Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

I wouldn't be happy yet. Not after seeing Antonio Puerta walking away from the pitch after his first episode. Not after seeing people die in hospitals quickly after they "recovered". Still, this is the most encouraging news one could expect to hear after the images of him laying unconscious on the WHL pitch flashed around the world Saturday. Depending on what his condition was, he still may need heart transplant or any other number of operations to ensure he can lead a fruitful life. The journey is only starting. My prayers remain with him and those closest.

Agree with this completely. Best wishes to Muamba though, I hope to God he makes a recovery.

Guest Loven11

Family pal Aime Esalo told how the 23-year-old was asked by his dad Marcel if he knew who he was as he came round.

Mr Esalo said: "Fabrice said yes, and the next thing he asked was: 'Did we lose?'

"When he was told they were drawing, Fabrice asked why they had stopped the game and his father said, 'Because of you'."

Mr Esalo said Muamba had also asked for his fiancee Shauna and their three-year-old son Joshua.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4205926/Fabrice-Muamba-asks-Did-we-lose.html

Guest Howaythetoon

After the Suarez crap, football needed this, i.e. a good story. He is still not out of danger yet but to know he's speaking, moving and breathing is amazing and all credit must go to himself and those that worked on him and of course all the well wishes too. I'm a great believer in positivity and the effects it can have. His family must be immensley proud and if he recovers this is a feather in the cap of our great doctors and medical staff who often come under fire in this country.

Guest Shaun

These kind of messages just make me  :facepalm:

From Facebook:

Thank God for cheating dead, you will live long. All thanks belong to God.

Does anyone know where I could find some details on what actually happened from a medical sense? Wondering if he suffers from from non-obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or something related, might be able to give him a mention in some of my work at the minute.

Fabrice Muamba was 'dead' for 78 minutes - Bolton doctor

Fabrice Muamba was "in effect dead" for 78 minutes following his on-pitch collapse, Bolton Wanderers' club doctor Jonathan Tobin has revealed.

But Dr Tobin said he had been amazed by the 23-year-old's recovery so far.

In an emotional interview, Dr Tobin said: "We were fearing the worse and didn't think we'd get the recovery we had. It's incredible.

"It is still very, very early days but to see the improvements we have is a testament to everybody involved."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17460781

Guest Shaun

Fabrice Muamba was 'dead' for 78 minutes - Bolton doctor

Fabrice Muamba was "in effect dead" for 78 minutes following his on-pitch collapse, Bolton Wanderers' club doctor Jonathan Tobin has revealed.

But Dr Tobin said he had been amazed by the 23-year-old's recovery so far.

In an emotional interview, Dr Tobin said: "We were fearing the worse and didn't think we'd get the recovery we had. It's incredible.

"It is still very, very early days but to see the improvements we have is a testament to everybody involved."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17460781

Amazing.  O0