Rangers Newco

Decky

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18410999

1604:

Mark H in Carlisle: "Maybe a newco could be an excuse for Rangers to do what has been rumored for years - leave Scottish football behind and apply to join the English league."

As if the English clubs would vote to allow Rangers into their league. Also, why would Glasgow fans want to travel to England every away game? The Police wouldn't want Rangers in the English league either.

welsh clubs play in the english leagues, thats enough precedent

Well what would stop them would be the mindboggling police costs, for one thing. Where would they start - Division 2? Blue Square North? My favourite would be the Northern Alliance Division Two. That would mean over a dozen years before they made it to the Premiership.

welsh clubs play in the english leagues, thats enough precedent

Not really, if they'd joined recently then you'd have a point, but otherwise I don't see why that would have any bearing on Rangers (or any other Scottish club) joining. Complete non starter IMO.

What's happening to ibrox? Sold off and knocked down?

The facade of the main stand can't be knocked down, it has to be kept as it's listed. I think though it would be ok to convert it into offices, retail space or apartments.

No one knows what will happen to it, if it will be sold or given to the new club or not.

Might have been brought up already, but didn't Gretna get liquidated in '08? What happened in the aftermaths there?

The club was thrown out of the League. Nearby Annan Athletic were voted into the league but Gretna's replacement club was not.

Come off it stifler, you and I know some club called rangers will still play there, its just a question of what division they play in next season.

I know they will, and I honestly think it will be in the SPL. SPL clubs are liked fucking goons, all complaining about the SPL dominance and how they don't even get an equal share but you can bet your bottom dollar they will vote the fuckers back in.

In order for the newco (FC Lumpenproletariat Scum Of Glasgow, or whatever they're planning on calling themselves) to be admitted straight into the SPL next season they need eight member clubs to vote in their favour.  This means that five "No" votes will see their application rejected.

Celtic will vote No, their board wouldn't dare do anything else.

Vladimir Romanov detests the old firm so Hearts will vote No.

Rod Petrie has already outlined his position on the matter quite forcefully so you can bet your arse Hibs will vote No.

Rangers place in the league would be taken by Dundee so Dundee United will vote No because local derby income is greater than Rangers fans boycotting every away ground as they have threatened to do, it's a no-brainer for DUFC.

That's four for a start.  One more required, it shouldn't be too much to ask.  There will be some renegotiation of the TV deal but nothing as drastic as the usual media scaremongers have been suggesting, Sky and ESPN will still be there next season.  The league survived the Setanta collapse, this will be nothing like as bad.

Then they apply for membership to the Scottish Third Division.  And if that's rejected then they die.