Can't stop staring at it

Dave

To think 8 years ago 5th place was considered a failure by the hierarchy...

it wasn't considered a failure but it was seen as going backwards, as was the football on show that season.

To think 8 years ago 5th place was considered a failure by the hierarchy...

it wasn't considered a failure but it was seen as going backwards, as was the football on show that season.

He was sacked four PL games later. If that's not "failure" then I don't know what is.

Not getting into it anyway. Just wanted to highlight how far we've come in 8 years. Absolutely delighted, still don't know how we've done it.

Let's just focus on how amazing this is...

http://i.imgur.com/tUSxN.png

A win on Sunday would match 1993-94 and 2001-02 with nine away wins, the most we've had in the Premier League era. And 1993-94 had two extra away games. Unreal.

Guest bimpy474

So if we finish 5th, does this mean we go straight into the europa league groups?

Last qualifying round i think, that still depends on whether Chelsea win the Champions League.

The way results have gone for us this season makes me think they will go our way on the final day. Now just to capitalize.

Can't see us catching Arsenal, they only need a draw then we can't catch them unless we win 18-0.

We have a harder game than Spurs but we have been in better form.

It's going to be a really difficult couple of hours :lol:

Guest pintofscottsellers

We could potentially finish above Arsenal, Totenham, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool, unbelievable season.

So if we finish 5th, does this mean we go straight into the europa league groups?

From the UEFA web site...

The winners of these 35 ties [third qualifying round] are joined in the play-off round by another 41 clubs; the 15 losing teams from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, the domestic cup winners from the associations ranked 1 to 17, the third-placed league sides from the associations ranked 7 to 9, the fourth-placed team from the associations ranked 4 to 6 and the fifth-placed teams from the associations ranked 1 to 3.

The 38 victorious sides from these two legs qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage, and will be joined there by the ten losing sides from the UEFA Champions League play-off round.