Team of the Year 2011/12

AlanSkÃrare

Krul

Richards Kompany Coloccini Baines

Valencia Song Arteta Bale

Van Persie Rooney

Lucas and Sagna would have made it instead of Arteta and Richards had they not been injured, would have had Ba in there aswell but Rooney has been consistent most of the season and is ending the season well......

Yaya and Silva have been too inconsistent like alot of City players actually for me to put them in my team.....

I have gone for consistency more than quality of a high level then dropping off, to me they have been the most consistent players in their positions through out the year.

Goalkeeper:

Tim Krul

Defenders:

Kyle Walker - Jonny Evans - Fabricio Coloccini - Benoît Assou-Ekotto

Midfielders:

Antonio Valencia - Clinton Dempsey - David Silva - Gareth Bale

Forwards:

Robin van Persie - Wayne Rooney

Stealing your editing.

What I think it'll be in contrast to my opinion in the OP.

Joe Hart

Patrice Evra

Rio Ferdinand

Vincent Kompany

Bacary Sagna

Antonio Valencia

Yaya Touré

David Silva

Gareth Bale

Robin van Persie

Wayne Rooney

Player of the Year: Paul Scholes

Young player of the Year: Gareth Bale

I have a feeling Scott Parker will creap into the official one, I also think they will include atleast one of Krul or Colo, we've been the suprise package this season and that's usually enough for them to pick a guy and claim he's the main reason we're where we are, and how he would be great for a club like Arsenal or Man U.

BTW i cant believe anyone would pick Evra and believe they are picking him on his name instead of what he has done this season he has been declining for 2-3 years now and has been the weak link of their back four this season.

I'd personally rate N.Taylor, Enrique, Baines, Santon, Cole, Clichy, Benoit-whatshisname all above Evra this season.

Not to say they are better than Evra but this season to me they have been and i get the feeling Evra is being picked because of his name and people cant think of anyone else :lol: 

BTW i cant believe anyone would pick Evra and believe they are picking him on his name instead of what he has done this season he has been declining for 2-3 years now and has been the weak link of their back four this season.

I'd personally rate N.Taylor, Enrique, Baines, Santon, Cole, Clichy, Benoit-whatshisname all above Evra this season.

Not to say they are better than Evra but this season to me they have been and i get the feeling Evra is being picked because of his name and people cant think of anyone else :lol: 

:pokerface:

Guest firetotheworks

I don't quite get why Rooney's being picked like. He's played in midfield a lot of the time.

Evra has been good this year, he is a consistent performer in the leagues top team, that is why he is being included.

Goalkeeper:

Tim Krul

Defenders:

Branislav Ivanović - Vincent Kompany - Fabricio Coloccini - Benoît Assou-Ekotto

Midfielders:

Clint Dempsey - Yaya Toure - Alex Song - Gareth Bale

Forwards:

Best one I've seen so far.

Lucas and Sagna would have made it instead of Arteta and Richards had they not been injured, would have had Ba in there aswell but Rooney has been consistent most of the season and is ending the season well......

Yaya and Silva have been too inconsistent like alot of City players actually for me to put them in my team.....

I have gone for consistency more than quality of a high level then dropping off, to me they have been the most consistent players in their positions through out the year.

The same Lucas Leiva who played until November until his leg dropped off? How on earth was he part of your thinking...absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Guest firetotheworks

I don't quite get why Rooney's being picked like. He's played in midfield a lot of the time.

Not often. And because he's been the 2nd best striker in the league this season.

I wouldn't say he's been that good myself. I'd have him third behind Ba (even with his recent lack of form) and even then it would be almost by default. Aside from RVP, it's been slim pickings in terms of consistent, truly top end strikers imo.

I have a feeling Scott Parker will creap into the official one, I also think they will include atleast one of Krul or Colo, we've been the suprise package this season and that's usually enough for them to pick a guy and claim he's the main reason we're where we are, and how he would be great for a club like Arsenal or Man U.

Think Ba will be a shoo-in for the official one as the voting was done about a month ago before his form became an 'issue'.

Evra has been good this year, he is a consistent performer in the leagues top team, that is why he is being included.

Ah, now i know the criteria here is my revised team of the season......

De Gea

Jones Evans Ferdinand Evra

Valencia Carrick Scholes Young

Welbeck Rooney

The same Lucas Leiva who played until November until his leg dropped off? How on earth was he part of your thinking...absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Reading comprehension? if he continued his form until his injury he would have been a shoe in for most peoples teams of the season just look at how Liverpool have fallen apart since his injury.

Goalkeeper:

Tim Krul

Defenders:

Branislav Ivanović - Vincent Kompany - Fabricio Coloccini - Benoît Assou-Ekotto

Midfielders:

Clint Dempsey - Yaya Toure - Alex Song - Gareth Bale

Forwards:

Baines ahead of Assou-Ekotto for me and the rest the same :thup:

Pards as manager  :pardsgrin:

Krul

Ivanovic

Coloccini

Kompany

Baines

Dempsey

Silva

Toure

Bale

RVP

Rooney

Best XI in my view. Not necessarily best functioning team (e.g. Silva and Toure in the middle of a 4-4-2 is more than questionable).

Honourable mentions to the likes of Valencia, Vorm, Richards, BAE, Mata, Ba, Holt.

Krul

Richards, Colo, Evans, ...

Song,  Toure, Britton

Rooney, RVP, Aguero

Can't settle on a LB

got it

Krul

Richards, Colo, Evans, Assou-Ekotto

Song,  Toure, Britton

Rooney, RVP, Aguero

Has Valencia been that good all season? Thought it was fairly recent.

He's been good whenever he's not been injured.

He was f***ing hopeless at SJP, albeit playing at right back.

He's mediocre at best at defending. He gave away numerous fouls the CL final when they were on the back foot and could have walked.

Magic going forward though.

Struggled to find that second center midfielder, could've been Arteta, Song or Parker.                     

Krul

Ivanovic  Komapny  Agger  Assou-Ekotto

Yaya Toure  Arteta

Dempsey                                        Silva

RvP        Rooney

Krul

Richards

Kompany

Colo

Baines

Song

Carrick

Valencia

Rooney

Dempsey

RvP

Too many City players have been shit for almost half a season, so I'd find it hard to pick many of them. Richards has still been the best right back in the league this season though. Likewise, Assou-Ekotto and Bale are far too inconsistent. If Scholes had have played the whole season then he'd definitely be in. Did initially have Britton in ahead of Carrick, but changed my mind.