The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Shame he doesn't show it for Argentina like.

Hes playing against a to 90% Olympic side consisting of a defensive line with the average age of 21. Hes been very very good, but he still hasnt shown anything near what Maradona did for Argentina tbh.

Truth be told, I bet both sides would have lost to a more disciplined European side. Defending has been - thankfully for the neutral - quite hilarious.

Bruno Uvini - Juan were not good enough for the U-20 World Cup so dont know how theyd be good enough to play against Messi :lol:

Hes playing against a to 90% Olympic side consisting of a defensive line with the average age of 21. Hes been very very good, but he still hasnt shown anything near what Maradona did for Argentina tbh.

Can only face what's in front of him tbh.

At the same time he has achieved a lot more than Maradona had done at the same age. Which is something people seem to ignore.

Guest Craig-NUFC

So Lavezzi's contribution to the match was; hold the ball up in the corner, lose it, chase back, kick Marcelo, get sent off, kick off with the ref. Not a bad outing.

At the same time he has achieved a lot more than Maradona had done at the same age. Which is something people seem to ignore.

Absolutely, I love Messi while my hatred towards Maradona is enormous. However, I do feel that Messi has underachieved to his ability on the international scene. He reminds me a bit of Ronaldinho when he was at his best playing for the national side. Had great games at times but wanted to be involved in everything.

As a Brazilian I enjoyed seeing Messi today as to me hes from a completely different planet than the rest.

Ah the glorious Messi debate again..... except for the Maradona era when everyone was s*** Messi has always performed for Argentina just because he doesnt score dont make him s***..... at Copa 2011 and WC 2010 he was practically a midfielder and if the chances he created was taken no one would have said s***.

Also for the Argies he has 11 goals and 11 assists in last 16 games.... cant perform for them my arse :lol:

Also yes he's not at Maradona's level for Argies yet but as pointed out he's achieved much more than Maradona at the same age....

Lets wait till the end of his career before comparing as Maradona as a full career to look back on Messi is barely 24 or 25.

Anyway that 3rd goal :fwap: