Rangers Newco

Decky

If they are liquidated, what are the options for a new club - being admitted to the SPL, starting off in Division 3 or moving to England?

They want to come back into the SPL, obviously. In order to do that they need a majority (not sure exactly what it is) to vote them back in. It seems like they would get the required votes, although I don't think the rest of Scottish football fans are happy about that. Apparently there are plans to boycott games if they are allowed back in.

If they are liquidated, what are the options for a new club - being admitted to the SPL, starting off in Division 3 or moving to England?

They want to come back into the SPL, obviously. In order to do that they need a majority (not sure exactly what it is) to vote them back in. It seems like they would get the required votes, although I don't think the rest of Scottish football fans are happy about that. Apparently there are plans to boycott games if they are allowed back in.

I guess it will all boil down to money at end of the day and if the rest of the SPL clubs decide they would make more with Rangers being in the PL, then that's what will happen. When money is involved, morality goes out of the window. They should be busted down to Division 3 - simple as that.

Can't help but feel a little disappointed if true.

They were by a fair touch the less detestable of the two.

Is that a fact or your own opinion?

I'm fucking delighted they are going to shit.

Oh, and I couldn't give a fuck if Celtic follow them.

well its a nasty rivalry of coarse some are going to be happy about it seeing as football fans are short sighted at the best of times. Some more thoughtful ones won't exactly be upset at the loss of rangers but might see the long term implications

The other 11 clubs have to vote on whether to let them in the SPL or not. I would be surprised if the other clubs in the league were a model of financial health themselves - I expect there could be a real fear of losing tv income.

On the other hand I think Livingston got relegated to the 3rd when they were put in liquidation - can't have one rule for them and a different one for others.

I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual outcome is a calciopoli style fudge  - maybe Rangers end up doing a year in the first division. Really think they should be made to play in the 3rd though.

I fell sorry for the real non-dickhead fans, and also the people who work for the club (the ones like me and you, the ones on low-average wages, and the youngsters) as well who will all lose a job.

No way should they be allowed back into the SPL, Division 3 is where they should be told to go.

There will be a HUGE revolt if they get back in.

The other clubs are stretched financially because they tried to compete with a club that was artificially (illegaly) inflated. IF the double contracts are proven and the games inelligible players played in turned over - as the rules state - (over 70-ish players over about 15 years btw) , Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell (and maybe Dundee Utd as well) would ALL have won at least one title, got into Europe, earned more money etc etc. No wonder other clubs fans are hacked off.

They didn't just overspend, they blatantly cheated playing inelligble players in HUNDREDS of games.

Guest neesy111

Many fans of other SPL teams have threatened to boycott their clubs if they allow Rangers back in.

What I don't understand is, how can assets like Ibrox just transfer to their new company? Shouldn't most if not all of their assets be sold off to pay their debts? Also, it is hardly a good example, just letting them work away with a ground the size of Ibrox. Their season ticket sales will be a lot more than most Scottish clubs, allowing their new company to have a good financial standing. They should be made to start from scratch imo. I know it isn't as straight forward as this, but it seems ridiculous that they can just start over like this debt free.

What I don't understand is, how can assets like Ibrox just transfer to their new company? Shouldn't most if not all of their assets be sold off to pay their debts? Also, it is hardly a good example, just letting them work away with a ground the size of Ibrox. Their season ticket sales will be a lot more than most Scottish clubs, allowing their new company to have a good financial standing. They should be made to start from scratch imo. I know it isn't as straight forward as this, but it seems ridiculous that they can just start over like this debt free.

They should but they won't.

Despite the fans of other clubs not being happy about it the SPL clubs will just say "Well you know we need them". Also your forgetting a new club would also be allowed back into Europe.