Players leaving in the Summer

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Regarding the actual thread btw, of the players mentioned in the OP, I would like the following to stay:

Harper - sentimental reasons more than anything, I do think he's still competent for a number 2 but would understand if he decided to leave; wouldn't mind him as a goalkeeping coach actually.

Why would you spend 15 seasons (or whatever it is) sitting on the bench and then leave to get games just before you're retiring? 

So that he is able to finish his career on a high.

We'll never get rid of anywhere near 11+ players.

Can't see more than 1/2 departures and 1/2 arrivals. It'll be a quiet summer for us.

Peter Lovenkrands and Alan Smith will definitely leave. There's a good chance Danny Guthrie and Fraser Forster will leave too. Of those players only Guthrie would need to be replaced with a player competing for a first team start. The Development squad will need to be restocked following the youth team clear out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't see more than 1/2 departures and 1/2 arrivals. It'll be a quiet summer for us.

If Tiote goes early for 20+ I can't see how it could be a quiet summer

If Tiote goes early for 20+ I can't see how it could be a quiet summer

We'd replace with a similar player for nowhere near as much money, and that's about it.

I'd like to see Harper moving into coaching.

Hopefully if he does, it won't be with us.

Ah, and why?

What has he done to show he'd be a good coach?

What should he have done to have shown you he's a good candidate?

Ah, and why?

What should he have done to have shown you he's a good candidate?

You're the one who wants him, you tell me. :lol:

Ah, and why?

He seems an intelligent bloke who has got himself a few degrees hasn't he? Also seem quite amiable.

I remember Clark getting a lot of 'jobs for the boys' stick while he was here then when things were going well with his management career there were a few 'would love him to manage us one day!' comments.

At the end of the day we have no idea how people like Harper will be as a coach but I can see why some would be interested in a local lad who has spent many years here and know what the club is all about to stay on in that sort of capacity.

I think the following will go:

Simpson

Forster

Lövenkrands

Krul

Smith

Xisco

Ranger

Best

Perch

Can't see many clubs going for Tioté for the price we'll demand. He is a beast, and I am his biggest fan, but I know plenty of people who don't support us who are under the impression that he is still picking up free kicks, bookings etc. and isn't good enough for a better team than us.

Teams that I can see going for him are Chelsea or Milan.

I think there will be a mega bid for Krul and he will be forced to leave. Maybe Manchester United.

I think there will be a mega bid for Krul and he will be forced to leave. Maybe Manchester United.

Lindegaard was looking good before the injury and De Gea, who they just paid seven metric fucktons for, has overcome his early season jitters.  They'll be battling it out for the #1 next season.

Tottenham with Freidel aging or Chelsea with Cech on the decline are my guesses.  If he was to leave at all, which I don't think is even anywhere near certain.

I'll wait and see what happens in the summer, it will piss me off if Tiote goes but what can you do when you have the top 4 sniffing about your players. 

We really have been beaten into submission haven't we :lol:

I'd be surprised if Krul goes this season tbh. I think Tiote is most likely to leave if we lose a big name, then maybe Ba, but I think he'll likely stay another year with us having just signed Cisse.

Pretty confident about Krul now. He'll now be on #1 money, seems to love playing here, has a long career in front of him and barring possibly Spurs none of the top clubs need a new goalkeeper. Especially not for the brass we'd want.

Lindegaard was looking good before the injury and De Gea, who they just paid seven metric fucktons for, has overcome his early season jitters.  They'll be battling it out for the #1 next season.

Tottenham with Freidel aging or Chelsea with Cech on the decline are my guesses.  If he was to leave at all, which I don't think is even anywhere near certain.

Aye probably more likely. I just think he's our most "rare" talent. Goalkeepers of his stature are hard to find and he's already proven himself in the Premiership.

The only one i'm worried about losing is Ba as it sounds like we wont get good money for him, everyone else is tied down to long contracts so it's just not worth worrying about. Players leave clubs all the time, it's what you get for them that counts and we're really well protected in this regard at the moment. The club have proved they'll reinvest and we have great scouts, chill, Winstons.

De Gea has been fantastic in recent weeks United wont buy no one, Arsenal have Chesney ( cba with the name) , Chelsea have Cech and Courtis( who looks fantastic on loan at Atletico), City have Hart.

Krul is going nowhere, only Spurs need a GK and they wont be able afford to him.

Tiote is the only one who i think might leave, the rest of the big names will stay and Ba will sign a new long term contract.

• 4 weeks later...

Things seem to have changed quite a bit in the last month. I can't see Perch leaving in the Summer now. If we qualify for Europe the fringe players will get more games. I'm hoping Simpson and Guthrie stay too. Steve Harper has pretty much confirmed that he will stay for the last year of his contract and is looking to move into coaching. Peter Lovenkrands and Alan Smith are the only players I think will definitely leave.