Rangers Newco

Decky

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the status of Ibrox? I've read in this thread that it is likely to pass to the "Newco" - is that a freehold or a lease? Because if it's a freehold I can't imagine the creditors being too happy about all that prime real estate, an asset even, simply being given to someone who isn't a creditor...?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the status of Ibrox? I've read in this thread that it is likely to pass to the "Newco" - is that a freehold or a lease? Because if it's a freehold I can't imagine the creditors being too happy about all that prime real estate, an asset even, simply being given to someone who isn't a creditor...?

It's been sold to the newco along with Murray Park (the training ground) and the rights to the logos etc. I'm sure Rangers oldco held the freehold so that will be whats sold to the newco.

So if Rangers do get relegated to Division 3 then they will still be playing at Ibrox.

and considering the entity that committed the acts is dead/nearly dead does it really matter at this stage

Erm of course it does if men in and around the game have committed fraud

and considering the entity that committed the acts is dead/nearly dead does it really matter at this stage

As it's been said yes it does still matter. Players, agents etc are all still around, all the people involved in the dodgy deals, fraud, etc all need to be found and expelled from the game, they also need legal action taken against them. If we don't find his partners in crime then they will soon flock to another club which will go the same way.

It's been sold to the newco along with Murray Park (the training ground) and the rights to the logos etc. I'm sure Rangers oldco held the freehold so that will be whats sold to the newco.

So if Rangers do get relegated to Division 3 then they will still be playing at Ibrox.

See, that's the bit I don't get - why would the liquidator agree to that? They're legally obliged to get the best price possible on behalf of the creditor. They should have no obligation to the oldco OR the newco, only the creditors. None of whom will be happier getting even fewer pence in the pound because of a sweetheart deal. And given that HRMC are the biggest creditor, and they have proven to be (rightfully) bloody-minded, surely they can get an injunction on the sale of all assets if they feel they are being sold below market value?

Bury already released a statement saying it would never happen.

I don't even think it would be allowed. Surely the rules put in place after Wimbledon turned into MK Dons would prevent it from ever happening, thats also before you even consider the fact that Bury would be left out of existence.

rumours that there'll be a compromise and rangers will be put in the scots first division.

Shit if they do, start at the bottom, it's the only way. It will just be like Juventus were relegated to Serie B for match fixing, they just placed them into a league where they would easily win and they would be straight back.

Rangers hardly making more friends, not that they had many in the first place. This kind of stuff has happened in Scotland before though. Airdrie United buying Cydebank after Airdrionians went bust, and someone buying Meadowbank Thistle with the sole purpose of moving them to Livingston.

Rangers hardly making more friends, not that they had many in the first place. This kind of stuff has happened in Scotland before though. Airdrie United buying Cydebank after Airdrionians went bust, and someone buying Meadowbank Thistle with the sole purpose of moving them to Livingston.

It's kind of different though when they are buying a club in another nation with a different FA, an FA that has put in place new rules to prevent franchising and relocations of football clubs.