Team of the Year 2011/12

AlanSkÃrare

Have to say I'm shocked that Mata hasn't been picked more. He's been fantastic in his first PL season in a sub-par Chelsea side and, unlike Silva, there's little to suggest that his form will trail off.

Krul

Richards    Koscielny  Kompany  Assou-Ekotto

Yaya Toure    Dempsey

Mata                                        Bale

Rooney  Van Persie

Reading comprehension? if he continued his form until his injury he would have been a shoe in for most peoples teams of the season just look at how Liverpool have fallen apart since his injury.

Ah, right, well now I know your selection criteria:

Lindegaard

Gardener, R

Taylor, S

Vidic

Huddlestone

Marveaux

Fletcher

Leiva

Wilshire

Holden

Dyer, K

Have to say I'm shocked that Mata hasn't been picked more. He's been fantastic in his first PL season in a sub-par Chelsea side and, unlike Silva, there's little to suggest that his form will trail off.

His form has trailed of though, imo. Hasn't been the same player for a few months now.

Ridiculous if Colo isn't in this team. Krul can be discussed but Colo never plays below a 6 and mostly puts in 7 performances or better. Consistency should be the vital part of the team of the year.

Hart

Ivanovic - Colo - Kompany - BAO

Dempsey - Song - Yaya - Mata

RvP - Rooney

His form has trailed of though, imo. Hasn't been the same player for a few months now.

Six goals and 11 assists to Silva's 5 goals and 12 assists in a very similar amount of games (Mata's 31 appearances to Silva's 30) according to Soccernet regardless of the current form of both players. But when you consider that it's Mata's first season in England playing for a team experiencing their worst domestic campaign for years, I think he's personally more deserving of an inclusion than Silva.

Reading comprehension? if he continued his form until his injury he would have been a shoe in for most peoples teams of the season just look at how Liverpool have fallen apart since his injury.

Lindegaard

Gardener, R

Taylor, S

Vidic

Huddlestone

Marveaux

Fletcher

Leiva

Wilshire

Holden

Dyer, K

Not quite fair, Lucas one of the best players in the league up until his injuries these players not so much  :lol:

Nice attempt tho......

Also yh Mata like Silva has been extremely inconsistent so i preferred Valencia and Bale.

Also are we using stats to determine if a player is better than another one now? :lol:

Lindegaard

Gardener, R

Taylor, S

Vidic

Huddlestone

Marveaux

Fletcher

Leiva

Wilshire

Holden

Dyer, K

Not quite fair, Lucas one of the best players in the league up until his injuries these players not so much  :lol:

Nice attempt tho......

Also yh Mata like Silva has been extremely inconsistent so i preferred Valencia and Bale.

Also are we using stats to determine if a player is better than another one now? :lol:

Alright, fair enough, stats don't tell the whole story but if we're gaugeing the performance of players over a season then they at least give some indication of what players are producing. I wouldn't say it's a coincidence that Rooney and RVP, who most folk on here have gone for in their teams for their strikers, are also the two top scorers in the league for instance. 

Krul

Richards, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines

Valencia, Yaya Toure, Dempsey, Silva

Rooney

van Persie

Honourable mentions for Cisse, Sigurdsson, Scholes as the half season wonders.

Lindegaard

Gardener, R

Taylor, S

Vidic

Huddlestone

Marveaux

Fletcher

Leiva

Wilshire

Holden

Dyer, K

Nice attempt tho......

Alright, fair enough, stats don't tell the whole story but if we're gaugeing the performance of players over a season then they at least give some indication of what players are producing. I wouldn't say it's a coincidence that Rooney and RVP, who most folk on here have gone for in their teams for their strikers, are also the two top scorers in the league for instance.

It's quite different when you compare goalscorers as thats thier job ( to score goals) obviously Rooney and RVP do more than that but thats thier primary function......

When comparing midfielders theres much more to consider than just who assisted more than other for example.

I do except i was a bit with aggressive earlier with my post regarding the stats but i prefer to base a players performance that i see with my own 2 eyes than use stats to fuel my argument.

As stats only tell you so much, the fact Simpson is one of the highest rated RB's in the league according to stats tells you that stats have major flaws.

Also what is funny about Lucas he doesnt do anything flashy but he protects 4 extremely well i suppose Busquets is crap aswell as they both perform similar roles :lol:

Also what is funny about Lucas he doesnt do anything flashy but he protects 4 extremely well i suppose Busquets is crap aswell as they both perform similar roles :lol:

wat?

Lucas is now the equivalent to Busquets? What are we drinking here?

wat?

Have to agree with Stu .. Busquets is of a complete different class to Lucas.

wat?

Not saying he's anyway near him, just they play similar roles and often over looked because they do the simple things well and rarely make mistakes.

Dont think anyone can argue how important he was to them Scouse c*nts and how well he performed and how much they have gone down hill since his injury.

wat?

:lol:

Lucas is decent at protecting the back four, but its a fucking insult to call him even close to Busquets standard. Busquets is three times the player that Lucas is ffs. Why even have this discussion?

wat?

:lol:

Lucas is decent at protecting the back four, but its a f***ing insult to call him even close to Busquets standard. Busquets is three times the player that Lucas is ffs. Why even have this discussion?

Did i say he was anywhere near near him? no, read my post above.

Didn't understand the praise Lucas was getting pre injury. Improving from crap to decent does not mean he was suddenly a very good player. It just underlines how bad he was at Liverpool originally.

wat?

Not saying he's anyway near him, just they play similar roles and often over looked because they do the simple things well and rarely make mistakes.

Dont think anyone can argue how important he was to them Scouse c*nts and how well he performed and how much they have gone down hill since his injury.

Is this the Lawro-Hansen Analysis that you're applying here to assess his ability?

The fuck does being a decent player in a gash team have to do with the Premiership Team of the Season?

My current form 11 would be:

Krul

Ivanovic  Konscielny    Kompany  Baines

Valencia    Dempsey    Scholes  Ben Arfa

Cisse      RVP

But thats over that past 10 games. Team of the season is over the whole 38 games. If a players has missed more than 10 games through injury or suspension i dont think they can be considered.

wat?

Is this the Lawro-Hansen Analysis that you're applying here to assess his ability?

The f*** does being a decent player in a gash team have to do with the Premierhsip Team of the Seaosn?

Thing is they was'nt performing like gash in the first half of the year, they were playing well just no finishing teams off, now they are just s***  since the injuries of Lucas and lesser extent Agger.

Watch the performances between Liverpool now and Liverpool in october its night and day.....

Also the reason i was considering for team of the year before his injury is because i wanted to pick a balanced team and IMO up until his injury he was the best DM in the league.

Which is why i picked Arteta over the likes of Silva,Mata and Dempsey.