Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest Chris P

That offside goal for Chelsea against Wigan could be the difference between Wigan being all but safe by the time we play each other, and us being out of reach of Chelsea by the time we play them.

This is the crack like.

Chelsea won't win the Champions League.

One point from the next two matches could win them the thing. At this point of the competition any end result is possible. No matter anyway, if we our remaining five matches we will finish third in all likelihood. This is all that needs to be considered. Tottenham are in free fall, Chelsea are occupied (also lacking the depth to compensate), and Arsenal are having September flashbacks, it is there for us as the form team.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ok humour me!

Without trawling through the threads if Chelsea win champions league do we still get Europa by finishing 6th?

Guest johnson293

Ok humour me!

Without trawling through the threads if Chelsea win champions league do we still get Europa by finishing 6th?

Yes - The FA/Premier League have confirmed 6th place get a Europa spot now.

However, if we finish 4th, and Chelski wint the CL, we wont get C.L, we'll only get E.L, as they'll go into the C.L. (along with the top 3) as holders.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ok humour me!

However, if we finish 4th, and Chelski wint the CL, we wont get C.L, we'll only get E.L, as they'll go into the C.L. (along with the top 3) as holders.

Cheers pal

God, if we somehow make it to fourth only for Chelsea to win the CL final it will be unbearable.

Let's not even talk about it. It will take a very unlikely number of results for that to happen.

Really? I think's it's now more likely that Chelsea win the CL than it is for us to get fourth. For us to f*** the chance of getting in the CL up ourselves I can handle (it's been a brilliant season regardless), but for it possibly to be snatched away from us due to a technicality would be heart-wrenching.

Really, because for us to manage fourth would require results against Chelsea and/or Man City and/Everton, and for them to get results against Barcelona and Bayern or Real Madrid. I agree they are more likely to win the Champions League than we are finishing fourth, but both are still very unlikely.

God, if we somehow make it to fourth only for Chelsea to win the CL final it will be unbearable.

Let's not even talk about it. It will take a very unlikely number of results for that to happen.

Really? I think's it's now more likely that Chelsea win the CL than it is for us to get fourth. For us to f*** the chance of getting in the CL up ourselves I can handle (it's been a brilliant season regardless), but for it possibly to be snatched away from us due to a technicality would be heart-wrenching.

Really, because for us to manage fourth would require results against Chelsea and/or Man City and/Everton, and for them to get results against Barcelona and Bayern or Real Madrid. I agree they are more likely to win the Champions League than we are finishing fourth, but both are still very unlikely.

I agree they are both unlikely, but I don't see why it's something we should avoid talking about? We're talking about finishing fourth plenty after all.

I agree they are both unlikely, but I don't see why it's something we should avoid talking about? We're talking about finishing fourth plenty after all.

My point was: let's deal with the pain in the event it happens and not worry about it now, I think that will be more than enough to handle.

Actually, now Europa League is secured I hope Chelsea win on Saturday. To finish top 4 we're probably going to have to win 3 and get something at Chelsea anyway, so would probably be better for us now if we reel Arsenal a bit nearer to give us two spots to go for rather than one.

I think Pardew has called the players in this week for training (this week was suppose to be the time off)

Players had their "break" last week, so hopefully this works and we can defeat those oat cakes.

Chelsea are 7/1 to win Champions League, we are 7/2 to finish in top four. If you think Chelsea are more likely to win Champions League than we are to finish fourth you should be having a little wager.

I don't think Chelsea shutting out Barca means they're going to win the Champions League. I'm slightly more worried about it now, but it won't happen.

I still think Barca will finish them off in them off in the 2nd leg, but even if Chelsea pull it off i reckon Madrid or Bayern would beat them in the final......

One thing its a one off game so they cant sit back all game and hope and another thing Madrid and Bayern are more versatile than Barca and different threats which would mean Chelsea wouldnt be able to defend as easier.

I really cannot see Chelsea winning the CL despite last nights result.

Ok humour me!

Unless Chelsea win the Champions League and finish in the top 4 as well as us :)  Never going to happen but still, technically..