Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Is it just me or is Krul having a turbo shit game?

Made nervous by all in front i would think, all hyperturdo that half.

Well where do you begin?

The service has been poor but Ba and Cisse aren't doing enough running for me, we're playing too deep espescially considering the deficit and that's allowing Wigan to build from the back. We need to be snapping at their heels all over the pitch and playing higher up. Wigan seem happy to give free kicks away all day with "professional fouls" so Ryan Taylor will probably come on.

I don't think their defence are that comfortable under pressure, they've given the ball away the couple of times they were forced into tight situations and have been fouling whenever anyone runs at them. They don't look all that solid at the back if we can play the ball along the deck, be a bit more patient with it and get Cisse in the box.

They are moving the ball much quicker than us. We actually look tired, second to every loose ball and slow in the pass. We need to up the tempo and get the ball out wide where the space is.

Wigan have been good on the ball but we're helping to make them look good by dwelling on the ball, poor positional play and poor pressure. We need to claw something back in the second half for our goal difference and hope other results go well for us today, that's about all we can wish for at this stage. Awful day at the office but we have to wait and see how costly this is and what we can do about it in the second half.

Come on lads wake up ffs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Clearly its the fault of the double dip recession and the centralised government that lives deep within the core of the Earth. The Mayans predicted this in their calender, as did the Egyptians and some stoned guys on the internet with a youtube account.

And our goal difference is utterly inconsequential.

Could it not go down to goal difference as to who gets 3rd or 4th?

We're miles behind all the others, and were before this match.

Guest bimpy474

Not really as we where already ten or so behind before this bumraping.

Guest Roger Kint

Is it just me or is Krul having a turbo shit game?

You watched that 49 minutes or so and its Krul you pick on? Jesus wept the 10 in front of him have to a man been fucking woeful but aye lets question that keeper :lol:

Guest Brendan_Rice

:lol: Look at that column in the table man

4 games left 7 goals difference between us and Chelsea/Spurs, that could have been made up until today

Guest bimpy474

Now this is where Pardew and the players live up to that team spirit and togetherness they tell us about, win the second half showing some pride and bollocks.

Guest Phil K

I take it Arsenal & Man Utd aren't good enough for the CL either, given they lost to Wigan too?

Wasn't aware they conceded 4 to them in the first half, mind.

:lol: Look at that column in the table man

4 games left 7 goals difference between us and Chelsea/Spurs, that could have been made up until today

If we'd made that up, we wouldn't need to make it up.