sure he was brought up in Shrewsbury.

He's defo English though, born there and both parents are.

I always wondered what it was like growing up and living in Berwick. Do they have southsiders and northsiders? Is there friction between those born north and south of the river?

I always wondered what it was like growing up and living in Berwick. Do they have southsiders and northsiders? Is there friction between those born north and south of the river?

Not really, as far as I know anyway. The river is not the border, the border is a couple of miles further north.

What I do find peculiar is that people at one end of a street can sound like Geordies and at the other end sound like Scots.

Not really, as far as I know anyway. The river is not the border, the border is a couple of miles further north.

What I do find peculiar is that people at one end of a street can sound like Geordies and at the other end sound like Scots.

I would think the majority prefer to be classed as Scots. That is also the over-riding accent there. Worked there for a year in my younger days, canny folk those lot.

It really does amaze me how people, always ignore that Sunderland were closer to us in terms of points. When O'Neill took the job then when the season ended, and how they completely ignore the fact that O'Neill doesn't believe in rotation forcing Sunderland to literally craw across the finish line.

Awful article IMO.

Placing significance on British personnel is not a negative trait in and of itself. When it comes off, as O’Neill has shown with Ashley Young and James McClean

Can't imagine the Derryphant Man being happy at that description since his international defection and subsequent bone-headed comments!

Placing significance on British personnel is not a negative trait in and of itself. When it comes off, as O’Neill has shown with Ashley Young and James McClean

Can't imagine the Derryphant Man being happy at that description since his international defection and subsequent bone-headed comments!

;D ;D

Iirc Berwick has swapped between from being part of England & Scotland around a dozen times... So depending the year in which you were born you could technically be either Scottish or English...

It really does amaze me how people, always ignore that Sunderland were closer to us in terms of points. When O'Neill took the job then when the season ended, and how they completely ignore the fact that O'Neill doesn't believe in rotation forcing Sunderland to literally craw across the finish line.

Awful article IMO.

:yikes: