sunderland

JH

Hope they lose to a Darren Bent goal at the weekend, might be a full on riot in that scenario.

given how Lambert seems to be disregarding Bent full stop (planning to sell him I wonder?) it seems unlikely

See above.

Hope they lose to a Darren Bent goal at the weekend, might be a full on riot in that scenario.

given how Lambert seems to be disregarding Bent full stop (planning to sell him I wonder?) it seems unlikely

See above.

I'd agree with your points above but theres one problem, your not scoring goals atm so why aren't you using a proven goal scorer, Bent has already proven he can play in shite teams and score

See above.

I'd agree with your points above but theres one problem, your not scoring goals atm so why aren't you using a proven goal scorer, Bent has already proven he can play in shite teams and score

Because Bent won't do anything other than apply the finish. If you get it into the box to him, he's a good bet to put it away. What he won't do is drop back, fetch the ball, work to create chances for other players, or put in a shift elsewhere on the pitch when needed.

Right now our biggest problem is that the midfield isn't creating chances, we're not getting the ball into the forward players with enough regularity for them to score.

Benteke puts in way more of a shift than Bent does, and is doing ok (4 in 7 or 8 games so far). Weimann also works tirelessly when he gets a game.

Bent, on the other hand, will wait for the ball to come to him. Right now, we can't guarantee getting it to him with enough regularity. That's the problem with Bent, and currently it is a major issue for us.

I never think that the route to improvement is in selling your "best" players, but if Lambert were to move Bent on in January for anything like a decent fee, and invest the money in the midfield, I would totally understand why.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

RTG is my favourite place to go when ever I need a good hard laugh to cheer me up. It never fails.

See above.

Because Bent won't do anything other than apply the finish. If you get it into the box to him, he's a good bet to put it away. What he won't do is drop back, fetch the ball, work to create chances for other players, or put in a shift elsewhere on the pitch when needed.

Right now our biggest problem is that the midfield isn't creating chances, we're not getting the ball into the forward players with enough regularity for them to score.

Benteke puts in way more of a shift than Bent does, and is doing ok (4 in 7 or 8 games so far). Weimann also works tirelessly when he gets a game.

Bent, on the other hand, will wait for the ball to come to him. Right now, we can't guarantee getting it to him with enough regularity. That's the problem with Bent, and currently it is a major issue for us.

I never think that the route to improvement is in selling your "best" players, but if Lambert were to move Bent on in January for anything like a decent fee, and invest the money in the midfield, I would totally understand why.

I wouldn't worry about the midfield too much mate, you are playing Sunderland :lol:

Funny thing is, win that game in hand against Reading and they're only a point behind us and their November fixtures are a who's who of Premier League no-marks.  They should have every chance of catching us up or overtaking us.  But at the moment the football they're playing is just so drab, laboured and uninspiring that I'm not concerned about them at all - even with our displays being patchy at best.

O'neill is an impact manager, nothing more. He always has that massive surge in performances when he takes over a team but he's got an awful record in the transfer market and he can never sustain that initial lift.

Noel Gallagher was on talksport the other night and said "did you see Adam Johnson in the NE derby, that's why City sold him, does nothing when it matters"

Flicked TalkShite on this morning.  John Cross from the Mirror was basically saying similar to Brummie.  Couldn't work out why he's a media darling, considering what he's actually achieved.  Had a pop at his transfer policy and a bit more.

Was quite refreshing to actually hear someone from the media tell it how it is.  Never understood the love in for Mon.

Never understood the love in for Mon.

On the plus side, if/when they part ways they'll be vilified by the press and armchair fans.  Remember all the headshaking from people who hadn't had to watch our fucking dire 'lose ugly' tactics when we got rid of Fat Sam?