Graeme Carr - Talksport Interview.

Crumpy Gunt

Sounds like a smog monster.  Where's he from?

Ashington or Cramlington I think

I owe the lad an apology

I am sure on a NUFCTV vid he did with Alan (son) at SJP, he was on about as a kid he would spend school holidays with his dads family in Ashington.

Graham Carr is to all intents and purposes a Director of Football.

Zinedine Zidane is Real Madrid's DoF, can't imagine they have are doing the same job.

It sounded like Wise had a lot to do with the agents and negotiations too though if the Gonzalez story is anything to go off and Carr seems to just be a scout, albeit a very knowledgable one.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Barcelona have 2000? 200?

2000+ world wide at all levels of competition (senior to youth).

Will be nice to see some more of Marveaux on the pitch... Hopefully before the season is out...

I keep forgetting about him, then I just get really excited to see him hopefully get fit, have a full pre-season to get himself sorted and integrated into our team and hopefully watch him kick off.  He looks a real talent from the times Ive watched him.

"like a new signing" - had to.

I hope we don't start thinking now we're doing so well we can spend the extra £5m for premier league 'tested' players etc and start getting lazier with our scouting. If we can keep bringing in great young players and developing them we have a very good future, if we spunk it all on buying a stuart downing of the world we'll be in trouble, and I trust Carr to keep up the good work.

Me too but I think with Del Boy and Fat Mike at the helm I doubt that will happen. Developing unknown players has it's risks and over the years we'll probably have to put up with more Carroll like sales, but as long as we invest those funds positively then I don't see a massive problem in that.

On another note.

The DOF idea is a good thing as long as they have the full support of the manager. We all know Dein had a big role in Arsenal's success. The club made a mistake with Wise for a number of reason's one of the biggest the manager not having a clue it was happening.

I like how he made it sound so matter of fact 'well if you watch a team every week you know who the best players are, don't you?'. It's great that he's putting that amount of time and energy into the job, long may it continue.

Guest Phil K

Sounds like a smog monster.  Where's he from?

Born in Corbridge, apparently.

Love Corbridge. More reason to like it !