Graeme Carr - Talksport Interview.

Crumpy Gunt

Did Pardew imply Obertan was his work? Don't remember reading that, tbh.

I´m quite sure he has said that. That he had follow him for a few years and that he talked to Fergy over the phone and he said it could happen, or something like that.

Guest andrew

Yeah Obertan was Pardew's. Think he said obertan's agent was offering him around from the end of may and pardew identified the need for pace in some away games last year (iirc he mentioned liverpool and chelsea). Pards spoke to fergie on the phone a few times who said he'd be a good fit for us and the transfer team agreed to proceede (and save on buying zoggy for ten mil)

Yeah Obertan was Pardew's. Think he said obertan's agent was offering him around from the end of may and pardew identified the need for pace in some away games last year (iirc he mentioned liverpool and chelsea). Pards spoke to fergie on the phone a few times who said he'd be a good fit for us and the transfer team agreed to proceede (and save on buying zoggy for ten mil)

Hardly like Fergie would say no is it? :lol:

I hope we don't start thinking now we're doing so well we can spend the extra £5m for premier league 'tested' players etc and start getting lazier with our scouting. If we can keep bringing in great young players and developing them we have a very good future, if we spunk it all on buying a stuart downing of the world we'll be in trouble, and I trust Carr to keep up the good work.

He's a testament to the DOF ideology.

He's the head scout, we don't have a director of football.

But yeah sure, testament, ideology.

Did Pardew imply Obertan was his work? Don't remember reading that, tbh.

I´m quite sure he has said that. That he had follow him for a few years and that he talked to Fergy over the phone and he said it could happen, or something like that.

It would make sense if it's Pardew and other scouts, sounds like Carr is based almost 100% abroad if he's catching 3 Dutch, 3 French and some German football live each week.

He's a testament to the DOF ideology.

He's the head scout, we don't have a director of football.

But yeah sure, testament, ideology.

Aye, a scout who has more say in transfers than the manager. :lol:

He's essentially a DOF.

Guest firetotheworks

The most valuable asset at Newcastle as far as I'm concerned, and someone that seems like a thoroughly likeable professional, with an deeply insightful knowledge of the game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Scouting network as a whole has been heavily invested in.

Comparison

Barcelona have 2000+ scouts world wide.

Newcastle had 39.