Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

We need to cut this high line shit out against counter attacking teams; we never catch the fuckers offside and we don't have the pace to get back, so what's the point?!

Pardew HAS to change the system second half, lets see what he can do.  With Arsenal dropping points thus far, it really was all in our hands today, lets have some fucking balls about us and go out second half looking to turn it around.

Guest Phil K

Is Krul playing in a straightjacket ? Every defender got his laces tied together ? This is Keystone Kops territory.

Guest andrew

Not trying to be a dick but i've got a feeling ryan taylor will come on for ben arfa as he's more natural centre and probably more up for a big 'getting some pride back' fight. Maybe shola for ba.

Simp Willo Colo

Sant                Gut

Rayl Tio Cab

Ameobi Cisse

And who the f*** are these American c***s?

Who is American ya daft shite? And if I was, why would it make ant difference, wanker.

:lol: On me stream man you daft American twat.

:lol: Why do I feel like 'American' was the pejorative in that post.

Well, what can you say to that.

Firstly, I think Wigan's performance is one of the best I've seen all season tbh. Martinez has got them playing tremendous football. They're players have got wiery agility, steel and skill. They move the ball quickly out of tight areas and into space, they exploit indiscipline in the opposition and, unfortunately for us, today their finishing has been absolutely top class.

As for us... we look meek, we didn't put out foot on the ball to begin with and they were out of the traps like lightning. After that we looked a little shot. Should have shut up shop for a bit after 1-0 and 2-0 down.. just get composed on the ball, but our adrenaline rush has resulted in a first-half spanking. Bought into our hype a bit too much, this match, based on that 45 minutes.

As ever, when you have one of these days absolutely fucking everything will annoy you (especially Danny Simpson). Get ready for the kneejerks, anyway.

Would happily take 4-0, not that we'll be qualifying for anything on goal difference anyway.

Too many players off it today sadly, bit like the Fulham game. Some of Wigan's play has been fantastic so credit to them. Honestly though, Di Santo captain three deflected goals a season scores that?! Ridiculous :D

Guest bimpy474

Got to say Pardew has got this monumentally wrong today. What fuckin formation are we playing? Why fuckin change it? Why?!

Change it back to what has worked so well, give them a fuckin rocket and get Demba fuckin Ba off the pitch. Absolute disgrace.

Best or Ferguson on for Ba. Back to the 4231 and get the fuck at them.

He's changed it as soon as we've been 2-0 down. Nothing wrong with that.

Nowt wrong if you have the right players to play it, we know have Williamson as the centre half with most time on the ball, we have Simpson covering their quickest player and a midfield that is completely disjointed, miles away from supporting the forwards.

Changed it to the wrong formation.

Well, what can you say to that.

Firstly, I think Wigan's performance is one of the best I've seen all season tbh. Martinez has got them playing tremendous football. They're players have got wiery agility, steel and skill. They move the ball quickly out of tight areas and into space, they exploit indiscipline in the opposition and, unfortunately for us, today their finishing has been absolutely top class.

As for us... we look meek, we didn't put out foot on the ball to begin with and they were out of the traps like lightning. After that we looked a little shot. Should have shut up shop for a bit after 1-0 and 2-0 down.. just get composed on the ball, but our adrenaline rush has resulted in a first-half spanking. Bought into our hype a bit too much, this match, based on that 45 minutes.

As ever, when you have one of these days absolutely f***ing everything will annoy you (especially Danny Simpson). Get ready for the kneejerks, anyway.

Would happily take 4-0, not that we'll be qualifying for anything on goal difference anyway.

One of those days, we've had them before, would be horribly embarassing if they score a load more though.

Well that's that then. Really need Arsenal to lose to Stoke to stand the slightest chance of CL now.

Rather see Spurs losing tbh.

Of course, but Arsenal losing would be a huge help too. Really think we need both, as finishing above both of them will be a tough ask with just 3 games left.