1 Man City         23 41 54

2 Man Utd         23 35 54

3 Tottenham 23 19 49

4 Chelsea         23 15 42

5 Newcastle 23 4 39

6 Liverpool  23 7 38

7 Arsenal         23 6 37

Hahahahahhahaha love it.

Krul - 7. Thought he was shaky at times earlier on, but a great save from the pen and his decision-making improved in the last third of the match.

Simpson - 6. Non-descript. Nice goal-line block. Thought the penalty was contentious but it wasn't great defending from him.

Williamson - 6. Over-does the no-nonsense stuff at times, but we didn't concede so i can't lay into him that much.

Coloccini - 7. Played well but wasn't his impeccable self. It's a measure of the standard he has set himself by me saying he was only 'good' tonight.

Santon - 6. Thought he blew hot and cold. So one-footed it's untrue. Don't care where he's played in the past; he needs to be on the right eventually.

Raylor - 6. Did alright, not really in it. Shame we can't attribute another goal to him, but it was definitely off-target imo.

Guthrie - 7. Probably our best player. Some nice touches here and there; only player who showed any sort of endeavour really.

Jonas - 6. Wasn't in it a great deal, but useful when closing the game out.

(Perch - 6. Quiet but acted as a useful breakwater at times. We improved when he came on.)

Ben Arfa - 4. Generally useless. But he'll get there.

Shola - 5. See above. Gets an extra point for some good defensive work towards the end.

Best - 4. And again, see above. Ineffectual.

I thought Simpson was awful again, particularly first half. Couple of decent blocks second half, mind.

He kept us in it during the first half when he again cleared off the line.

He did indeed, and fair play to him he's probably stopped more on the line than anyone else this season in the league, but he's still causing us trouble down his flank too much. At one point in the second half, he was the only man playing a Blackburn player on-side, and the only one of the back four to stop and just hold his hand up. I'd say his negatives far outweigh his positives.

Poor, scrappy game overall. We were bad, they were worse. But we got three valuable points and that's what matters :thup:

Well played from Lovenkrands and Obertan - exactly why they should be coming on in the last 15/20 minutes against the lesser sides.

My ratings

Generous

6 is average/'neither good nor bad' in my head.

We weren't very good but i don't think it was the worst performance of the season. The front three let us down again primarily and i suggested that in the ratings.

Shola gave the worst performance i have ever seen from any player ever.

It was the worst performance I've ever seen since his last performance.

:sweetjesus: He's improving.

The scary part is that he isn't, because that was fucking abysmal. Thank fuck the Dembas are back for Villa.

Just want to clarify that I wasn't saying that my opinion is that he's improving. :lol:

I thought Simpson was awful again, particularly first half. Couple of decent blocks second half, mind.

He kept us in it during the first half when he again cleared off the line.

He did indeed, and fair play to him he's probably stopped more on the line than anyone else this season in the league, but he's still causing us trouble down his flank too much. At one point in the second half, he was the only man playing a Blackburn player on-side, and the only one of the back four to stop and just hold his hand up. I'd say his negatives far outweigh his positives.

o aye forgot about 2 offsides. overall thought he did well

Guest neesy111

The scary part is that he isn't, because that was fucking abysmal. Thank fuck the Dembas are back for Villa.

Just want to clarify that I wasn't saying that my opinion is that he's improving. :lol:

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Krul - 7. Thought he was shaky at times earlier on, but a great save from the pen and his decision-making improved in the last third of the match.

Simpson - 6. Non-descript. Nice goal-line block. Thought the penalty was contentious but it wasn't great defending from him.

Williamson - 6. Over-does the no-nonsense stuff at times, but we didn't concede so i can't lay into him that much.

Coloccini - 7. Played well but wasn't his impeccable self. It's a measure of the standard he has set himself by me saying he was only 'good' tonight.

Santon - 6. Thought he blew hot and cold. So one-footed it's untrue. Don't care where he's played in the past; he needs to be on the right eventually.

Raylor - 6. Did alright, not really in it. Shame we can't attribute another goal to him, but it was definitely off-target imo.

Guthrie - 7. Probably our best player. Some nice touches here and there; only player who showed any sort of endeavour really.

(Perch - 6. Quiet but acted as a useful breakwater at times. We improved when he came on.)

Shola - 5. See above. Gets an extra point for some good defensive work towards the end.

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Any need, Neesy?

Nah I know, but it's still amazing that he managed to be even worse tonight than he's been recently. I mean, that's a level of awfulness that's almost admirable.

He was doing his job.  If we had another RB he would be in that position on the corner.

We've had a left back all season and they haven't cleared as many, I can't remember any defender at Newcastle ever doing it as often as Simson has this season and every time he does it it's worth a goal.

My ratings

Generous

6 is average/'neither good nor bad' in my head.

We weren't very good but i don't think it was the worst performance of the season. The front three let us down again primarily and i suggested that in the ratings.

Fair do's, nowt bang of order I'd probably just knock all but a 2 or 3 down but I'm a cynical so and so.