Rangers Newco

Decky

Guest neesy111

Remember that pre-season friendly with them in '04. They basically spent the 90 minutes singing abusive (and mildly humourous) songs about Shearer and Bobby.

Aye, caused quite a bit of bother as well in town that weekend IIRC.

Remember that pre-season friendly with them in '04. They basically spent the 90 minutes singing abusive (and mildly humourous) songs about Shearer and Bobby.

Aye, caused quite a bit of bother as well in town that weekend IIRC.

Celtic fan on Reddit basically calling me a liar about that "Have your fans won awards for their behaviour? I don't think so. Ours have"

Guest Recoba

I was in Manchester during the UEFA cup final. It was like a war. Id rather support the mackems than that lot. Absolute bunch of animals.  We never want to accept them near our league.

Celtic are no better. I remember them acting all braveheart in ne1.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

apparently rangers fans were singing "rangers till i die" at the old firm game.

celtic fans responded with "rangers till july"

I heard this too. Brilliant, funny because it has a high possibility of being true ;D Might be earlier than July too unless the bidders just shut up and put up.

So all old firm fans are bigots?

No, not all, but a significant percentage are.

Flame me as much as you like, but the green brigade are superb.

They are as bad as each other.

My views are down to having spent a lot of time in Glasgow and knowing a lot of Celtic/Rangers fans.

Interesting thought: If Sunderland were in the same position as Rangers, would you be as happy as the Celtic fans?

I wouldn't, as much as I pity them they form part of our football culture. I miss the derbies when their inevitable relegation happens and would much prefer them around just so we have the matches to look forward too.

Most Celtic fans i know, for all their recent abuse hurling, do not want to see Rangers dissapear. They know it would be like Tom without Jerry. What they want however is a more Roadrunner / Coyote scenario, like Rangers enjoyed through the '90s. A prolonged period of suffering.

Guest neesy111

It would be fantastic for Celtic to end up like this as well. Probably the best thing to happen in football for decades.

:thup:

:thup: Good set of fans, highly respected throughout Europe too.

Really?

Know fuck all about them to be fair, but (and do feel free to edit Wikipedia if this is wrong) they sound like a bunch of pro IRA meat-headed cunts to me. O0

Really?

Know fuck all about them to be fair, but (and do feel free to edit Wikipedia if this is wrong) they sound like a bunch of pro IRA meat-headed cunts to me. O0

Fair play then!

By who exactly?

An old story, but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-515609/Barca-boss-salutes-Celtic-fans-ahead-Champions-League-showdown.html

I ment the green brigade. A bunch of fans who do not let police/stewards do their jobs and attack them if they dont get their own way. The same fans who revel in singing ira and anti British songs but see no wrong in this. Good set of fans right enough eh?

They took 80,000 to Seville and despite losing/being cheated out of the final the fans received a fair play award from Uefa.

Weve all seen the pictures of the 80,000 "irishmen" who went but i'm talking about the green brigade here not the majority of decent Celtic fans.

Guest Phil K

No they're not. They are a bunch of rabid bigots.

Rangers fans are bad, but the other bunch are far worse.

Reading George Galloways massive hypocrisy on the subject is very amusing.

Always thought he was the hypocrite he accused others of being, but get him on the subject of Celtic/Rangers and his eyes glaze over and the justify bigotry from one side while ranting at it of the other goes into overdrive !  :laugh:

Can't say I respect Celtic fans after their last two appearances down here.

TBF they were no worse than the Blue arseh*les from the other side of Glasgie

Don't some sections of Ibrox sing songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc? Just as bad as each other if you ask me.

Guest Phil K

Don't some sections of Ibrox sing songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc? Just as bad as each other if you ask me.

Don't let me give the impression Rangers fans are anything other than bigots.

(Never heard that one about "fenian blood" mind)

But Celtic fans haven't exactly been backwards in coming forward in the same kind of crap, only this season they were up to their usual, so bad even Celtic themselves were saying they wanted to ban those responsible.

You've never heard that yet you're qualified enough to comment on Celtics support? Don't think so.

Back to what i was saying yesterday evening about the green brigade. I'd hate to sound like i'm back peddaling, because i'm not, i won't even attempt to argue the some of the songs / behaviour is remotely acceptable. I just envy the noise and in particular the flags and banners. I'd love to see similar at our place.

And before any smart fucker posts the anti-poppy stuff, no i don't agree with that either.

Don't let me give the impression Rangers fans are anything other than bigots.

But Celtic fans haven't exactly been backwards in coming forward in the same kind of crap, only this season they were up to their usual, so bad even Celtic themselves were saying they wanted to ban those responsible.

rangers socks are black but the top of them are red, apparently this is meant to represent the blood of the fenians u mention. Lorenzo Amoruso used to tuck the red part in so u couldn't see it.

they also dont have the red on the kids replica socks.