sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Don't think they've officially announced the Flecther deal yet have they?

Will be announced today according to MON.

Be a shame it its not before the 12 deadline :lol:

So he can play ?

Think he is carrying an injury and has missed Wolves games, wouldn't be match fit as well.

True about the match fitness, wasnt aware of injury though. Still he would get 20 minutes to save the game for them if eligable.

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't there a rumour he did his ankle falling out of a window in preseason trying to sneak out of the Wolves' player hotel at 1pm for a night out?

I thought that was a RTG fairytale, was away for 2 weeks so missed most the news lately. Sounds like a classy addition for them

Guest bimpy474

So he can play ?

Think he is carrying an injury and has missed Wolves games, wouldn't be match fit as well.

True about the match fitness, wasnt aware of injury though. Still he would get 20 minutes to save the game for them if eligable.

Have to admit i'm not 100% about an injury, i'm sure i read it somewhere and that was the reason he missed games.

20 minutes, be 4 down by then hopefully :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't there a rumour he did his ankle falling out of a window in preseason trying to sneak out of the Wolves' player hotel at 1pm for a night out?

That would be brilliant if true.

Guest Roger Kint

So he can play ?

Have to admit i'm not 100% about an injury, i'm sure i read it somewhere and that was the reason he missed games.

20 minutes, be 4 down by then hopefully :lol:

Guthrie hattrick :lol:

I thought that was a RTG fairytale, was away for 2 weeks so missed most the news lately. Sounds like a classy addition for them

Aye, read it on RTG, but think that was before he actually started missing games for Wolves due to ankle injury, so might be some truth in it..

Guest johnson293

Didn't one of them swill Peter Reid with a pint of beer oh and wasn't he spat on ?

Niall Quinn was spat on by Sunderland fans. He wrote about it in his autobiography. Funnily enough that particular incident has been consigned to the SMB memory hole.

Aye, the only spitting incident they ever remember is the one with Bobby Robson back in 1982.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't one of them swill Peter Reid with a pint of beer oh and wasn't he spat on ?

Niall Quinn was spat on by Sunderland fans. He wrote about it in his autobiography. Funnily enough that particular incident has been consigned to the SMB memory hole.

Aye, the only spitting incident they ever remember is the one with Bobby Robson back in 1982.

When 52000 Jawdees did it

When 52000 Jawdees did it

And the 7 million on the waiting list.

Guest johnson293

If Adam Johnson is available surely he'll have better options than the mackems??

Liverpool and Spurs were supposed to be after him too, but think Liverpool apparently 'distanced themselves' from him a few days ago.

But if Spurs were after him, you'd think he'd go there for Euro footy, if nowt else?

does maty always park the bus at home as well?

Not really.

What happened with us was, away from home, we'd soak up pressure and break on the counter attack, using the pace we had up front. It worked fantastically, and we must have had one of the best away records in the league, certainly the last 3 seasons.

The problem was, once teams suss out that that's how you play, when they come to your place, they almost never play into your hands, so they'll frequently sit back rather than press you, and invite you to open them up.

The problem was that for a good three years at home, we'd frequently toil, struggle and fail to unlock sides like that, which meant we had a terrible low goal tally at home.

The last two seasons, we scored - I think - 28 goals at home, but both those years there were two 5-0 thrashings of relegation fodder, which left 18 goals stretched against 17 home matches, a goal a game basically.

When people went on about "them Villa fans moaning about MON", they were basically talking about the football at home, which for ages was turgid crap to watch, and produced hardly any goals.

Guest neesy111

We have much bigger priorities than another winger.  Also I'm not impressed with Johnson's attitude on and off the pitch.

I'd say he would add more the left forward position than the benefit of bringing carroll in

that LW position is a bit problematic IMO. Ba still looks unconvincing, guess we shall see